Frustrated Man Builds Fence Around Car2go Parked in His Driveway, Demands Fee

Spaceman Spiff

unknvf48p6pctdvoak6y.png

After Seattle property-owner Dan Smith tried unsuccessfully for hours to have a Share Now (formerly car2go) car removed from his property, he took an unconventional approach. He constructed an elaborate barricade around the Mercedez-Benz.

Smith told the Seattle Times that when he noticed someone had parked the vehicle—marked with decals for the ride-share company—in a parking spot belonging to one of his tenants on May 17, he first contacted Share Now and told the company it had two hours to get the car. But Smith reportedly didn’t hear back from the company for six hours.

At that point he told the company he would move the car himself, but, as Smith told the Seattle Times, a Share Now representative said he couldn’t since he’s is not a member.

“I called tow companies. The tow companies said to call the police. The police said call the tow companies,” Smith told Seattle Times.

Fed up with the situation, Smith built a barricade around the car, with signs that read “Private Property” and “Car2Go may not trespass on this property.”

As Smith told local news station Q13 Fox, the situation has since become a business matter. Smith said he was concerned about the liability of Share Now essentially inviting customers onto his property “What if somebody drives into the house? What if somebody gets hurt? “I had no idea what liability nightmare I’d be in for.” he told Q13. “So I only wanted the car to be moved under very controlled situations.”

Smith is reportedly asking for reimbursement—$65 per day for impound fee and a $500 fee for “renter harassment,” according to Seattle Times.

Tim Krebs, a spokesperson for Share Now, told Gizmodo that the company has tried to “work in good faith” with Smith to retrieve the vehicle, but Smith has “rejected” the company’s efforts. Krebs confirmed the vehicle was still on Smith’s property at the time of publishing.

“Share Now will continue to operate on behalf of our customers,” Krebs told Gizmodo. “But we will not allow anyone acting with ulterior motives, including anyone attempting to extort our business by holding our property illegally, to prevent us from providing transportation to the citizens of Seattle. We would like to avoid taking legal action and hope for a quick resolution.”

The Seattle Police did not immediately respond for a Gizmodo request for comment, but a police spokesperson told the Seattle Times that if a car is parked on private property without the owner’s permission, the owner can have it towed.
https://gizmodo.com/car2stay-frustrated-man-builds-fence-around-car2go-par-1835148777

"elaborate barricade" :laugh:

Ha I love it. This reminds me of when that guy with the A4 got his car booted by an HOA, he rolled the car into his garage on rollers then removed the suspension with the boot. Told the boot company to come pick it up

Ha I love it. This reminds me of when that guy with the A4 got his car booted by an HOA, he rolled the car into his garage on rollers then removed the suspension with the boot. Told the boot company to come pick it up

How did that story end?

The rollers are actually a good idea in this case too.

Instead of spending time building a stupid fence and asking for money, slap some rollers on and roll that Merc out of your spot.

Last edited:
The rollers are actually a good idea but in this case too.

Instead of spending time building a stupid fence and asking for money, slap some rollers on and roll that Merc out of your spot.
Pretty much just push it into the street or better idea. Join the ride sharing service and drive the car out

I'd set it on fire and taking them to court for not moving their dangerous car that caught fire.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tu vides les 4 pneus de leur air, bonne chance repartir avec le char!
Et tu attends que le clown qui a stationné là revienne. For the lulz

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Rien ne dit qu’il va revenir

Dépend,

En theorie, ta semi pas le droit de park un car to go dans un driveway.
Si la lumiere est rouge sur le dash, ta la droit parce que tu paye quand elle est parker et tan que tu ne viens pas remettre les clef dans le socket tu continu a payé.
Si la voiture est dispo pour location, ta pas le droit de parker hors du chemain public. Si elle est dispo serieux car 2 go devrait venir la chercher.

Vraiment déplorable comme comportement. Tout ce qui est locatif à court terme, c'est du gros n'importe quoi. Très peu de respect parce que la voiture ne leur appartient pas.

the owner should've just hooked it to a chain and drag it in the middle of the street. fk it if it breaks anything.

Dan Smith is a drama queen..

If this guy's such a Nazi about parking, maybe he should have put proper signage in the parking lot beforehand. Does anyone really think it's reasonable that this guy calls Car2Go and expects them to have it removed within 2 hours? Within a few hours, this guy has the car blocked in and a news crew there. FFS, some people have no life so they just try to make things difficult for others.

Enjoy your 15 seconds of fame you man-child crybaby.

Back