Looking for feedback on 2008 Audi TT 3.2

bigsmokes

Has anyone ever owned one? have an opportunity to get one at a decent price.

What was the maintenance cost like on a yearly basis?
Are there any major issues that I should check/ be aware before the purchase?
The one im looking at is a 6 speed but the rpm gauge isnt working for some reason, is that a normal problem?

this is the car, its lowered on "unknown coilovers"

well it's build on a golf platform and has the A3/R32 drivetrain.

So I did not own one, but I did own 2 R32.

Engine is an old design pretty reliable. Not much issue with it, just regular maintenance like spark plugs, fluids pretty much.

I had the accessory belt tensionner fail on my on the highway on my 2008, this seems pretty common from my readings. In rare occasions, the timing chain guides need attention, not very common, but it happens and it's somewhat an expensive job (around 1500$ if I remember correctly).

Keep in mind it's not an efficient engine at all, you'll get regular 11-12L/100km, so if that is a concern for you, take it into consideration.

Haldex and transmission are pretty solid. Haldex needs fluid change regularly (60 000km IIRC).

As for this particular one, to me it looks a little rough around the edges (from the minimal info you provided), but it definitly is a fun car that is not that expensive to maintain.

As with any car, you can end up with a lemon, but that's another story...

Timing chain / carbon build up

Thats pretty much for the major maintenances

3.2 in my b7 is at 230k and no signs of incoming failures

well it's build on a golf platform and has the A3/R32 drivetrain.

So I did not own one, but I did own 2 R32.

Engine is an old design pretty reliable. Not much issue with it, just regular maintenance like spark plugs, fluids pretty much.

I had the accessory belt tensionner fail on my on the highway on my 2008, this seems pretty common from my readings. In rare occasions, the timing chain guides need attention, not very common, but it happens and it's somewhat an expensive job (around 1500$ if I remember correctly).

Keep in mind it's not an efficient engine at all, you'll get regular 11-12L/100km, so if that is a concern for you, take it into consideration.

Haldex and transmission are pretty solid. Haldex needs fluid change regularly (60 000km IIRC).

As for this particular one, to me it looks a little rough around the edges (from the minimal info you provided), but it definitly is a fun car that is not that expensive to maintain.

As with any car, you can end up with a lemon, but that's another story...

My bad for going MIA the past few days! Well drove the car around and drives it well but its too damn low! I found out that its a US car with 125k miles (200k km) and there is no rust at all, its lowered on BC coilovers, has a milltek non resonated cat back exhaust (sounds pretty good) and AMG style 1 wheels. My concern is with the tachometer since its not working at the moment and can't seem to find any info related to this. This would be a weekend toy for me and my S60 would be my daily so fuel economy isn't too much of an issue. These were the codes I was able to pull P0056, P0036, P0139, P0156, P0491 and P0492 but didn't have the chance yet to research them properly.Thank you for the info, I will make sure the accessory belt tensionner was changed because I don't want that failing on me :p and congratulations on the B 8.5 S4 its pretty quick and underrated

Back