BMW F30 335i Xdrive (PWG) Pure stage 2 + tune requirements

Ask Gregster (Momentum Motorsport) I'm sure he did some maybe he can answer your question about the time installation , I did 3 (including mine) but can't really tell you how much time since I did it when I had spare time at work.The only thing I can Tell you is a xdrive take more time to do vs rwd.

I've never done this job( but have done stock turbos)the tuning side of it. However it's one of those things where you can't hold someone to a specific time constraint. That's my approach, this way there are no broken hearts or finger pointing. It takes the time it takes

Let it takes what it takes but you gotta be realistic. Based on several resources, it shouldn't take more than 7-8 hours and I expect the job to be done with care and professionalism. Money is not an issue when the service is up to its standards. I don't like to rush my mechanics because I want a good job.

That's right ! Sometimes I do side jobs for people but I tell them if your in a hurry go somewhere else. Working in stress to get a job out could cost more . And I don't do that for a living .....so for a real mechanic they must see all sort of thing.

That's right ! Sometimes I do side jobs for people but I tell them if your in a hurry go somewhere else. Working in stress to get a job out could cost more . And I don't do that for a living .....so for a real mechanic they must see all sort of thing.
Yep and that's why I never discuss time, pricing or expectations on the internet. I see where this is going, I'm out of this thread

Haha I know that feeling anyway people should atleast have more in there pocket in case something happen or goes wrong , same for the people that does project it never end with the budget you tought

Vag sont pas mal spot on sur leurs temps estimé. Ca ma jamais couté plus cher que l'estimé. En réalité, 50% du temps ca me coute moins cher que l'estimé.

Je vote pour VAG pour faire la job :p

Pour ceux que ca intéresse, le PS1 sur un turbo PWG équivaut pas mal a la grosseur d'un turbo stock de EWG (2014+). Le PS1 sur un RWD ce change sans enlever le turbo, mais sur un X-drive il y a tellement pas de place qu'il faut enlever le turbo, donc rendu la aussi bien prendre le PS2.

Yep and that's why I never discuss time, pricing or expectations on the internet. I see where this is going, I'm out of this thread

haha.. i can only speak for myself, but trust is important. I drop the keys and call me when its ready. I'v solicited a couple of performance shops (not going to name them) and refused to do the job because they weren't comfortable (lack of experience i guess) and i respect that.

Pour ceux que ca intéresse, le PS1 sur un turbo PWG équivaut pas mal a la grosseur d'un turbo stock de EWG (2014+). Le PS1 sur un RWD ce change sans enlever le turbo, mais sur un X-drive il y a tellement pas de place qu'il faut enlever le turbo, donc rendu la aussi bien prendre le PS2.

I got PS2. I wonder how much power i can get with stock lpfp. I guess i have no choice but to wait and see but i heard people pushing over 500HP with stock fuel system.

Pour le ps1 ca se change sur un xdrive sans etre oubliger d'enlever sauf pour le gossage que ca inclus ca revien quesiment au meme que d'enlever le turbo au complet.

PS2 have been installed + low-pressure fuel pump upgrade.
Currently working on adjusting JB4 + MHD BEF.

Vag is taking care of the programming.

Soo... is it running yet ?

YES ..picked it up from vag last week. Alex from @vagmotorsport did a great job. We kept the JB4 and did MHD BEF. I didn't have the chance to do complete runs yet but the cars pulls so hard, I just need to log few runs to adjust the tune (vag will adjust it). I got up to 20 psi on small runs but i feel like the car can take much more boost.

Guys are running high 12's with stock turbo 330xi. Can't imagine with 100 more horsepower !!

I did 12.6sec with stock turbo and only jb4. Some ppl did high 11 with custom tune and stock turbo. Should I be in the low 11seconds? 😬

I'm unimpressed with the results. The car feels super quick on the street hitting 19-20psi but on the drag, i wasn't able to go over 15-16psi 94 octane.

Back