How you can order the Chevette

There's a guy down the street with 2 of them in his driveway, He did daily drive one of them up until last year when I think It broke down. There was another one, dark blue, a few years ago a few streets away with a v8 but it was listed on Kijiji and I haven't seen it since.

You don't see these often anymore but I always enjoy seeing them around town. I spotted a diesel one in Buffalo this winter.

I remember growing up and visiting my paternal grand parents in Laval. My grand mother, grand father and uncle each had their own Chevette. My grand mother's was the most recent one at the time, all white with the newer looking front end and some sporty stripe on the side.

lancaster?

No, Southern Ontario, Niagara region

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

haha, well that's totally not the same area, there's a guy near-ish to here in ontaro that has 2, the story sounded so similar I figured it had to be the same ones :p

Attachments

• acadian.jpg
    acadian.jpg
    698 bytes · Views: 71
3yr warranty!!! That's about 13k in today's money. Base Micra S , Spark and Mirage are 10-13k.I remember the Lada dealer on Brebeuf selling Rivas and Samaras for 3995$..

The smell of the streets on a cold winter morning was one of raw fuel from cars that didn't start. The Autoparts store a few blocks away from me would gladly charge your battery for 20$ or sell you a new one. Don't forget the gas line anti freeze..

Last edited:
Who would have thought that Skoda would be under the VAG these days ... Skodas were probably the best out of the Bloc countries. They sold a crap ton in Western Europe.

Didn't we get Moskvitchs here until the early 90s?

916wWBzk1mL._SX425_.jpg

Who would have thought that Skoda would be under the VAG these days ... Skodas were probably the best out of the Bloc countries. They sold a crap ton in Western Europe.

Didn't we get Moskvitchs here until the early 90s?

It's not in my Guide de l'auto 91. I didn't know Skoda sold here, I don't recall seeing any on the roads, even 15 years ago.

It's not in my Guide de l'auto 91. I didn't know Skoda sold here, I don't recall seeing any on the roads, even 15 years ago.
I'll ask my dad, he was into that oddball car scene back in those days. They might have pulled out in 88-89 because revolution.

Those Skoda 120/130 were rear engined and liquid cooled! 5sp manual. It's the ultimate broody mobile

You must be young, they were all over the roads here along with Dacia 1300 (Renault 12), Lada and Innocenti in the late 70's - 80's.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I'll ask my dad, he was into that oddball car scene back in those days. They might have pulled out in 88-89 because revolution.

Those Skoda 120/130 were rear engined and liquid cooled! 5sp manual. It's the ultimate broody mobile
Production stopped in 1990 according to Wikipedia

Cars without fuel injection disappeared quickly in the late 80s.

A childhood friend had an Innocenti rotting in their driveway for many years..

NemesisBob, where are you digging up these articles? There's a Montreal Gazette article from 1999 that I always wanted to dig up but could never find.

NemesisBob, where are you digging up these articles? There's a Montreal Gazette article from 1999 that I always wanted to dig up but could never find.

Google newspapers has a bunch of issues from the 1900's.

Also Bibliothque et Archibes Quebec has many papers and magazines scanned but you need a subscription. Mostly in French though..

http://www.banq.qc.ca/collections/revues_journaux/

Production stopped in 1990 according to Wikipedia

Cars without fuel injection disappeared quickly in the late 80s.

Well the last carb'd car sold here was the justy in 92 and maybe some pick up trucks.

There was also a large swing in political climate in the bloc countries.. getting inventory was difficult.... Lada slugged it out longer than most as they actually had a decent supply chain, Canadian HQ was in Boucherville with a parts depot. They later cars also had GM- Bosch injection.

I sorta miss the days when you had all these wacky car choices that you purchased from some random importer. Those Innocenti were pretty popular

Well the last carb'd car sold here was the justy in 92 and maybe some pick up trucks.

There was also a large swing in political climate in the bloc countries.. getting inventory was difficult.... Lada slugged it out longer than most as they actually had a decent supply chain, Canadian HQ was in Boucherville with a parts depot. They later cars also had GM- Bosch injection.

I sorta miss the days when you had all these wacky car choices that you purchased from some random importer. Those Innocenti were pretty popular

There used to be a Lada dealership on Lasalle Boul near the rapids. My aunt had two of them in between volvo bricks and random honda civics.

My uncle used to write for the Gazette and at one point I was looking for soemthing and an article he wrote about my grandfather making wine came up from like 1982 was pretty cool to find. There are some free sites and other pay for use ones.

Back