Painting Pressed wood!

Lt_Crazy

What up guys,

So the stairs going to my basement are pressed wood....pretty sure! Can I stain them or I have to paint em....I would really like to match them to my floors which are wood...or if anybody has a better idea!

Btw no carpet loool

Thanks

Pressed wood usually you see big chunks of wood, it's paintable, but I don't think staining would give a good result. Uniform look panels are MDF or particle board.

Or you meant plywood?

You can coat them with clear Epoxy (2 coat)

https://hl-plasto.com/produits/resine-epoxy-de-coulee-clair-pour-comptoir-et-table/

632bf4ff045de8ab8f0939ae5dd0e82c.jpg

Si tu ne fais que les peinturer, d'ici 1 mois tu vas avoir passé à travers la peinture et commencer à user l'OSB

Voici un tableau pour aider certain à comprendre la différence

A ce que j'ai compris OP a des marches en particle board (presswood)

Dans le jargon de la construction voici des synonyme:

OSB = Aspenite
Particle board = Presswood
MDF = MDF
Plywood = Plywood

5947fdec2d2b8.image.jpg

Arrêtez de laisser vos contracteurs installer de la cochonnerie

Ca depend du prix que le contracteur te charge pour installer des escaliers en bois franc aussi tsé.
dans mon cas c'était 1800$ même pas de teinture. Fuck it, le faire moi-meme ca va me couter 700-800$.

Faire tes escalier toi même pour sauver 1000$ lol.

Pas faire au complet estie...je vais remplacer le mdf par du bois franc eventuellement.
Ca coute 35$ de la marche et 15$ la contre marche.

Et on parle de l’escalier du sous sol btw. Pas le 1er etage.

C'est juste un peu con de refaire des marches déjà existantes au lieu de les faire en bois directement parce que le contracteur est trop gourmand et charge 3x le prix because vrai bois c'est du luxe.

^^^ that's true 10000%!

My contractor wanted 4000$ something to finish the stairs to my basement in wood and now I see that they sell them for 30$ a stair at Patrick Morin!!! Fml So I just had them done like the pic of Matrix21 so their agglomere and not pressed wood!! I figured that I would just paint or stain them!

The worst part is that my basement in finished and the painter was supposed to paint the stairs but he wanted like 2K just for the stairs loool I didn't know that painters make more then doctors! Must be real hard to get into paint school!! Loool end rant/

So I'm guessing those steps can't be stained either??

^^^ that's true 10000%!

My contractor wanted 4000$ something to finish the stairs to my basement in wood and now I see that they sell them for 30$ a stair at Patrick Morin!!! Fml So I just had them done like the pic of Matrix21 so their agglomere and not pressed wood!! I figured that I would just paint or stain them!

The worst part is that my basement in finished and the painter was supposed to paint the stairs but he wanted like 2K just for the stairs loool I didn't know that painters make more then doctors! Must be real hard to get into paint school!! Loool end rant/

So I'm guessing those steps can't be stained either??

You can use some floor paint (peinture a plancher genre) and a sealant.

My contractor wanted 1800$ (on top of a finished basement that i paid) and 1200$ for sanding and varnishing.

I prefer painting the stairs or do i little project and replace them with real wood.

Back