Removing exhaust flap connector? (leaving open)

CuddlyJen

Multi Field Esssspert
I know it's not a major mod or anything I'm just curious to try it to see what kind of difference it makes...

If I start my car and wait for a minute, the flap will then open. If I turn off the car, I noticed it remains open.
If I remove the connector that goes in the unit that controls the flap, will the flap:

1 - Remain open all the time.
2 - Will I get any error messages or lights on the computer.

Thanks!

Golf tee mod.

Le idle était weird sur le mien, alors j’ai remis ça d’origine.

Golf tee mod.

Le idle était weird sur le mien, alors j’ai remis ça d’origine.

Cest tu le meme type de mod sur les modeles recents? Jai un 330 2018 et ca de l’air a etre un module electronique....ya pas de hose comme sur les modeles plus vieux, a moins que je l’ai pas remarqué. Jai passes un gros 30 secondes seulement a verifier en dessous.

Cest tu le meme type de mod sur les modeles recents? Jai un 330 2018 et ca de l’air a etre un module electronique....ya pas de hose comme sur les modeles plus vieux, a moins que je l’ai pas remarqué. Jai passes un gros 30 secondes seulement a verifier en dessous.

Ah ok, je ne sais pas. Le mien a un tube de vaccum qui passe par un solénoïde. N20 dans mon cas.

Edit: depuis quelques années ils ont remplacé pour un module. Soit tu le code ou bien, débranche losrqu’ouvert. Pas de problème selon les forums visités.

Last edited:
You can code it to stay open if not remove the spring from the motor to the flap and jam it open with a wire or something. It will prob rattle, you are better off welding it open. Or when the car is cold started and the flap is open, disconnect the harness. It will store a code in the DME but won't light up the CEL as it's not a critical part

You can code it to stay open if not remove the spring from the motor to the flap and jam it open with a wire or something. It will prob rattle, you are better off welding it open. Or when the car is cold started and the flap is open, disconnect the harness. It will store a code in the DME but won't light up the CEL as it's not a critical part

I wouldnt weld it since i would most probably revert back one day, plus for the hassle i wouldnt even bother and leave it that way.

For the coding, I do have bimmercode but didnt find any option for the flap online. I know bimmerlink can do it but the app is 36$.
But that would probably be the best option.

I just read an old thread online that says if you disconnect the connector for more then 24 hours it gets disabled and the only way to re-enable it is through the dealer and $$$.

Bimmerlink, Carly and I think protool can code it easily

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I wouldnt weld it since i would most probably revert back one day, plus for the hassle i wouldnt even bother and leave it that way.

For the coding, I do have bimmercode but didnt find any option for the flap online. I know bimmerlink can do it but the app is 36$.
But that would probably be the best option.

I just read an old thread online that says if you disconnect the connector for more then 24 hours it gets disabled and the only way to re-enable it is through the dealer and $$$.
So spend the 36$ or remove the spring. Pretty simple options.. this is like the simplest thing in world

From what i’ve seen there is no spring on the recent models. Its electric.
And 36$ just for that with no other gains... i prefer leaving as is.

Too bad the bimmercode app doesnt do it :(

Oh no the horror of actually having to spend money for something...

According to Realoem there is still a C clip/Spring between the motor and the actual flap. There is even a P/N listing for it Fixing Bow 18307620323, So the methods I listed will work but what do I know

Oh no the horror of actually having to spend money for something...

According to Realoem there is still a C clip/Spring between the motor and the actual flap. There is even a P/N listing for it Fixing Bow 18307620323, So the methods I listed will work but what do I know

Do you sound like an ass on a daily basis? I specified it wasnt that important to me so if I could do without paying I will. If not, oh well i dont care that much.

For someone working in a garage, you should learn how to be more polite when it comes to car question, even if they are stupid to you. Im sure Momentum holds a great reputation but its asshats like you that prevent them from making even more money. On 2 occasions I had the possibility of referring the garage to my bosses who both own porsches and the reason i didnt was specifically you lol

I'm very polite but when questions and answers get beaten to death, especially when multiple solutions were listed the rage comes out

Back