This is the new 007 in the James Bond series LOL

"I think it's more about, we just want to have a black guy play James Bond rather than Idris Elba, the actor, play James Bond.
That's the part that I'm like, 'Ugh, come on’.”

-Idris Elba

Dans le temps du 1er James Bond avec Daniel Craig, le monde montait dans les rideaux parce qu'il était blond...

And he wasn't even the first blond Bond..

roger-moore.jpg

Jesus. And you complain about snowflakes getting offended. Do you expect the MI6 to retire his number after he joins the Spy Hall of Fame? This isn't hockey!

Dr Who had a built-in explanation for changing actor playing The Doctor. The James Bond movies have made no attempt at continuity and barely make more sense than the Fast & Furious movies.

https://www.quora.com/If-James-Bond...-00-operatives-are-there-in-the-fictional-MI6

I read all the original Ian Fleming James Bond novels and short stories, as well as the first 7–8 John Gardner novels (he took over beginning in 1984) and a few of the Raymond Benson novels (the current James Bond author).

So…this is a solid answer, but not dispositive.

In the Bond universe, the 00s go all the way up to 0013.

There can be multiple people with the same number designation, although not at the same time — James Bond himself is not the first 007.

Of those:

006 was considered the best agent this side of 007. (Note: He was later identified as a traitor and killed in the film GoldenEye.)
008 and 0013 are the only ones designated as women (both still active); author Raymond Benson later revealed that the current 004 is also a woman.
Operatives with the 009 designation have been killed at least four times, in the films Octopussy and The World Is Not Enough, as well as in two of the comic books.
Many of the others were killed in action in the books, movies or both. A full list can be found in the James Bond Wiki, but in short:

002 — killed in The Man With the Golden Gun;
003 — Killed in A View to a Kill
004 — Killed in The Living Daylights
006 — Killed in GoldenEye
009 — Killed in Octopussy; another in The World Is Not Enough
0011— Vanished (presumed dead) in the novel Moonraker
0012 — Killed in the novel The World Is Not Enough
Still Active (with the caveat that theoretically all are still active as ones killed are replaced):

002 (new)
004 (new)
006 (new)
007 (new — Bond himself)
009 (new — intended owner of the Aston Martin DB10 shown in SPECTRE)

Ever so slowly, Hollywood is starting to get its shit together when it comes to casting for major roles. Following a procession of men to have held the post of 007 since the James Bond franchise launched in 1962, the role will, at long last, belong to a black woman.

Oh at long last!

"James Bond should be replaced by a black woman" said no sane person EVER.

Ever so slowly, Hollywood is starting to get its shit together when it comes to casting for major roles. Following a procession of men to have held the post of 007 since the James Bond franchise launched in 1962, the role will, at long last, belong to a black woman.

Oh at long last!

"James Bond should be replaced by a black woman" said no sane person EVER.

I normally don't give a shit about this kind of thing - but being an avid Bond fan I'm a bit annoyed by this one.

Imagine the uproar if they made a white Shaft.

Moi j’dis qu’on devrait faire un remake du film de la vie de Lincoln mais avec une femme noire transgenre

On devrait refaire le film Django avec des blanc dans le champs de cotton pi tu remplace les armes par des Talkie Walkie

On devrait refaire E.T. avec un migrant et a la fin au lieu d'appeler une soucoupe volante avec un Speak'n'Spell il s'appelerait un Uber pour retourner au Mexique.

Back