2012-2014 Audi Q5 - Yay or Nay? Autres choix potentiels

I would recommend a well maintained 3.2 engine. They've been around and based on the same engine for many years.
I am not sure in which era the timing belt became a chain and moved to the back of the engine though.

Le nouveau Q3 a l'air cute!

Il est plus male que l'ancien Q3 de coiffeuse et il a l'air un peu plus gros.

Someone didn't change their cam follower on time?
Not the same engine.. you are thinking of TSFi. This is TSI, stretched timing chain, bruning oil from lousy piston rings on early models. Tstat housing leaks. All the fun stuff

You can tell if the chain is stretched, noise on cold start or by checking the cam variation at idle when hot +/- 3 degrees is the "rule of thumb" this one was around 8

Not the same engine.. you are thinking of TSFi. This is TSI, stretched timing chain, bruning oil from lousy piston rings on early models. Tstat housing leaks. All the fun stuff

You can tell if the chain is stretched, noise on cold start or by checking the cam variation at idle when hot +/- 3 degrees is the "rule of thumb" this one was around 8

Jeez....and how much does this fun "regular" 100-125K maintenance work cost on a 2.0T TSI?

From a mechanical standpoint, what are your thoughts on the X3 28i? Is it significantly more reliable and cheaper to maintain then the N55 in the 35i? If let's say I lose my mind and get an N55 powered X3 with 100-130K km, and I do the waterpump+injectors+whatever common issue it has right after purchase just to make sure, should I be good for a while or are they plagued with a bunch of other random issues (not necessarily engine related)?

I gotta say that although I still hate their interior, the idea of an X3 35i with M-Pack is pretty appealing :D

@OP,

Si tu recherches la fiabilité et des coûts d'entretien bas, j'éviterais toutes allemandes d'occasion hors garantie avec +100k au compteur.

Je réitère mon choix.

Lexus RX350 2010+.

Je prêche pour ma paroisse mais moi j'irais pour un X3 N55. J'ai jamais eu de gros problème et enjeu avec BMW. Pompe a l'eau à 100K km, nettoyage de valve à 150K km, brake et pneus thats it. J'ai eu 3 Bmw depuis 2010 et ça se résume à ça comme entretien.

Audi VW, j'ai jamais été chanceux, toujours eu du trouble, chaque putain de moteur a toujours de quoi de particulier à checker (camfollower, chain, carbon buildup), checkengine, clutch de fifon et l'ostie de 2.0T qui sort à toute les sauces sur des golf, jusqu'au Atlas en passant par les A4, A5, A6 depuis 2006 sur tout ce qui est Vw et audi, on s'entend tu qu'en terme d'originalité on repassera avec le 2.0T. ça sonne comme un grinder à café en plus.

Back