Maintenance Checks on a Lease

LOL....2 oil changes on 124,000 km? How did the engine not blow?

Thanks to everyone for their tips and stories.

I was hoping it would seize. But at 60000 I felt a tiny bit of remorse and did a 1st oil change. (Stupid me)
The thing ran like champ all the time.
When you have a cunty boss, you tend to be a cunty employee.

As it was stated, they don't ask for any proof of maintenance when you return the car. So you could only top off the oil during the whole lease and nobody would give a shit. But! When it comes to warranty, regardless if it's a lease or a purchase, you'll need to have proof of maintenance

As it was stated, they don't ask for any proof of maintenance when you return the car. So you could only top off the oil during the whole lease and nobody would give a shit. But! When it comes to warranty, regardless if it's a lease or a purchase, you'll need to have proof of maintenance

They don't but IMO most people aren't horrible with maintenance on something new and will have the basic stuff done. 1st owners even on lease are decent, the maintenance issues start creeping up with the 2nd owner deferring as much as possible. Then they call the car a POS when it needs 1-2k of work at 120k. A family member was recently ranting how her X1 needed tires,brakes and wiper blades at 90k.... Had at the work done at a corner garage and got HOSED, like HOSED. My father in law laughed at said "If only someone worked on these cars in the family"

When I got the Mini they asked if I wanted the "Plus" package which includes brakes. I declined. However the scheduled stuff is included aka hidden in the price

Every new MINI comes with No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance,* which covers
many of your vehicle’s essential servicing needs at no additional charge. Maintenance
may be carried out at any authorized MINI Retailer where MINI Certified
Technicians will service your vehicle using only Original MINI Parts. • Oil and filter change

• Vehicle service check
• Service or replacement of air filters,
fuel filters, and microfilters
• Service or replacement of
spark plugs and brake fluid

I already did one oil change lol

Back