Robot Zone 01 competition

allroad

My daughter participated yesterday with her school at the Robot Zone [01] 2019 Challenges - Robot 911, elementary level. I attended the event and provided assistance to the kids when required. This was the coolest kid event I ever participated in, it made me want to be a kid again. I never had such an opportunity when I was growing up, yes I played with Lego's but not at this level.

http://www.robotiquezone01.ca/2016-zone01-joomla3/index.php?lang=en

You can sense the excitement, the tension, the stress, the disappointments when the robots failed. This is the great stuff about these events, it teaches the kids about teamwork, facing adversity, stress management, finding solutions and above ALL just plain FUN!!!

If you have kids and your school offers a robotics program, try and convince your kids to join. There were 108 teams yesterday from Montreal, Laval, Rive Nord, South Shore and a team from Val Dor.

The Aerial Ladder challenge was by far the most difficult, only one team managed to complete the task.

The best part about this, it exposes them early to a future of endless possibilities (robotics, automation, and to some extent AI)

It was a great day!!!

Last edited:
One of my buddies' son's team won something similar last year and him and his team all went to Japan to represent Quebec. It seemed really interesting and I would've loved to participate when I was a kid but all we had was a Vic-20 connected to a wooden TV and a cassette tape.

Back