Maintenance Checks on a Lease

gollum

Legacy Member
I've never had a lease up until recently, (I've been driving for 30 years). My question is, those BS maintenance checks that dealers "suggest" at every x amount of km where they check your oil levels, check your brakes, etc...and want to charge you $100-$200. When you refuse them does it play against you if you end up having an issue that's under warranty. Basically, will they turn around and say, "oh you didn't do your 30,000 km maintenance check so we're not covering it under the warranty"? I know these checks are big time cash grabs but I'm curious if they could turn around and tell you this. I wouldn't think so but just want to be sure.

I only take it to the dealer for oil changes and I'll tell you why, in the past with another car I had (that was a purchase) I would take it in for the oil change and they would tell me, "oh you should change this or fix that, etc..." I would then just go to my regular mechanic relay the message and he would either take care of it or call their BS and say you don't need to. But that was on a car I straight out owned. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ma conjointe a eue 4 voitures en location, jamais fait ces soi-disant entretien et retourner les voitures a la fin du bail sans problème.

J'ai eu une location dans ma vie de 2 ans et pas fait non plus et retourner sans problème.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

I've never had a lease up until recently, (I've been driving for 30 years). My question is, those BS maintenance checks that dealers "suggest" at every x amount of km where they check your oil levels, check your brakes, etc...and want to charge you $100-$200. When you refuse them does it play against you if you end up having an issue that's under warranty. Basically, will they turn around and say, "oh you didn't do your 30,000 km maintenance check so we're not covering it under the warranty"? I know these checks are big time cash grabs but I'm curious if they could turn around and tell you this. I wouldn't think so but just want to be sure.

I only take it to the dealer for oil changes and I'll tell you why, in the past with another car I had (that was a purchase) I would take it in for the oil change and they would tell me, "oh you should change this or fix that, etc..." I would then just go to my regular mechanic relay the message and he would either take care of it or call their BS and say you don't need to. But that was on a car I straight out owned. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

For the warranty, you need to follow what is required in the owners manual. Most of the time, dealers will go over this and this is where the cash grab part starts.

For the lease return, they don`t give a flying fuck! They are mostly looking for aesthetic damages and wearable items (brakes and tires).

Ma conjointe a eue 4 voitures en location, jamais fait ces soi-disant entretien et retourner les voitures a la fin du bail sans problème.

J'ai eu une location dans ma vie de 2 ans et pas fait non plus et retourner sans problème.

Merci.

Et aussi une location, t'es pas obligé de faire tes changements d'huile au dealer...juste a prouver qu'ils ont été fait dans les normes recommandés en conservant la facture du garage du coin.

Tu n'as rien à craindre en autant que tu n'as pas de problème.

Un de mes ex-collègue avait loué un Mazda CX7 et avait refusé l'entretien des freins. Durant un roadtrip en floride, son étrier arrière est resté collé au point tel que son disque était devenu rouge vif. Les autres voitures lui faisait signe mais comme un épais, il a continué comme si de rien n'était lol. Tout a jammé et il a du remplacer l'étrier, le disque, les plaquettes et même son cap de roue qui avait fondu ahahah. Il était en maudit contre Mazda, aucune garantie car il avait décliné l'entretien recommandé.

Tu n'as rien à craindre en autant que tu n'as pas de problème.

Un de mes ex-collègue avait loué un Mazda CX7 et avait refusé l'entretien des freins. Durant un roadtrip en floride, son étrier arrière est resté collé au point tel que son disque était devenu rouge vif. Les autres voitures lui faisait signe mais comme un épais, il a continué comme si de rien n'était lol. Tout a jammé et il a du remplacer l'étrier, le disque, les plaquettes et même son cap de roue qui avait fondu ahahah. Il était en maudit contre Mazda, aucune garantie car il avait décliné l'entretien recommandé.
I've had people follow the OEM service to the Tee. Meaning this at that mileage etc.. decline brake service, decline replacement of filter. Similar incidents happen or the interior smells like a locker room

The OEM guide for severe is the minimum amount of maintence needed to maintain warranty. My new car has the maintence package for oil changes etc. Anything they suggest I'll do myself for obvious reasons

For the warranty, you need to follow what is required in the owners manual. Most of the time, dealers will go over this and this is where the cash grab part starts.

For the lease return, they don`t give a flying fuck! They are mostly looking for aesthetic damages and wearable items (brakes and tires).

i find it stupid because the whole point of leasing a car is because you dont WANT to give a f* so why would anyone even pay for these stupid inspections.

i find it stupid because the whole point of leasing a car is because you dont WANT to give a f* so why would anyone even pay for these stupid inspections.

lease or purchase, you need to do the minimum required maintenance if you want your warranty to be valid.

maintenance does not need to be done at the dealership, as long as you follow the schedule in your little book and keep records of these, you are good for the warranty.

if you lease a car for 36 months, you still have to change the oil and filters...

lease or purchase, you need to do the minimum required maintenance if you want your warranty to be valid.

maintenance does not need to be done at the dealership, as long as you follow the schedule in your little book and keep records of these, you are good for the warranty.

if you lease a car for 36 months, you still have to change the oil and filters...

You got me wrong buddy , i mentionned about those stupid inspections & special maintenances. Not the usual oil filters & engine oil.

I do oil+filter, air filter and maybe cabin filter if it's really dirty. That's what the service guy at audi told me to do.

Sur la seule location que j'ai eu, j'ai juste faite des changements d'huile et les freins avant avec les morceaux le plus cheap possible. Ca couterai une beurrer s'il fallait faire tout ce qui est by the book..

Somebody who does not want to be raped by the dealer with their 100 points useless inspections?
Well there is nothing wrong with having a look at brakes/suspension etc while having an oil change. The problem is selling 1k of work on a 2 yr old car with 30k...

This is why some brands just started tossing in maintence packages with the leases. You pay for it but the cost is hidden and they get back cars that have had minimal maintenance.

2013 jetta, did only 2 oil changes with 124000km. no fucks given. didnt give a shit about warranty. gave it back after 30 month lease. The worst part is my company pays for all maintenance.

2013 jetta, did only 2 oil changes with 124000km. no fucks given. didnt give a shit about warranty. gave it back after 30 month lease. The worst part is my company pays for all maintenance.

LOL....2 oil changes on 124,000 km? How did the engine not blow?

Thanks to everyone for their tips and stories.

Back