Ebay charge la taxe maintenant?!?!

espritv8

Je commande souvent de ebay.com ( et non ebay.ca) et ship a freeport.

D'habitude a moins que le vendeur soit de l'état du New York, on paye jamais de taxes. Je le paye évidement au douanes Canadiennes.

Mais la depuis deux semaines environ, peut importe l'état d'origine du vendeur, j'ai des taxes AMÉRICAINES a payer...

Je crois qu'il faudrait demander une remboursement pour chaque transaction (dans chaque état), mais c'est du gossage et je suis pas sur du résultat.

Est-ce que ça serait possible demander a ebay de m'exempter de taxes? Avez vous trouvé une autre façon de l'éviter?

You complain too much

If that seller or such has a presence in NY state you pay the sales tax regardless.

You complain too much

If that seller or such has a presence in NY state you pay the sales tax regardless.
Amazon also started charging taxes and used to not charge. I guess eBay started too?

But when you buy from an Amazon vendor then no tax, but the returns and service are much shittier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Amazon also started charging taxes and used to not charge. I guess eBay started too?

But when you buy from an Amazon vendor then no tax, but the returns and service are much shittier.

What do you mean ''started charging taxes''....Amazon is so huge they have been charging taxes always. This is not some ebay seller that decides to charge taxes or not...

Amazon amazon I was always taxed both taxes. Sellers wtv they decide hit or miss, seller fullfilled by amazon wtv they decide too.

What do you mean ''started charging taxes''....Amazon is so huge they have been charging taxes always. This is not some ebay seller that decides to charge taxes or not...

Amazon amazon I was always taxed both taxes. Sellers wtv they decide hit or miss, seller fullfilled by amazon wtv they decide too.

Amazon.com was not charging taxes untill April 2017 (except in 5 states)

Now it does in every single state except the ones that have no taxes of course like New Hampshire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_tax

When you buy from a 3rd party even FBA a lot of times it doesn't have taxes if you're not in the same state as the seller. This changed a lot my buying behavior now as I order less from Amazon and more directly.

For those who didn't get it in french... Ebay (not the seller) charges taxes now on sales even if your shipping address is out of the vendor's state.

Looking to avoid to pay this. We already have to pay taxes upon import. don't want to be taxed twice.

For those who didn't get it in french... Ebay (not the seller) charges taxes now on sales even if your shipping address is out of the vendor's state.

Looking to avoid to pay this. We already have to pay taxes upon import. don't want to be taxed twice.
Buy direct from the seller, I've done so on large purchases.

Back