We need more speed enforcement on city streets

Je suis rendu avec un dashcam c'est pas pour moi... C'est pour les autres!

Les pas de flasheur
Les minivan qui se promène sur les 4 flash (nouveau trend dans anjou et montreal noir?)
Ceux qui brule les rouges
Ceux qui passe sur les ligne simple et double...
Ceux qui switch de lane dans le tunnel...
Plus ceux avec leur cell caché mais qu'on voit clairement...

I agree with Gregster on this one. Happens on my neighborhood as well. However, it turns out the biggest douchebags are Subaru, Porsche, BMW and Audi owners. The Ferrari, Maserati and Lambo guys are more respectful.

Increases vigilance in the city and increase the speed limits on the highways.

I agree to a certain extent. I live right in front of a park and stop sign... people blow by both of them at 60-70 sometimes...that said, I would raise speed limits in most areas to be at 50 km/h again. All of Lachine is down to 30, which is ridiculous to me. Most areas are now down to 40.

I agree with Gregster on this one. Happens on my neighborhood as well. However, it turns out the biggest douchebags are Subaru, Porsche, BMW and Audi owners. The Ferrari, Maserati and Lambo guys are more respectful.

Increases vigilance in the city and increase the speed limits on the highways.
Subaru drivers and Audi. BMW drivers don't seem too horrible anymore

I agree to a certain extent. I live right in front of a park and stop sign... people blow by both of them at 60-70 sometimes...that said, I would raise speed limits in most areas to be at 50 km/h again. All of Lachine is down to 30, which is ridiculous to me. Most areas are now down to 40.
Maybe Victoria between 6th and 32nd however West of 32nd Victoria is residential. 32nd 50kph I agree with. However people driving down St Joseph going 50+ is nuts

I agree to a certain extend with what Greg says.

I live in front of a park, stop sign and 30 zone. A lot of people dont give a shit and just blow it, idiot mechanic down the street tests his shitboxes full panne on my street no fuks given daily. I have seen cops once in the area doing radar in 6 years. But on the big boulevards, highways, where limits are not high enough (50 and 70) and generally much safer than residential areas to go faster, the SQ is always out doing radar and busting people as there is plenty of lanes and space to go 100km/h...

I agree to a certain extend with what Greg says.

I live in front of a park, stop sign and 30 zone. A lot of people dont give a shit and just blow it, idiot mechanic down the street tests his shitboxes full panne on my street no fuks given daily. I have seen cops once in the area doing radar in 6 years. But on the big boulevards, highways, where limits are not high enough (50 and 70) and generally much safer than residential areas to go faster, the SQ is always out doing radar and busting people as there is plenty of lanes and space to go 100km/h...
I tend to drive on city streets as if some kid will be running after a red ball on the street. Having small kids in the extended family you realise just how fast they can dart off or how curious they can be...

That’s exactly what I’m saying, the fault is always pointed at the driver. The driver already gets some education (as limited as it
might be) whereas cyclists and pedestrians can just go ahead and play froger and blame the driver when they get hit. Anyone can just pick up a bicycle and start shoving their right of way down people’s throats because that’s what someone told them.

Totally agree. When I meant everybody, I was implying cyclist and pedestrians! We're in a era where people think that since they are not polluting with gas engines, they can do whatever they like and get away with it.

They tend to forget that 2tons of metal always win...

But driver education here is just very basic. Remember that there's a generation of drivers who weren't under the obligation to follow any kind of driving courses. That's just plain stupid. Period.

Je suis rendu avec un dashcam c'est pas pour moi... C'est pour les autres!

Les pas de flasheur
Les minivan qui se promène sur les 4 flash (nouveau trend dans anjou et montreal noir?)
Ceux qui brule les rouges
Ceux qui passe sur les ligne simple et double...
Ceux qui switch de lane dans le tunnel...
Plus ceux avec leur cell caché mais qu'on voit clairement...

Moi avec j'en ai une. J'ai appelé la police pour un jeune qui m'a dépassé ligne double zone de 30 (parc), puis un autre dépassement dans une bretelle d'accès. Finalement le petit con n'avait que son permis d'apprenti avec le char de maman. La vidéo a été soumis a la cour... Easy.

Tell that to the cyclists lane splitting on St-Antoine like the whole universe belongs to him when there are accessible bike paths a few meters from him;
Tell that to the Taxi talking to mami looking at his dash mounted iPad while making a left turn;
Tell that to the bozo in his communauto brake hanging on the highway slope,
Tell that to the average banlieu chauffage looking at his iPhone when changing lanes and burning reds;
Tell that to the impatient local simply ripping it because he can and doesn't believe in yellow lights and turn signals;
Tell that to the jaywalker thinking he has priority everywhere because he's from France and he thinks he has priority at every intersections;
Tell that to the average wealthfare consumer on his electric bike simply going forward ignoring the whole universe around him;
Tell that to straight piped Harley bro making helluva wide turns with his 35k bike and 50$ helmet with a matching wife beater;

No we don't need lower speed limits, we need road education.

Now see my case I have speed bumps and a 30kmh and 20 million spandex warrior idiots blocking the road at two across screaming at each other every day. Now if I could think of mtl doing the fucking same I see someone doing carmageddon every two weeks.

We have the same limits since the 70s-80s yet cars are twice as efficient at stopping raise speed limits educate people that 4000 lbs + human = no win for human. If not let darwin sort them out.

Now see my case I have speed bumps and a 30kmh and 20 million spandex warrior idiots blocking the road at two across screaming at each other every day. Now if I could think of mtl doing the fucking same I see someone doing carmageddon every two weeks.

We have the same limits since the 70s-80s yet cars are twice as efficient at stopping raise speed limits educate people that 4000 lbs + human = no win for human. If not let darwin sort them out.

You also have 5x more distractions. Dense urban centers aren't for cars.

La route ça se partage...
Si tout le monde y met du sien,,ce sera mieux pour tous...
Et combien ici savent que on doit céder le passage à un piéton si celui-ci le demande à un passage piétonnier depuis l'été passé???

Je m'excuse, maison est tous retarded envers les piétons par rapport au reste des provinces canadiennes.... c toujours la faute aux autres....
Ailleurs on conduit dans un but préventif....ici,on s'en calisse...

Je reviens de 4 jours à traverser Terre-Neuve d'Est en Ouest..

- Pas de colleux aucul
- Conduite en mode Traverse de piétons dans les provinces canadiennes....

Quand on voit ailleurs le comportement des cyclistes et automobilistes, on se rend compte que ici c désolant...

Part of the problem is that there are way too many stop signs in Quebec. It's ridiculous. People try to make up for "lost time" in between all those stops which ends up being more dangerous / counter-productive IMO.

The island is overpopulated, time to start voting people off

yeah well then they end up on the south shore, and we'll have to vote them out to Laval.

hey Greg, we can send you some Rousillon cops. They're so bored here that they're the only ones speeding down 50km/h zones to hand out $100 tickets. Over here, cops are WAY TOO zealous. Last week, I got a warning for farting too close to an open flame.

Je suis bien d'accord.. je travaille dans cette zone la sur le projet Turcot.. Saint-Antoine/Saint-Patrick/Notre-Dame et les alentours et c'est terrible comment le monde savent pas chauffer et pensent que la route leur appartient..

Le plus drole c'est la sortie Atwater/Rose de lima sur la 720EST avant qui décident de mettre des cones pour barré l'acottement parcr que tout les estie de tata pensent que c'est deux voies et une fois et rendu en bas a lumière sur Saint-Antoine ca fait l'effet entonoire!

Ou ceux qui monte sur Greene a partir de Saint-Antoine et qui suivent leur GPS a place de regarder les pancartes de signalisation et qui arrivent face a face avec moi (quand je travaille sur ce chantier) et qui ose me demandé si ils peuvent passer... (facepalm)

Le monde sont vraiment imbécile sur la route.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Je suis bien d'accord.. je travaille dans cette zone la sur le projet Turcot.. Saint-Antoine/Saint-Patrick/Notre-Dame et les alentours et c'est terrible comment le monde savent pas chauffer et pensent que la route leur appartient..

Le plus drole c'est la sortie Atwater/Rose de lima sur la 720EST avant qui décident de mettre des cones pour barré l'acottement parcr que tout les estie de tata pensent que c'est deux voies et une fois et rendu en bas a lumière sur Saint-Antoine ca fait l'effet entonoire!

Ou ceux qui monte sur Greene a partir de Saint-Antoine et qui suivent leur GPS a place de regarder les pancartes de signalisation et qui arrivent face a face avec moi (quand je travaille sur ce chantier) et qui ose me demandé si ils peuvent passer... (facepalm)

Le monde sont vraiment imbécile sur la route.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Je me suis fait coller pour Lane splitting sur St-Rémi / Laurendeau en dessous de l'underpass.

Tsé, anciennement c'était un deux voies de chaque coté, mais maintenant c'est un chemin de presque terre battue sans aucunes marques de voieries. Les chars s'empilent en 3 de large, 1 de large, 2 de large, 3 de large, avant de revenir en deux voies ( une pour tourner à gauche sur Church pis l'autre tout droit pour aller sur Laurendeau ) et arrête en plein milieu de l'intersection...

J'ai demandé au policier : " Quelle lignes? "

Y'a dit " Celles qui sont supposées être là "

J'ai répondu : " Ah bon. "

Il m'a laissé allé.

Back