Ontario to start 110kph pilot project

finalement !! what pain in the @ss to cross freaking Ontario at 90/100km/h. For the last two years i wasnt giving a single phoque ! 109km/h all the time.

But watch out the amount of crashes/lost of control for the next 2-3 years...Highway 11/17 can be really sneaky sometimes

I think most highways across Canada could handle 120km/h pretty easily. Good on ON for looking to upgrade.

I would take that a step further and say some stretches of Trans Canadian highways could use a highspeed stretch of 140-160, but that would be asking too much.

Can’t wait for 110-120 in Quebec. Although our gas prices aren’t too speed friendly and not sure the SQ syndicat would appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait for 110-120 in Quebec. Although our gas prices aren’t too speed friendly and not sure the SQ syndicat would appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh they already tolerate 120kph. Nothing would really change, it more physiological.

Off island 110-120kph limit is fine

Projet pilote pour ça c'est une joke, si on enlève les accidents dûs au GEV et à l'alcool ça doit être très bas et une variation dans le nombre d'accidents sera plus une "erreur" statistique que la conséquence de 10kmh de plus quand le monde roule déjà à 120-130 anyways.

Projet pilote pour ça c'est une joke, si on enlève les accidents dûs au GEV et à l'alcool ça doit être très bas et une variation dans le nombre d'accidents sera plus une "erreur" statistique que la conséquence de 10kmh de plus quand le monde roule déjà à 120-130 anyways.

I think its to get the people who are going 100 to go a bit faster, so they don't create a train behind them, but it will a train travelling at 110 now. lol

I think its to get the people who are going 100 to go a bit faster, so they don't create a train behind them, but it will a train travelling at 110 now. lol
No it's more to show the nimby groups that speed doesn't kill. Most traffic related deaths here is distracted driving. Speed itself counts for a very low amount. Try telling that to MADD though...

Europe it's people falling asleep and not wearing seatbelts

The big take away from the article is more enforcement of camping in the left lane

sa devrait etre 120 l'hiver et au moins 140 l'ete, mais je serais curieux de savoir combien de taxes ramene la SQ sur l'autoroute

No it's more to show the nimby groups that speed doesn't kill. Most traffic related deaths here is distracted driving. Speed itself counts for a very low amount. Try telling that to MADD though...

Europe it's people falling asleep and not wearing seatbelts

The big take away from the article is more enforcement of camping in the left lane

ahh, well if all the matantes go up 110 as a byproduct of the new limit, then good.

110Km/h c'est déjà moins pire quand je vais pogner un ticket à 130-140:D

Sauf que 150 sera le nouveau 140.

Mais quand je me sens pas pressé je met le cruise à 105-110 maintenant, question de moins polluer. L'argent des amendes de vitesse devrait aller dans le Fonds vert.

De toute façons je serais curieux de voir les stats pour comparer les accidents mortels sur l'autoroute vs routes secondaires/ville. C'est pas rouler à 110/120/130 qui tue sur l'autoroute. C'est plus rouler 150+ qui deviens dangereux. Comme que c'est pas rouler à 70 dans une zone de 50 qui est dangereux mais plus 90+.

De toute façons je serais curieux de voir les stats pour comparer les accidents mortels sur l'autoroute vs routes secondaires/ville. C'est pas rouler à 110/120/130 qui tue sur l'autoroute. C'est plus rouler 150+ qui deviens dangereux. Comme que c'est pas rouler à 70 dans une zone de 50 qui est dangereux mais plus 90+.

Zone de 50, le risque à 80 vs 50 je dirais que c'est quand un moron brûle une rouge. 50 + 50 si c'est pas frontal ça ne tue sûrement pas. 70 + 70, ça doit laisser plus de séquelles. Mais je m'en crisse, je roule à 70 pareil.

Mon daily comute c'est rendu 30-40 partout, stops, dos d'âne partout. Je respecte à peu près les limites vu que c'est en ville à part les stops américains le soir.

Meh they already tolerate 120kph. Nothing would really change, it more physiological.

Off island 110-120kph limit is fine

Except 110 is not enough. It needs to be a speed in which people actively think/say; "Maybe I shouldn't do X and focus on the road to make sure I don't have an accident at this speed"

It's been proven that higher speed limits lessen distracted driving so to Broody's point about statistical noise, the results should be significant if you get up to a speed where most cell phone wielding idiotic drivers don't pick up their phones behind the wheel.

There is no absolute speed that is unsafe. If I throw out 170kph you can't say it's unsafe. The four top most things that make any speed unsafe are:

1) The car's condition/capability
2) Difference in speed to most other cars on the road
3) Road design/condition
4) Weather conditions

For example if you're in a new M5 on an almost empty highway and the sun is shining, 170kph is a comfortable cruising speed not some death wish but try telling that to Ginette.

There is no absolute speed that is unsafe. If I throw out 170kph you can't say it's unsafe. The four top most things that make any speed unsafe are:

1) The car's condition/capability
2) Difference in speed to most other cars on the road
3) Road design/condition
4) Weather conditions

For example if you're in a new M5 on an almost empty highway and the sun is shining, 170kph is a comfortable cruising speed not some death wish but try telling that to Ginette.
totally agree. unfortunately, you'd have to rely on people's common sense to gauge when and where to do 170 safely. And we both know most wouldn't.

Difference in speed and people's inability manage that difference is what causes speed-related accident, not absolute speed.

Back