Manitoba man gets 5years after defending his life & killing intruder

you break into someone's home while he's there and you're first reaction is not to get the fuck out, in my book than everything goes, nature mode "on" and survival of the fittest/smartest enters into play that's it, that's life

"The Crown asserted that Bunn was welcome in the house where the attack occurred, based on testimony by Pratt's mother-in-law, who owned the home. "... Ça vous prends quoi de plus pour comprendre que c'est pas un cas de home invasion classique ?

you break into someone's home while he's there and you're first reaction is not to get the fuck out, in my book than everything goes, nature mode "on" and survival of the fittest/smartest enters into play that's it, that's life

Having been in this situation, I basically terminator charged him naked with a katana in my hand. I had no idea why he was in my apartment, bit my wife was terrified and I wasn't having it. He jumped out the window and ran, but I was do or die.

"The Crown asserted that Bunn was welcome in the house where the attack occurred, based on testimony by Pratt's mother-in-law, who owned the home. "... Ça vous prends quoi de plus pour comprendre que c'est pas un cas de home invasion classique ?

Le monde lisent juste les titres des threads et arrêtent là.

2 viols et 1 attaque à l'arme blanche c'est cmb de temps alors?
Ça dépend si tu es amérindien ou blanc.

J'ai généralement confiance au système judiciaire mais quand il y a des autochtones dans l'histoire je doute parfois, surtout depuis l'affaire Boushie où le fermier a été acquitté.

Hier je regardais la série Blackstone à CBC, je ne savais pas qu'on avait ce genre de show (drama dans une réserve). C'est un peu poche mais quand même intéressant pour le côté culturel (genre le chef de bande semble dispatcher les maisons selon les besoins de sa communauté) et mieux connaître les problèmes récurrents qu'ils ont (alcool, garde d'enfants, criminalité, etc.)

Last edited:
One sided story, on ne connaîtra jamais toutes les circonstances.

2 viols et 1 attaque à l'arme blanche c'est cmb de temps alors?

Avec ou sans Gladue factor?

L'intro par effraction dans une maison est passible d'emprisonnement a vie. Y'as pas de peine minimale.

Anyways, c'est une perte de temps d'essayer de spitballer des peines. Chaque situation est différente.

De transposer cette situation a votre vie vs le contexte de deux personnes probablement dysfunctionelles dans un conflit ouvert qui se passe sur une réserve ça ne tient pas la route.

T'as le fait que le dude ait mentit a la police a propos de l'arme (pas pire big deal) , qu'il ait poursuivit l'individu en dehors de la résidence (le stabbing est sur le patio) et qu'il ait continuer de kicker le corps suite au décès n'as pas aider le dude dans sa cause.

One sided story, on ne connaîtra jamais toutes les circonstances.

non justement... on les connait les circonstances, mais on préfère les ignorés et les garder dans des camps de concentration subventionné. Ça prend une réforme dans les réserves.

J'aurais de la misère à mieux dire que SP, quoique cité hors contexte, les paroles sont pas mal spot on.

non justement... on les connait les circonstances, mais on préfère les ignorés et les garder dans des camps de concentration subventionné. Ça prend une réforme dans les réserves.

J'aurais de la misère à mieux dire que SP, quoique cité hors contexte, les paroles sont pas mal spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Mrdox_uU4

On connait certaines circonstances, pas toutes. Et tout le monde sait qu'il y a un problème avec les réserves mais ça ne fait pas gagner des élections... Il n'y a pas de solution facile non plus, les autochtones sont déjà libres de sortir de leur réserve et vivre où ils veulent.

On connait certaines circonstances, pas toutes. Et tout le monde sait qu'il y a un problème avec les réserves mais ça ne fait pas gagner des élections... Il n'y a pas de solution facile non plus, les autochtones sont déjà libres de sortir de leur réserve et vivre où ils veulent.

Pas besoin de connaitre tous les circonstances pour comprendre la situation. En 1 mot: actuariat. mais appliquer d'une façon plus humaine...

This is why Canada needs a "Castle law" - your house is your castle and if someone breaks in, they are more or less free game.

Can you imagine you're chilling at home or sleeping and someone is in your house? when you're with your gf/wife or kids? I will assume the worst and act accordingly.
You don't break someone's sactuary and expect to go home in 1 piece.

It wasn't his home, he was just staying there. The guy that stabbed him in the head was also welcome in the house but was not living/sleeping there. These people are most likely living in squalor, and the place likely has the sense of a flop house. Various people with varying levels of acquaintance under the influence of various chemicals coming and going at all hours.

After reading the story when he was sentenced in April, my feeling was that he definitely went too far. We also have to take his word for it that he was stabbed first, and while sleeping. This is a lot like Varg Vikerne's murder case, he claimed he was fighting for his own life but he basically chased the guy down after delivering critical wounds, and plunged the knife into Euronymous' skull for the deathblow... Self defense ends when you've secured you own safety to the point where you can contact law enforcement. On the flipside, we don't really know what happened that night. Maybe he truly tried to flee after being stabbed in the head, and had no other choice but to struggle with the guy on the balcony and end up delivering a fatal blow. He "stabbed" him 13 times, but most of those could be small cuts or stabs that were inflicted during a struggle. We don't really know.. The jury was presented with the evidence and this is what they thought was fair.

This is very different than the Colten Boushie killing in which the killer was acquitted, rightfully in my opinion. Though that was likely only because the gun's discharge was claimed to be accidental. If he was charged with manslaughter the verdict may have been different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Colten_Boushie

Boushie was a resident of the Cree Red Pheasant First Nation. After getting a flat tire, he and four friends had driven to a farmhouse near Biggar, Saskatchewan, owned by Gerald Stanley. They had been drinking and had earlier tried to break into a truck at another farm. One of the group tried to start an ATV on the property and their SUV crashed into one of Stanley’s cars. Stanley reacted by retrieving a handgun from his shed and firing two warning shots into the air to scare the group off his property. He then approached the SUV, with Boushie sleeping in the driver's seat, Stanley claimed at this point that he reached in to turn off the ignition when his gun discharged. Boushie was shot in the neck just below the ear and died instantly. Stanley's defence claimed the shot was an accident and that a third round loaded into the magazine was fired, yet failed to detonate, precipitating a hang fire.[2] Stanley was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. A jury acquitted him on February 9, 2018.

on préfère les ignorés et les garder dans des camps de concentration subventionné. Ça prend une réforme dans les réserves.

Les indiens sont pas forcés de rester dans une réserve. Ils doivent y être pour avoir leur statut d'enfant privilégié de la Reine par contre. Ça fait que la plupart préfèrent y rester pour garder leurs droits d'ancêtres (quelle injustice) et n'ont rien à faire de leur journées. Ils font donc du trouble et c'est normal dans les circonstances.

Ça a eu du bon les réserves pour que les blancs aient la paix et que les indiens aient l'illusion de rester dans leur mode de vie ancestral (avec les skidoos et tout la).

Le système en entier doit être baoli et revu. On en aurait pour 30 ans...

The problem is there is no evidence that the original attacker continued fighting after being stabbed 12 times.

Short of being on enough meth, no one is fighting back after being stabbed 12 times. Your muscles are literally being cut apart.

Je croyais c'était plus le PCP qui aurait fait ce genre de chose là

Anyone see the movie "Us" (2019) ?

At the beginning of the "action" when the dad goes out to confront the "red" family with an aluminium bat (poor choice - I'd have used a hockey stick for better spearing) and the "red" dad runs at him, the "normal" father retreats back into the house.

IMHO that was a tactical mistake.

Someone comes at me unarmed and I have an aluminium bat I wouldn't retreat and you can bet your ass that he'll taste aluminium for a long time.

Anyone see the movie "Us" (2019) ?

At the beginning of the "action" when the dad goes out to confront the "red" family with an aluminium bat (poor choice - I'd have used a hockey stick for better spearing) and the "red" dad runs at him, the "normal" father retreats back into the house.

IMHO that was a tactical mistake.

Someone comes at me unarmed and I have an aluminium bat I wouldn't retreat and you can bet your ass that he'll taste aluminium for a long time.

No but I want to. I like Jordan Peele and loved Get Out.

Back