We need more speed enforcement on city streets

Gregster

Legacy Member
I would be in favor. People are driving way too fast in areas that have a high concentration of pedestrian traffic and then not evening bothering to stop at stop signs or lights. 70-80kph down St Patrick near Atwater market is a bit insane or driving that down along the water in Lasalle... Better yet leaving breakfast today on St Viateur, both... someone speeding and not being able to stop in time for someone crossing the street. These are just some examples of excessive speed in areas that can't support them. I would totally be in favor of more speed cameras or red light cams. I once thought the lowering of limits was laughable in my younger years but the last little while I see just how clogged up the streets are most of the time, so having higher limits won't improve travel time.. However it would make a safer environment for people not in cars.

I do enjoy the uber driver or cab driver passing illegally and blowing a stop sign only to get insta-karma by a cop :)

Ban? Lol jk

Why are you such a grumpy old fart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. Speed limits in the city are already crazy restrictive, the pedestrian mentality needs to change. People walk on the road like it’s their house and shove their right of way on metal boxes that weigh over a ton. Our entire road system is based on pointing fingers to blame one group of people responsible for all the bad.

Maybe teach kids in high school how to be proper pedestrians as well as immigrants who have a different road culture. Make everyone aware of each other’s responsibility on the road.

Je crois que ces plus au piéton de faire attention.

Dans ton exemple, le gars roulais a xx vitesses et tu dis qu'il a presque pas eu le temps d'arrêter pour laisser passé le piéton. Le piéton y fesait quoi dans rue quand c'étais pas a sont tour de passé?

#banlespietonamtl

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

If we ticket the jay walkers and the cyclists that do not obey traffic signs- the cars will not appear to be going as fast.
road condition and bixi bullshit have slowed the pace down to a crawl - at least from my perspective on the plateau.

Tell that to the cyclists lane splitting on St-Antoine like the whole universe belongs to him when there are accessible bike paths a few meters from him;
Tell that to the Taxi talking to mami looking at his dash mounted iPad while making a left turn;
Tell that to the bozo in his communauto brake hanging on the highway slope,
Tell that to the average banlieu chauffage looking at his iPhone when changing lanes and burning reds;
Tell that to the impatient local simply ripping it because he can and doesn't believe in yellow lights and turn signals;
Tell that to the jaywalker thinking he has priority everywhere because he's from France and he thinks he has priority at every intersections;
Tell that to the average wealthfare consumer on his electric bike simply going forward ignoring the whole universe around him;
Tell that to straight piped Harley bro making helluva wide turns with his 35k bike and 50$ helmet with a matching wife beater;

No we don't need lower speed limits, we need road education.

C'est dans la facon de le faire.

A Sherbrooke tu as jamais de policier dans les zones scolaires ou encore dans des endroits a haut risque.

Parcontre toute les speed trap, les boulevard a 50 que ca roulerait sans probleme a 90, les changement de vitesse, les cotes que le monde se laisse descendre. Les vieux criss de policier solitaire en char fantome sont tjs au poste a ces endroits la.

Tell that to the cyclists lane splitting on St-Antoine like the whole universe belongs to him when there are accessible bike paths a few meters from him;
Tell that to the Taxi talking to mami looking at his dash mounted iPad while making a left turn;
Tell that to the bozo in his communauto brake hanging on the highway slope,
Tell that to the average banlieu chauffage looking at his iPhone when changing lanes and burning reds;
Tell that to the impatient local simply ripping it because he can and doesn't believe in yellow lights and turn signals;
Tell that to the jaywalker thinking he has priority everywhere because he's from France and he thinks he has priority at every intersections;
Tell that to the average wealthfare consumer on his electric bike simply going forward ignoring the whole universe around him;
Tell that to straight piped Harley bro making helluva wide turns with his 35k bike and 50$ helmet with a matching wife beater;

No we don't need lower speed limits, we need road education.

Exactement. Ya a peu pres personne qui respecte quoi que ce soit ajd. Les gens font ce qu'ils veulent et s'en crisse raide. Les gens ne regardent pas et ne pensent pas a ce qu'ils font, aujourdhui plus personne n'est concentré sur le moment présent. C'est l'ère du tantot je dois ci je dois ca. Tout le monde est dans le futur, dans leur tete pendant qu'ils conduisent, marchent, cyclent.

We need better enforcement on pedestrian crossings. There are a couple of problematic ones in my neighbourhood and every time I use them now I have to force myself on the street or else I’ll never cross.

You can start crossing in front of a car that is 40ish foot from you and the driver will swerve around you instead of braking. He had the time to stop, but he didn’t give a fuck.

Exactement. Ya a peu pres personne qui respecte quoi que ce soit ajd. Les gens font ce qu'ils veulent et s'en crisse raide. Les gens ne regardent pas et ne pensent pas a ce qu'ils font, aujourdhui plus personne n'est concentré sur le moment présent. C'est l'ère du tantot je dois ci je dois ca. Tout le monde est dans le futur, dans leur tete pendant qu'ils conduisent, marchent, cyclent.

Honêtement je suis bien heureux de faire de la motocyclette pour me rendre au travail au quotidien, mais à tout les jours, tu spottes les imbéciles assez rapidement. C'est vraiment une ville de tarré en therme d'habitude de conduite.
En début de saison j'étais prêt à envoyer une plainte à Communauto / CAR2GO pour qu'ils offrent des cours de conduite préventive aux tarrés qui s'en servent tellement les gens sont inexpérimentés et prennent la route avec les Prius...
Je me suis même renseigné auprès du SPVM et de la SQ si on pouvait avoir des cours d'appoint avec des agents pour avoir des meilleures techniques de conduite en ville en tant que motard, ils se sont foutu de ma gueule. Pourtant à Londres il le font!
C'est ridicule les comportements ici. Les coiffeuises avec leur iPhone rose gold dans leur mains arrêtés au 3/4 de la ligne ça me fait cringe, j'en passe des archétypes de morons, j'pourrais chialer toute la journée.

En même temps, c'est pas localisé à Montréal. J'ai parcouru pas mal tout les Laurentides, Lanaudière, j'ai roulé le Québec presqu'au complet... et le monde ici là, ça sait pas chauffer!

Bref c'est pas les limites le problème. Tu mets 30 sur un panneau le monde s'en foutent. Moi le premier. J'conduis pour les autres et je reste vigilant!

Doctor: I'm sorry to inform you, but Gregster is showing early signs of MonOncle
MR: Oh no! It's only a matter of time before before he starts complaining that his beloved F1 is too loud.

LOL, joking aside the only places that should be enforced diligently are school zones during school hours, parks and very high pedestrian volume areas (i.e. St-Catherine). Otherwise the cops can take their lidar guns and shove it up their asses sideways. Slow =/= safe.

Honêtement je suis bien heureux de faire de la motocyclette pour me rendre au travail au quotidien, mais à tout les jours, tu spottes les imbéciles assez rapidement. C'est vraiment une ville de tarré en therme d'habitude de conduite.
En début de saison j'étais prêt à envoyer une plainte à Communauto / CAR2GO pour qu'ils offrent des cours de conduite préventive aux tarrés qui s'en servent tellement les gens sont inexpérimentés et prennent la route avec les Prius...
Je me suis même renseigné auprès du SPVM et de la SQ si on pouvait avoir des cours d'appoint avec des agents pour avoir des meilleures techniques de conduite en ville en tant que motard, ils se sont foutu de ma gueule. Pourtant à Londres il le font!
C'est ridicule les comportements ici. Les coiffeuises avec leur iPhone rose gold dans leur mains arrêtés au 3/4 de la ligne ça me fait cringe, j'en passe des archétypes de morons, j'pourrais chialer toute la journée.

En même temps, c'est pas localisé à Montréal. J'ai parcouru pas mal tout les Laurentides, Lanaudière, j'ai roulé le Québec presqu'au complet... et le monde ici là, ça sait pas chauffer!

Bref c'est pas les limites le problème. Tu mets 30 sur un panneau le monde s'en foutent. Moi le premier. J'conduis pour les autres et je reste vigilant!

Tout a fait d'accord avec toi. Les gens n'ont aucune structure quand ils conduisent. C'est comme si rien n'etait vraiment important. La ligne est la pour le fun, le flasher, si tu y penses. Au pire pas la fin du monde. Changer de voix a une lumiere a derniere seconde sans empieter sur la voix que tu viens de quitter, on s'en fout. Regarde juste les gens changer de voie a une lumiere comme je viens de dire. PAS CAPABLE de tourner leur volant, tourner plus large pour faire sortir le cul de la voix qu'ils viennent de quitter. Les gens savent juste rien de conduire un vehicule. Meme leurs propres souliers.

Si ils mettaient pas des gros boulevards a. 40-50 juste les petites rues ça serait déjà pas pire.

Mais là mettre 40 a la grandeur, pas de tournant a droite sur la rouge etc c'est ridicule

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These threads are funny.

Bottom line: everybody thinks the road has their name written on it, and that they are much better drivers than they actually are.

I read lots of nonsense about this, but it's mostly driver education and traffic enforcement that have a direct impact on road safety.

INB4: Gregster gets a ticket and it's the cop who's an asshole... :D:D

These threads are funny.

Bottom line: everybody thinks the road has their name written on it, and that they are much better drivers than they actually are.

I read lots of nonsense about this, but it's mostly driver education and traffic enforcement that have a direct impact on road safety.

That’s exactly what I’m saying, the fault is always pointed at the driver. The driver already gets some education (as limited as it
might be) whereas cyclists and pedestrians can just go ahead and play froger and blame the driver when they get hit. Anyone can just pick up a bicycle and start shoving their right of way down people’s throats because that’s what someone told them.

These threads are funny.

Nah if I get a ticket it's because I was being a jackass. You don't need to be speeding in a congested city and you always need to be on the lookout in a congested city. You must think "okay the likelyhood of someone on a bike or walking will pull a stupid move". Slow down a bit and expect the unexpected. This is my approach

It also applies to cycling... Guys doing training rides down Lachine canal and hammering it between The 15 and Wellington then bitching at all the people. Just chill, it's a busy section of real estate. The F1 track is near and you can ride balls out there.

Back