Affichage des résultats 1 à 5 sur 5

Discussion: Robot Zone 01 competition

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle No more BMW
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Robot Zone 01 competition

My daughter participated yesterday with her school at the Robot Zone [01] 2019 Challenges - Robot 911, elementary level. I attended the event and provided assistance to the kids when required. This was the coolest kid event I ever participated in, it made me want to be a kid again. I never had such an opportunity when I was growing up, yes I played with Lego's but not at this level.

http://www.robotiquezone01.ca/2016-z...ex.php?lang=en

You can sense the excitement, the tension, the stress, the disappointments when the robots failed. This is the great stuff about these events, it teaches the kids about teamwork, facing adversity, stress management, finding solutions and above ALL just plain FUN!!!

If you have kids and your school offers a robotics program, try and convince your kids to join. There were 108 teams yesterday from Montreal, Laval, Rive Nord, South Shore and a team from Val Dor.

The Aerial Ladder challenge was by far the most difficult, only one team managed to complete the task.

The best part about this, it exposes them early to a future of endless possibilities (robotics, automation, and to some extent AI)

It was a great day!!!
    Dernière modification par allroad ; 17/05/2019 à 13h14.
    If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. - Henry Ford

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Saab 9-2x Aero
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of my buddies' son's team won something similar last year and him and his team all went to Japan to represent Quebec. It seemed really interesting and I would've loved to participate when I was a kid but all we had was a Vic-20 connected to a wooden TV and a cassette tape.
    I yelled "cow!" to a lady on a bicycle. She gave me the finger while she kept pedaling and plowed into a cow.

I tried...

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Chevrolet Jetta vi-arecix
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    man i would have LOVED this event as a kid !!
    Citation Envoyé par theoutsider Voir le message
    Ta yeule le troll. Va donc te brosser la queue avec une brosse à BBQ.

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle No more BMW
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Montreal will be hosting the WRO (World Robotics Olympiads) in November 2020 at the Palais des Congres. 60 nations will be participating, https://wro-association.org/home/
    If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. - Henry Ford

Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Yamaha hgfer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great idea ...

Règles de messages