Dual mass flywheel re surfacing?

Trupower Distribution

Does anyone around Montreal resurface dual mass flywheels? I know they are a bitch and not many shops want to touch them. It might be a great time to install an upgrade to light weight, but i'm not sure how i will feel about all the chatter.

Nope. I've not found a place even with light use. They aren't technically meant to be resurfaced.. you should see the wacky tool to measure the usage

Get a sanding block and clean it up the best you can with 100grit

Moi être toi je la changerait, si jamais tu brasse ton char souvent, les spring dedans peuvent être fatiguer en une flywheel c'est pas une job rapide si jamais tu réinstalle ça et qu'il y a un problème

The only place I spoke to that says they can get this done is Ottawa Clutch- AKA Bully.
speak with Francois.
but honestly, most recommendations are replace or status quo.

Stick to OEM flywheel IMO, not worth the hassle on a torquey engine (if it's for the VQ).

I agree with the majority, keep it dual mass either stock or buy new. If it's a LUK DMF067 for the G, RockAuto has it for a smidgen over $500 incl taxes and shipping, which is a phenomenal price considering these were about $1000 just 2-3 years ago.

Back