** Official 2019-2020 Montreal Canadiens Thread **

I wonder if in 2020 people can pocket their online ADHD and at least stay on point with the post they are quoting and replying to.

We are talking about building a cup contending team through draft picks and internal player development. The Blues are being used as the example for this exercise. With the exception of Binnington, all of the before mentioned players were in place well into the early years of Armstrong's tenure. Why would I be shitting on his head two years ago when his development and drafting was bearing legitimate NHL talent. This is the point....... like short of breaking MS Paint out and building a venn diagram I'm unsure how I can make this any more clear for you.

"We are talking about building a cup contending team through draft picks and internal player development."

Look at our bank of prospects.... if you are not satisfied, then there is nothing anyone can do to satisfy you.

Tant que le CH ne gagne pas la coupe, le monde vont bitcher et chialer sur n'importe qui/n'importe quoi.

Le jour qu'ils en gagneront une, y vont dire c'etait de la chance.

Si le CH gagne la coupe un an apres que Bergevin se fait mettre dehors, y vont crier haut et fort que c'est ce qu'il fallait lol (parce que les annees de constructions d'avant ne comptent plus...).

Si tu reste optimiste pour le future, tu portes des lunettes roses.

Et quand je dis qu'il bâti tranquillement son équipe, ça inclus pas seulement le draft.

J'aime : Suzuki, Kotkanieni, Phoeling, Fleury quand on parle de jeune qui, sans toute être des futur all star, renforce notre relève.

J'aime qu'on ai 13 choix au prochain draft dont 4 dans les 3 premiers round

Every team's GM gets to draft player at the annual lottery draft. And guess what, when it's his turn at the mic he stands up and calls out a name like every other team. Good for him.

The point is you are talking as if it's year 1-2 of his tenure. The #1 organizational need when he became the GM of the Montreal Canadiens was to get us a #1 center. 8 years later we are no closer to that. On this point, would you say he's done well?

When he inherited the team, he had Plekanec, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Subban, Markov, and Price as the core. Answer me this- Would you say the team core is better today after almost 8 years under his direction compared to what he inherited?

In 2012 Bergevin had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. This is what he did with them:

Rd. NAME
1 Alex Galchenyuk
2 Sebastian Collberg
2 Dalton Thrower
3 Tim Bozon

In 2013 Bergevin had 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. This is what he did with them:

Rd. NAME
1 Michael McCarron
2 Jacob De La Rose
2 Zachary Fucale
2 Artturi Lehkonen
3 Connor Crisp
3 Sven Andrighetto

In 2017 Bergevin had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. This is what he did with them:

Rd. NAME
1 Ryan Poehling
2 Josh Brook
2 Joni Ikonen
3 Scott Walford
3 Cale Fleury

And it goes on and on and on. After after all this you are telling me you are looking forward to see MB draft 4 picks in the first 3 rounds? At what point do you tell him that what's happening here is unacceptable? How many more years do you want to give him at this burn rate and lack of development?

And as for prospects you are excited for right now... I guess you weren't excited for Galchenyuk, or Beaulieu, or McCaron, or Scherbak, or Juulsen back in the day huh? Cause we all know how well they developed under MB.

It sounds like you guys have the team you want and deserve. Enjoy it I guess.

It sounds like you guys have the team you want and deserve. Enjoy it I guess.

No we're just not butthurt about it like some people are lol.
Some people feel entitled and get mad when they lose as if they lose anything personally or if the team owes them anything...

It's a league with 31 teams, salary caps, alot of competition and some of it is based on luck. There is no exact science that will deliver you the cup... you can have the best GM/Coach/team in place but it still wont guarantee you the cup because anything can happen in playoffs (blues...lightning...).

Manne t'es de mauvaise foi. Tu me parle de repêchage et de développement, je te sort des noms, le post d'après tu me dis que bravo tous les GM vont repêcher...

Ta été voir les joueurs qui on été drafter après ceux que tu viens de nommer voir si il y avait du talents que MB aurait rater au dépistage?

Repêchage 2012
- Galchenyuk est le deuxième joueurs avec le plus de points du premier round (dérrière Fillip Forsberg) Donc c'est de la faute de tous les GM de la ligue et de leur équipe de développement si les joueurs on rien fait cette année la (clairement pas une année haute niveau talent offensif...)
- La deuxième ronde à pas été mieux dans l'ensemble
- Tim Bozon se tappe une méningite. Shit happen...

Repêchage 2013
- Michael McCarron 25 ième choix : Shea Theodore qui aurait pu être mieux
- De La Rose : encore la pas vraiment rien de ''WOW'' comme talent après
- Fucale : Stun bust ya pas de doute
- Lekhonen : fait parti des meilleurs de la ronde

Pour 2017 un peu trop tôt pour une analyse.

Dans son core présentement il y a Price, Weber, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin et Danault. Donc oui je pense que sont core est égal sinon mieux

Pis dans tout ça tu prend 0 en considération qu'en :

2012-13 le Ch à finis deuxième dans sa conférence et 4e overall

13-14 : 4e dans conférence 9e overall et que l'équipe c'est rendu jusqu'à la troisième ronde des séries

14-15 2e conférence et overall et deuxième ronde des séries

16-17 4e conférence et 7e overall

Fake la je suis entrein de me demandé qu'est ce que selon toi ça prend?

La ligue est tellement à parité y'a pas de magie.

PS : Juulsen à 22 ans je vois pas pourquoi on pourrait pas être encore excité par son potentiel.

Do you know why I singled out the years I did in my post? 2012, 2013 and 2017? Because you said you were excited about the prospect of having MB draft 4 players in the first 3 rounds this year. And what leads you to have faith in MB's ability to successfully draft NHL capable players?? I would be happy to list every player that MB has ever drafted and we can go over them one by one, but the faster way to get an answer was for me to ask who MB has drafted in the last 7.5 years that anyone would qualify as a legitimate NHL asset.... and you gave one name. A single name who can't crack the top 6 forwards on a completely injury riddled team and who has 7 points in 26 games. But I'm sure he's destined for 50 points as you claim playing on the third line playing 10-12 mins a game.

The GM of the blues was hired in 2010.
They won in 2019.

Took him 9 years...and in december of last year, nobody saw them as a cup contender. Were you shitting on his head 2 years ago?
Tu donnes St-Louis comme exemple? regardons de plus près.
Il y a 5 GM qui sont en place depuis plus longtemps que Bergevin. 24 autres ont été renvoyés depuis son arrivée, dont certains qui ont gagné la coupe depuis 2012. 80% des équipes ne comprennent pas le concept que t'essaies de nous expliquer. Tu es en train de revolutionner la ligue.

St-Louis a manqué les séries 1 fois avec le DG actuel. le CH? 3 fois (1 fois balayé en première ronde, et 1 autre s'en vient à grands pas). La dernière fois que le CH a gagné une série sous Bergevin était en 2015, quand le coeur de l'équipe était formé de joueurs repêchés par le CH avant l'arrivée de Bergevin: Pacioretty, Markov, Subban, Plekanec, Price. Lentement, Bergevin a façoné l'équipe à son image. Le seul de ce groupe encore là est Price. le reste sont les joueurs de Bergevin. L'équipe ne fait pas les séries depuis qu'il a eu sufisamment de temps pour la changer.

Bergevin égale un record: 4 fois en 5 ans sans séries (et la seule fois rendu là, balayé en 1ère ronde). Dernière fois que c'est arrive: 1999-2003, mais en 2002 ils avaient gagné 1 ronde. Si on lui donne un autre 5 ans, on aura la chance d'établir un record qui ne sera plus jamais atteint par cette équipe. On sait comment c'est difficile d'écrire des nouveaux records de ces temps-ci, donc c'est une chance de vivre un moment historique.

Tu donnes St-Louis comme exemple? regardons de plus près.
Il y a 5 GM qui sont en place depuis plus longtemps que Bergevin. 24 autres ont été renvoyés depuis son arrivée, dont certains qui ont gagné la coupe depuis 2012. 80% des équipes ne comprennent pas le concept que t'essaies de nous expliquer. Tu es en train de revolutionner la ligue.

St-Louis a manqué les séries 1 fois avec le DG actuel. le CH? 3 fois (1 fois balayé en première ronde, et 1 autre s'en vient à grands pas). La dernière fois que le CH a gagné une série sous Bergevin était en 2015, quand le coeur de l'équipe était formé de joueurs repêchés par le CH avant l'arrivée de Bergevin: Pacioretty, Markov, Subban, Plekanec, Price. Lentement, Bergevin a façoné l'équipe à son image. Le seul de ce groupe encore là est Price. le reste sont les joueurs de Bergevin. L'équipe ne fait pas les séries depuis qu'il a eu sufisamment de temps pour la changer.

Bergevin égale un record: 4 fois en 5 ans sans séries (et la seule fois rendu là, balayé en 1ère ronde). Dernière fois que c'est arrive: 1999-2003, mais en 2002 ils avaient gagné 1 ronde. Si on lui donne un autre 5 ans, on aura la chance d'établir un record qui ne sera plus jamais atteint par cette équipe. On sait comment c'est difficile d'écrire des nouveaux records de ces temps-ci, donc c'est une chance de vivre un moment historique.

Il y en a 6 pas 5, mais bon, who cares.

De tout le monde qui a ete changé, seul 2 ont réussi à gagner une coupe stanley. Es-tu pret a dire qu'en le si peu de temps qu'ils ont eu, c'est grace a ce GM magicien qu'ils ont gagnés ou bien grace a l'equipe sur la glace qui etait fort probablement deja en place avant son arrivé ?

Changer de GM ne fera pas de magie. Il faut etre fou pour ne pas admettre que Bergevin a améliorer l'equipe via les transactions (qu'il en sort souvent gagnant) et les repechages recents. Et les repechages encore la c'est un flip of the coin a moins d'avoir le #1 pick.

Je me souviens quand Therrien etait la et l'equipe gagnait pas....ca criait haut et fort de changer de coach..meme chose avant le coach d'avant....meme chose avec le coach d'avant...(see the pattern)....on voit que c'est winner ce move la!

je m'excuse. 23 sur 30, soit 76,6%

Therrien n'est pas le DG. Il est embauché par le DG. Si le DG est imcompetent, il n'embauchera pas le bon coach. si tu as besoin de tirer une remorque de 15,000 lbs et tu achètes une lamborghini, c'est clair que ça fait pas la job.

si changer de DG ne change rien, pourquoi Bergevin est rendu là? le DG devrait être nommé à vie.

Bon but, Price etait hors position anyways et n'aurait pas arreter le puck avec ou sans contact.

Qu'il soit en position ou non ne change rien. Il etait dans le demi-cercle + il y a eu contact = selon le reglement le but doit etre refusé.

this is a goal 10 times out of 10. player goes to the net and takes a shot then goes to the side of the net, not into the goalie. The contact is incidental as he tries to get out of the way. they reject goals when there's a player in front of the net trying to screen the goalie and runs into him. the player with the puck or fighting for a loose puck has a lot more liberty.

this is a goal 10 times out of 10. player goes to the net and takes a shot then goes to the side of the net, not into the goalie. The contact is incidental as he tries to get out of the way. they reject goals when there's a player in front of the net trying to screen the goalie and runs into him. the player with the puck or fighting for a loose puck has a lot more liberty.

that's funny... incidental or not, contact is contact. The only time they ignore it is if the goalie's own player pushes him.

Heck even Stephane Auger, retired ref, was saying the goal was going to be refused. I think he has more experience then all of us combined.

And trust me there was nothing incidental about that....that's an old player's trick to pull the pad with his skate...

Rule 78: If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Since you say there was contact (incidental according to you), then how can it be a goal 10 out of 10 times?

he made an effort to get out of the goalie's face but the goalie's pad sticks out.
if he hits the skate, no goal. if you wear gear like jocelyn thibault... the pad extension at the top does nothing. not even sure why it's allowed. it's like wearing a mohawk on the helmet, but if someone touches it with a stick, high sticking penalty. maybe a goalie can enlighten me.

he made an effort to get out of the goalie's face but the goalie's pad sticks out.
if he hits the skate, no goal. if you wear gear like jocelyn thibault... the pad extension at the top does nothing. not even sure why it's allowed. it's like wearing a mohawk on the helmet, but if someone touches it with a stick, high sticking penalty. maybe a goalie can enlighten me.

So now it's the gear's fault lol

did you watch the replay or are you just pasting stuff from somewhere else

Did you?

Do you not see the skate pulling on the pad? I do.

It's funny you argue because you said yourself the contact was incidental....which means you admit there was contact... So why doesn't the rule apply?

here's your contact.
Capture.JPG
I'm sure jocelyn thibault is enraged somewhere, but everyone else is ok with it. you can see where the equipment sticks out, right? the player is moving in a direction that is parallel to the net. at this point the goalie is impeding the player, not the player impeding the goalie.

Back