Ontario to start 110kph pilot project

totally agree. unfortunately, you'd have to rely on people's common sense to gauge when and where to do 170 safely. And we both know most wouldn't.

Difference in speed and people's inability manage that difference is what causes speed-related accident, not absolute speed.

I know and I agree that common sense is not so common anymore. Very few can use their brains to come to that conclusion by themselves and worse yet we don't teach it. Teaching young drivers not to speed is the same as sexual abstinence, it's a short sighted position and you know they're going to do it anyway. Proper education would result in less ruined lives if we just got over the stigma and taught how and how not to do it.

After all isn't that what a driver's license is? A check to see that the person is competent enough to not make a vehicle a 3000 pound weapon.

I know and I agree that common sense is not so common anymore. Very few can use their brains to come to that conclusion by themselves and worse yet we don't teach it. Teaching young drivers not to speed is the same as sexual abstinence, it's a short sighted position and you know they're going to do it anyway. Proper education would result in less ruined lives if we just got over the stigma and taught how and how not to do it.

After all isn't that what a driver's license is? A check to see that the person is competent enough to not make a vehicle a 3000 pound weapon.
Getting a license in North America is easy and cheap. You just need to prove you can turn a steering wheel... You can't blame most drivers, they were taught by clueless people

Sauf que 150 sera le nouveau 140.

Mais quand je me sens pas pressé je met le cruise à 105-110 maintenant, question de moins polluer. L'argent des amendes de vitesse devrait aller dans le Fonds vert.

Je me mettrai pas à rouler 10 de plus vite parce que la limite a monté. Comme ne ne me mettrais pas à rouler 10 de moins si la limite baissait. C'tune autoroute criss, pas une zone résidentielle.

Back