Thunderstorms Thread

If you're driving on the highway under the limit, that seems like a good reason to have them on. There's always someone doing 120 in white out rain.

You can use the Hazards BRIEFLY when the traffic slows way down or if visibility is ZERO like we've had last winter with a few snow squalls.

If it's raining hard and you're still moving do not use them as they will hide your turn signals and can be more dangerous than anything else - they can also "trigger" traffic behind you making them brake to a stop (remember, hazards are supposed to be used if your car is disabled and STOPPED or traveling at an unexpectedly slow speed) as they expect a stopped vehicle there.

C'est tu confirmé la tornade à St-Roch? Car avec les images qu'on voit, j'ai davantage l'impression que c'était des bonnes micro-rafales, pas une tornade.

Les poteaux sont toutes penchés du même bord et il n'y a pas de débris de pognés dans les fils électriques, rien.

Je me trompe peut-être.
Confirmé

https://lp.ca/xBvsmu

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

^^this bum is mad because people turn on their hazard during shit weather?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I am also

Hazards are when you are stopped or in the ditch, not when you are on the road just going slow.

There are front and rear fog lights for that.

I never understand hazards when it's just snow or rain as long as you're moving

How is it dangerous in any way?

It is dangerous.

They should be used when in the ditch, stopped, or when there is a HAZARD like hard braking to a stop because of something.

Driving very slow on poor visibility is normal behavior so you should just have your lights on and move slowly.

I can't believe we have to explain this on a car forum.

I understand the use of hazard light but i can tell you i appreciated a lot people with hazard lights on on the highway last year during crazy snow storm, it made them shitload more visible than people who didn't

I understand the use of hazard light but i can tell you i appreciated a lot people with hazard lights on on the highway last year during crazy snow storm, it made them shitload more visible than people who didn't

That's because rear foglights aren't "usual" in American spec cars. Only ones I can think of that have some are Volvo and Audi. AFAIK no American, Japanese or Korean cars have them.

Wait I think BMW/Mini have them as option.

That's because rear foglights aren't "usual" in American spec cars. Only ones I can think of that have some are Volvo and Audi. AFAIK no American, Japanese or Korean cars have them.

Wait I think BMW/Mini have them as option.
All Euro cars have them, Mercedes etc.

Better no rear fog that hazards IMO

Unless you're a retard with tinted taillights

20 cars in a line up all on hazards all doing 60-80kmh but no parking light/position lights? No emergency no need for them. It wasn't white out rain but there was some accumulation of water on the 132, I was actually 90-100 in the fast lane.

Hazards are good when there is a hazard but no hazard no need.

Qui a reçu l’alerte Tornade?

En tout cas, les gens en Outaouais, ça risque de pèter
La semaine passée on as eux de la grêle ici vraiment forte pis ça tout péter mon top de gazebo en plastique

Plein de petit trou partout.
J'imagine pas avec une tornade lol
5be1dc57f7e4409691903ad1a84e9a75.jpg
eda643e9759545563aaa4cce3911419f.jpg

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

Qui a reçu l’alerte Tornade?

En tout cas, les gens en Outaouais, ça risque de pèter

J'ai eu une alerte pour mon chalet au Vermont, ça longeait les ligne de Ny et VT, pas eu d'echo sur des dégats. j'ai 20 km d'eau vis a vis mon chalet, ça devait brasser. c'était probablement le même système

Pas eu grand chose ici.

couple eclairs/tonnerre, mouiller ''fort'' pendant 10-15 minute.

La bouche egout autre coté du boulevard a été capable de fournir (d'habitude sa overflow quand il mouille pas mal)

Back