** Official 2019-2020 Montreal Canadiens Thread **

Blues were last at this time last year, and they added O'Reilly. habs added Kovalchuk (they don't need a 1st line centre since they're not dead last). I guess they need to start planning the parade.
Wrong. O'Reilly was traded on July 1st 2018, not when the Blues were last at this time last year.

Semin
Hemsky
Briere to some extent.
this smelled like a BargainBin project from day 1. Several people here called it.

But Kovalchuk + Scandella months before the TDL says that Bergie is feeling the heat. he knows this team is not playoff bound, and he was likely told that it has to make it. now he's trying to see whether he can add some players and maybe be a buyer at the TDL, because as it stands he's a big time seller.

Blues were last at this time last year, and they added O'Reilly. habs added Kovalchuk (they don't need a 1st line centre since they're not dead last). I guess they need to start planning the parade.

Aaand this is why we can't have nice things here in Montreal lol.

Anyway, comparer le CH avec les Blues... On s'entend que les blues avaient pas d'affaire à connaître un aussi mauvais début de saison l'an passé.

Les Blues me font surtout penser aux Capitals: Une bonne équipe qui finit par débloquer après avoir déçu pendant des années.

ca sent la panique depuis 2 jours ... on dirait que bergevin veut sauver sa job en tentant des échanges

on va chercher scandella qui n'est plus du tout ce qu'il etait quand il etait au minnesota .. et la kovalchuk qui n'était pas capable de suivre le rythme avec les kings ... je ne sais pas si vous avez vu l'équipe des kings mais ca fait pitié solidement ... mais kovalchuk n'était meme plus assez bon pour eux ...

l'erreur a été comise l'an passé ... bergevin croit qu'il a un club pour faire les séries ... ben noooooooooooooonnnnn ... il l'a encore dit aujourdhui en conférence de presse ... selon lui sans les blessés on serait dans les playoff .....

cest ca l'erreur ... le 3/4 de l'équipe de l'an passé a joué a 150% de leur talents .... ca fait que cette année cest tres difficile a reproduire ....

la on se bat avec tampa bay qui a 6 pts d'avances avec 2 match en main encore ...

ya absolument aucun push a faire a aller chercher un kovalchuk la ... faut laissé aller la dégringolade pis esperer avoir le premier choix au draft ...

un peu comme ca aurait du etre l'an passé qui a été une saison d'illusion

Cest sur que dans un monde idéal ça serait ça. Mais regarde les mongoles à tv et sur les media sociaux réagir à un embauche aussi anodin que Kovalchuk. Pense tu sérieusement que le CH peut se permettre ça.

Sans compter que c'est pas une recette assuré non plus les ventes de feux.

On parle justement des Blues, je me souviens pas les avoir vue faire une vente de feux pour arriver à se bâtir l'équipe qu'ils ont en main maintenant.
Tranquillement pas vite avec leur choix au repêchage et quelques ajout. Exactement ce que MB est entrein de faire présentement.

Uhhh except the Blues drafted and developped Binnington, Tarasenko, Parayko, Schwartz, and Pietrangelo which contributed to them winning a cup. We have a boat anchored goaltender with a $10.5 cap hit and an 8th round draft pick that we expect to emotionally lead the team and score 35 goals crashing the net each night. Not quite apples to apples, but hey Bergevin has a plan and its injuries that are ruining his day.

I might start watching again due to Kovy, if he shows up.

Why he does not go back to Russia tho, I am sure plenty of teams will pay him 5 times more....?

I might start watching again due to Kovy, if he shows up.

Why he does not go back to Russia tho, I am sure plenty of teams will pay him 5 times more....?

He made 6+ million with the kings this year which he got paid since they bought him out....which is why he didnt care signing for the minimim for the rest of the year. Also NHL > KHL

Lots of teams with bigger injuries making due and still remaining relevant. Columbus loses their 2 time vezina goalie, Panarin, and Duchene to other teams in the off season, have roughly 50% more man games lost to injury than the Canadiens, and somehow have more points than us. Boston and Pittsburgh have close to twice as many man games lost as the Canadiens.

49325418626_ea323c7a11_z.jpg

Lol développer Binnington yeah right.

Rapelle moi dont où se situais les performances des Blues pendant qu'il "développait" leur joueurs. Ils gagnaient clairement pas des coupes Stanley...

You're the one that said that Bergevin is doing exactly like the Blues and building slowly. Can you name me one player that was drafted under Bergevin in the last 7.5 years that would rival any of the player's I've listed from the Blues that helped them win the cup?

La t'es entrein de me vendre Jayden Schwartz comme étant une vedette de la nhl? Le gars a fait 36 points l'an passer, sa meilleur saison à vie est de 63 points et après 07 ans dans ligue il va pt finir cette année par faire 70 points. Une chance qu'on a pas drafter Schwartz à Mtl ça fait longtemps t'aurais voulue le fusiller. Je dirais donc Kotkaniemi qui même si connais une saison pénible cette année va finir meilleur que Schwartz.

I don't believe I ever called Schwartz a star. The only thing I ever said was that he's a self groomed piece of their cup winning strategy. If as you claim Bergevin is employing the same strategy, then in 7.5 years of slowly building a cup contender surely there must be pieces in place that support what you are saying... and I'm asking you to list them. Ultimately my point is that there isn't a single player drafted under his watch as GM that anyone in the NHL would consider as a cup winning piece of any significance. And day after day Molson continues to give this GM rope. It's enough already. The guy is a mega dud.

I don't believe I ever called Schwartz a star. The only thing I ever said was that he's a self groomed piece of their cup winning strategy. If as you claim Bergevin is employing the same strategy, then in 7.5 years of slowly building a cup contender surely there must be pieces in place that support what you are saying... and I'm asking you to list them. Ultimately my point is that there isn't a single player drafted under his watch as GM that anyone in the NHL would consider as a cup winning piece of any significance. And day after day Molson continues to give this GM rope. It's enough already. The guy is a mega dud.

The GM of the blues was hired in 2010.
They won in 2019.

Took him 9 years...and in december of last year, nobody saw them as a cup contender. Were you shitting on his head 2 years ago?

Alors,

N’est-ce pas le temps d’augmenter le temps de glace de KK et Poelhing?....

Claude Julien gardait Tyler Séguin à l'aile gauche sur le 4ième trio parce que "something something devenir meilleur sans la rondelle".

Let that sink in.

The GM of the blues was hired in 2010.
They won in 2019.

Took him 9 years...and in december of last year, nobody saw them as a cup contender. Were you shitting on his head 2 years ago?

I wonder if in 2020 people can pocket their online ADHD and at least stay on point with the post they are quoting and replying to.

We are talking about building a cup contending team through draft picks and internal player development. The Blues are being used as the example for this exercise. With the exception of Binnington, all of the before mentioned players were in place well into the early years of Armstrong's tenure. Why would I be shitting on his head two years ago when his development and drafting was bearing legitimate NHL talent. This is the point....... like short of breaking MS Paint out and building a venn diagram I'm unsure how I can make this any more clear for you.

Back