Long range commuter

.Fred

Hey guys, it's been awhile (3 years since I've posted).

I'm currently on the market for a new car thanks to a new job and this is where your general knowledge is required. My commute distance is going to implode to new records! We're talking around 60 to 70km ONE WAY, I spent a day at the dealers looking at the new Rav4 Hybrid and the Outlander PHEV. I liked them both and they are both at my upper budget limit (2019 rav 4 le and 2018 outlander phev with dealer rebates). But I feel like I am forgetting some great options and this is where you fellas come in, I dont mind used cars.

criterias :

Reliable
Fits a large dog and bags
Comfortable
Car is above average in the snow (looking at you Prius)
FUEL EFFICIENT
Doesnt need to provide any thrills lol (I still own many bikes I'm covered...)

Thanks

Dog picture for good boy reference.
Sorry its flipped sideways I have no clue how to fix this

20180410_083609.jpg

La nouvelle Prius AWD-e?

Les reviews sont bons sur son comportement dans la neige, en masse de place, fiabilité, 31000ish neuve

^ he said reliable....

As for the flipped pic, grab your screen and flip it, it will fix the issue.

You'd be surprised. I beat both my jetta and tiguans, still going strong. Besides the recall. Even with 2 oil changes in 120000km, haha. Really not a vw fan though.

Of the two, RAV4. When you say fuel efficient, you mean for its class or just looking for a fuel sipper..

What’s your used car budget? Last gen RDX are comfortable, quiet and roomy.

RAV4 Hybrid AWD systems are behind their regular counterparts in terms of actual traction.

Une américaine de quelques années (max de dépréciation). Tu toffe ça quelques années et tu refais la même chose. Ça va te coûter un peu plus cher de gas mais a final tu va être gagnant... (bonus: le confort à l'américaine)

RAV4 all the way.

Sinon la Prius AWD est aussi une bonne idée.

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

Le chien rentre tu dans une prius??
La valise est trop basse, ça prends un vrai wagon avec 27'' et plus de haut dans la valise.

Used budget serait dans les 16k, je regardes les golf wagon tdi en se moment. Est-ce que la transmission dsg sur les 2014 en descendant est fiable?

I keep whoring mine.
328d, awd, wagon,
I work in Michigan, so it’s 130+km/h and 5.9L/100km. I cover 110km / day. It’s done 55k km last year and 0 problems.
ccce5278b0d5f2198758a21d5a47463f.jpg

I do 240km a day for my commute and electric is not an option. Even if it's advertised range is enough, winter will kill it. Cut the range in half.

Forget the hybrid option. What you pay extra for the fancy electric motors you will never make your cash back on a new vehicle. I keep doing the math and the gas saving + extra expense to buy a hybrid option never add up to the amount I would save buying the normal non hybrid version of the vehicle.

I do 240km a day for my commute and electric is not an option. Even if it's advertised range is enough, winter will kill it. Cut the range in half.

Forget the hybrid option. What you pay extra for the fancy electric motors you will never make your cash back on a new vehicle. I keep doing the math and the gas saving + extra expense to buy a hybrid option never add up to the amount I would save buying the normal non hybrid version of the vehicle.
Any actuel real long range EV will do 240 even in winter. My friend have a long range model 3 and it will do well above 300 in winter with full blast heating.

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

do your research:

Tesla
Leaf +
Kona
Soul and Niro long range

with that mileage it's almost a non brainer to get electric...with GOV incentive...and KW price you will save money vs any gas car

do your research:

Tesla
Leaf +
Kona
Soul and Niro long range

with that mileage it's almost a non brainer to get electric...with GOV incentive...and KW price you will save money vs any gas car
I don't think you save money even with 50k km per year vs an economy car.

My Volt was way too expensive vs the savings in gas. I was at 230km per day average. There was no long range electric option except Model S at that time, but still, a $20k Civic would have been much better than a $46k volt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

g-ng, I found 1 wagon 328d and it's 25grand damnit

How reliable are the GLK diesel 2014ish?

Also looking at VW Tdi wagons right now, the cheater ones. 2011 - 2014

Back