what Are your liabilities/ coverage when going around a track

Il n'y a pas vraiment de barrières à mecaglisse justement c'est le fun pour ça.

Mécaglisse est un circuit tres lent because juste des courbes serré , auncun long strecth , plate en char ,
c'est juste le fun en moto pour pencher le genou dans les courbes.

Pas de couverture d'assurances sur la track.. c à nos risques..ma blonde est dans les assurances depuis 25 ans....

I clicked like sorry its my normal reaction to your posts- generally, but this time you are wrong.
Greg has it pretty much covered,

insurance policies cover you for normal track days where instruction is present and timing is absent- official timing- not personal timers. Unless you are unlucky and have an insurer that has added the no track cluase to your policy- in that case, you are not covered.
As far as car to car contact, the gentleman's agreement is in place but if push comes to shove when its time to make things right, court will ultimately prevail.
In our club, if your wrong a member and do not make it right, you are banned.

That being said- in 25 years of running events- I have had one incident of car on car contact were damage was significant and the guilty party made it right, after we explained the gentleman's agreement and that he would no longer be able to lap with usuntil he made it right.

Fees for track damage. !!!! WTF . That should sort of be included in your track fees?

NO , not at all. you rent the track to be used as a track. you crash and screw up a guard rail- you pay to fix. you leave the track as you found it- quite normal.

I had an off at mecaglisse I was cleaning sand out of my car that entire summer.
Between cleaning sand vs replacing 2-3 body panels + maybe a bent frame, I'll take the sand. And you get a free undercarriage sandblasting.

Mécaglisse est un circuit tres lent because juste des courbes serré , auncun long strecth , plate en char ,
c'est juste le fun en moto pour pencher le genou dans les courbes.

Plate en mustang, fun en civic, miata, etc. Encore mieux l'hiver.

Vérifiez avec vos polices d'assurances car dans mon cas ce n"est pas couvert...

BTW... je me suis fait barrer d'une compagnie d'assurance (SSQ) pour avoir simplement posé la question au téléphone alors que je magasinais. IMO, demandez la police et lisez là vous même.

J'ai connus quelqu'un qui a fait rembourser le coût de réparation à son auto + les glissières à Icar par son assurance automobile pas mal standard lors d'une journée de lapping avec instructeurs mais il a dû sortir les gros cannons (avocat) pour faire respecter à la lettre son contrat d'assurance. C'est vraiment du cas par cas.

P.S.: Je fouille dans ma documentation "online" pour Desjardins et je trouve rien en lien avec des restriction à la couverture pour conduite sur circuit.

Last edited:
Back