Chernobyl HBO

I wouldn't worry too much about Cesium 137 in californian wine, unless you also worry about mercury and other heavy metals from the ocean. All things considered the ocean is a big place and once diluted, the amount of radioactive material outside of Fukushima itself, and especially the amount that managed to make it across the ocean, catch a ride in water vapour, deposit in the wineyard and then travel into the grapes is pretty close to normal levels you'd find anywhere. I'd worry a lot more about pesticides and other stuff that's applied directly to the plant over many years. I know that's not as sexy a thing to worry about as cesium though ;)

Playing "my nuclear disaster is bigger than your nuclear disaster" misses the point entirely. They're both examples of what not to do when working with civilization-ending materials.

But if you must: Chenobyl: ~85 peta bequerel of radioactive material released; Fukushima: ~25. You can read about what bequerel mean on your own.

wrong...

Fukushima 121.6 to 131.2 peta Becquerel

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/0...-the-worst-nuclear-power-disaster-in-history/

Sans diminuer Tchernobyl, c'est une vrai joke comparé à Fukushima...

Tchernobyl a été ''maitrisé'' en moins d'un mois, Fukushima n'est toujours pas maitrisé 8 ans plus tard...

bien que les deux soient des explosions de centrale nucléaire, ils ne se comparent vraiment pas au niveau de la gravité...

tchernobyl = 1 meltdown /// Fukushima = 3 meltdown
Tchernobyl = Erreur humaine /// Fukushima = Catastrophe Naturelle + Négligence solide et stupidité de conception

Sans compter qu'encore aujourd'hui, on ne sait pas tous sur fukushima...

Last edited:
That is exactly the point. The only reason Fukushima is considered a lesser disaster is because they were able to dilute tons radioactive waste (which will continue to spill for decades) in the ocean.

What about the impact on marine life? The human lives lost might be less right now but Fukushima will destroy nature for decades to come, all around the world. Eventually, that will directly affect human lives. We will know the extent of it in 30-40 years.

Faux.
On le sait deja, juste a checker aux usa a Springfield.

That is exactly the point. The only reason Fukushima is considered a lesser disaster is because they were able to dilute tons radioactive waste (which will continue to spill for decades) in the ocean.

What about the impact on marine life? The human lives lost might be less right now but Fukushima will destroy nature for decades to come, all around the world. Eventually, that will directly affect human lives. We will know the extent of it in 30-40 years.

Yes, all of that is bad. I didn't say it's not bad, I said measuring dicks about which disaster is worse is pointless. It's like arguing who has the bigger cancer tumour. What matters is what we do about it now that it has happened and avoid other ones.

In 30-40 years half the Cs-137 from Fukushima will have decayed away, conveniently that's its half-life. Given the circumstances, we're lucky they were able to flush it in the ocean. Most people don't interact with the first 1km of ocean depth daily, but everyone interacts with the first 1km of atmosphere. If I were sea life, I would choose differently, but I'm not, so there you go. It's a shitty situation with no good options, but a controlled release is better than uncontrolled one.

Also you seem to be overlooking the fact that the water being released is not actually radioactive waste. Cesium and Strontium are filtered out of it, that started as soon as they were able to get filters in place after the quake. That leaves tritium which they keep having spills of, but while it is radioactive it's not a heavy metal that stays in your body once you ingest it. It's literally just water. You can drink tritium in some concentrations and be fine (or, not worse off than you were around naturally occuring radiation), since it doesn't stick around in your body long enough for a lot of it to decay and actually do damage. It's also only alpha radiation which your skin can stop, unlike the all-penetrating gamma you get from the heavy metal isotopes.

Meanwhile, Chernobyl was an uncontrolled clusterfuck that requires constant maintenance to keep it from releasing radioactive heavy metals into the atmosphere and groundwater, and there are still a bunch of the same reactor designs operating in Russia. And also it's in a country not known for awesome economic situation and at war with Russia. Who knows where that will go in the next 30 years. By your logic it should be the smaller disaster because we've managed to not have it blow up again, and, as you might have noticed from the TV show, barely managed to keep it from making half the country and all of Belarus uninhabitable.

You see how pointless this is?

Last edited:
I will trust nothing he says after reading his credentials. He is highly involved in politics. Politics and science do not mix. Chernobyl is the greatest example of that.

LOL is that why you're so fucking inept at both of them?

In 30-40 years half the Cs-137 from Fukushima will have decayed away, conveniently that's its half-life. Given the circumstances, we're lucky they were able to flush it in the ocean.

Also you seem to be overlooking the fact that the water being released is not actually radioactive waste. Cesium and Strontium are filtered out of it, that started as soon as they were able to get filters in place after the quake. That leaves tritium which they keep having spills of, but while it is radioactive it's not a heavy metal that stays in your body once you ingest it. It's literally just water. You can drink tritium in some concentrations and be fine (or, not worse off than you were around naturally occuring radiation), since it doesn't stick around in your body long enough for a lot of it to decay and actually do damage.

Exactly.

All of this is explained in great detail in this fucking incredible NOVA doc, the filtration systems, everything :

Yes, all of that is bad. I didn't say it's not bad, I said measuring dicks about which disaster is worse is pointless. It's like arguing who has the bigger cancer tumour. What matters is what we do about it now that it has happened and avoid other ones.

In 30-40 years half the Cs-137 from Fukushima will have decayed away, conveniently that's its half-life. Given the circumstances, we're lucky they were able to flush it in the ocean. Most people don't interact with the first 1km of ocean depth daily, but everyone interacts with the first 1km of atmosphere. If I were sea life, I would choose differently, but I'm not, so there you go. It's a shitty situation with no good options, but a controlled release is better than uncontrolled one.

Also you seem to be overlooking the fact that the water being released is not actually radioactive waste. Cesium and Strontium are filtered out of it, that started as soon as they were able to get filters in place after the quake. That leaves tritium which they keep having spills of, but while it is radioactive it's not a heavy metal that stays in your body once you ingest it. It's literally just water. You can drink tritium in some concentrations and be fine (or, not worse off than you were around naturally occuring radiation), since it doesn't stick around in your body long enough for a lot of it to decay and actually do damage. It's also only alpha radiation which your skin can stop, unlike the all-penetrating gamma you get from the heavy metal isotopes.

Meanwhile, Chernobyl was an uncontrolled clusterfuck that requires constant maintenance to keep it from releasing radioactive heavy metals into the atmosphere and groundwater, and there are still a bunch of the same reactor designs operating in Russia. And also it's in a country not known for awesome economic situation and at war with Russia. Who knows where that will go in the next 30 years. By your logic it should be the smaller disaster because we've managed to not have it blow up again, and, as you might have noticed from the TV show, barely managed to keep it from making half the country and all of Belarus uninhabitable.

You see how pointless this is?
70% de l'air qu on respire provient des océans. J irait pas a dire que le premier km est useless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Are you aware that Counterpunch is a leftist blog for "environmental justice?"

Also, are you aware that dumping these numbers in google with no context whatsoever returns only shit blogs like "opinionated bastard" and wordpress/blogspot sites and "antinuclear.net" and "Jewworldorder"?

See for yourself : https://www.google.com/search?sourc......0....2j1..gws-wiz.....6..35i39.SYaQpMEDUMg

Soooo, do you secretly dabble in hardcore leftist circles outside of MR?

Also, how did they get to these numbers, since all but one source listed at the bottom of the article relate to Chernobyl (none of them work, by the way), and the only source pertaining to Fukushima (the fourth one) is from enews, a known anti nuclear propaganda news hub. That source also happens in the article BEFORE the numbers "121.6 to 131.2 peta Becquerel" are mentionned. So these numbers are unsourced, possibly made up, or come from another leak of a different material at fukushima that has been wrongly attributed to cesium-137, like radioiodine that leaked around 120 petabecquerels as of late 2014 : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25122492

Oh yeah, the guy who wrote that article also runs Nukewatch.

So that's either a load of horseshit or a twisted interpretation of real numbers to fit your personal philosophy that everything is getting worse all the time from nuclear disasters to gender roles to the quality of ramen noodles. The only thing that has gotten significantly worse is people's attention span for information, how they get it and what they do with it.

tchernobyl = 1 meltdown /// Fukushima = 3 meltdown
Tchernobyl = Erreur humaine /// Fukushima = Catastrophe Naturelle + Négligence solide et stupidité de conception

This is a laughably incompetent cliffing of something you just don't understand.

The number of reactor meltdowns doesn't mean anything. Not all radiation is equal, and not all materials have the same half-life and rate of decay while they stabilize. Some take milliseconds, some take thousands of years. Some go right through your body, some stick to your cells, some are easily digestible, some aren't. Biological half life is also a thing that has an impact on how long these materials stay in your system when ingested, on top of the effect they have according to their concentration.

Get educated please.

Sans compter qu'encore aujourd'hui, on ne sait pas tous sur fukushima...

LOL yeah, I can definitely see that happening ITT.

In short, if you manage to eat 20 tons of pacific tuna and wash it down with 200 tons of pacific seawater, you'll die from mercury poisoning and natural radiation before any amount of cesium-137 has a chance to kill a single one of your hair follicles.

I'm all for freedom of speech and everything but fucking hell, mods really need to get a grip on this forum, the amount of horseshit conspiracy theories going around this place is pathetic.

Last edited:
Who are you to treat me as an incompetent leftist? you don't know me...

So if i follow your reasonning, everything you say is also bullshit and youre just a stupid rightist?

Okay thanks

Datant de 2018:
Seven years on, radioactive water at Fukushima plant still flowing into ocean, study finds. More than seven years after the March 2011 Fukushima nuclear crisis, radioactive water is continuing to flow into the Pacific Ocean from the crippled No. 1 plant at a rate of around 2 billion becquerels a day, a study has found.

2 000 000 000 becquerel = 0.000002 petabecquerel

That's nothing.

knock yourself out : https://www.translatorscafe.com/unit-converter/en/radiation-activity/2-1/petabecquerel-becquerel/

Papi t'as vraiment une attitude de marde sur ce topic...

Laisse aller et soit plus positif, leader, transmetteur d'information plutôt qu'être arrogant et ''i know all, you are all stupid''

Apprend à prendre la place qu,il te revient et non celle que tu penses devoir mériter

Papi t'as vraiment une attitude de marde sur ce topic...

Laisse aller et soit plus positif, leader, transmetteur d'information plutôt qu'être arrogant et ''i know all, you are all stupid''

Apprend à prendre la place qu,il te revient et non celle que tu penses devoir mériter

Go read your post history in this thread and talk to me again about know-it-alls and humility.

If my lack of patience for the dissemination of distorted low-quality information bothers you, save your keystrokes for political threads, where the chances of running into my bad attitude are slim to none cause I don't post in them. I don't post in them because I don't know shit about politics, I'm not that interested in politics and can't be bothered to research them thoroughly, so I READ THE THREADS instead, because I'm self aware enough to know that the most I could contribute to political discussions are questions. I'm fine with that, this is how you learn shit.

On the other hand, you post everywhere in all subjects, and it's always a confident sounding post of extremely low quality, backed by low quality content, so I associate your name to low quality content. My name is associated with blowing fuses, pompous self indulgent walls of texts and derailing threads. I get it, fuck it.

I understand that forums are a place where everyone can contribute but there's a point where the bullshit has to stop. When things aren't true, there's no use arguing them and and no amount of linking to horseshit blogs will change that.

If you took your own advice, you would exit through the big door and never post here again, so I'm all for it.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
wow ... the official soviet death toll, unchanged since '87 is 31 . caliss ils sont pogne dans leur llunette rose lol !

Cetais calissement bon comme série. Wow.

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

donner credit au trailer.
Je ecoute jamais de serie.

mais le trailer etai telement bien fait que j ai deja ete vendu.
le gars qui a edit le trailer est un champion

Trouver videos d'un youtuber qui est aller a chernobyl fin juin

Fou pareil les spots comment la nature a prit le dessus et les taux de radioactivité de 400+ random a certain spot

Back