Pay to (car)play

student13

Folks I never knew this but apparently you have to pay to use Apple CarPlay to upgrade or use it ( in bmw) wtf? Do bmw owners actually do this(Pay to play ) ? What other manufacturers pull this stunt?

Ps: With Toyota Supera it’s 4 years free on this bmw ent system .

Subscription based services are what companies jerk off too now. Also BMW is a leasing company, they'll just roll it in at 5$ a month

wait what? you have to pay for apple car play? since when you have to pay to connect your phone... I mean it's not a connection like sirius or onstar...

Any source?

Meh people who are buying BMWs ain't cross shopping mazda. I bet other manufactures jump on this

I get it...but I'm starting to feel like there isn't any reason to pay the BMW premium. I mean, unless you're buying an M-car. If you want something sporty and well put together, Mazda has now exceeded Acura with their current lineup. These aren't the BMWs of the 90's anymore, and these aren't 90's Mazdas either.

My brother just bought a 2019 Mazda3 GT sedan. I honestly can't think of anything else anyone would want in a car. It's very well insulated, soft touch surfaces, very ergonomic, intuitive infotainment, impressive sound system, very well put together, looks great inside and out, seats are sporty and supportive but really comfortable, and a compact with mid-size room. Steering response, feedback and turn-in is really sharp and precise. 6-speed auto trans logic is flawless and sporty, and the 2.5 motor has plenty of power. Seriously, why would anyone pay a BMW price tag anymore. More power and rear-wheel drive isn't what most are looking for in a daily.

...and he averages 5.8L/100km in mixed driving...in a naturally aspirated motor.

I get it...but I'm starting to feel like there isn't any reason to pay the BMW premium. I mean, unless you're buying an M-car. If you want something sporty and well put together, Mazda has now exceeded Acura with their current lineup. These aren't the BMWs of the 90's anymore, and these aren't 90's Mazdas either.

My brother just bought a 2019 Mazda3 GT sedan. I honestly can't think of anything else anyone would want in a car. It's very well insulated, soft touch surfaces, very ergonomic, intuitive infotainment, impressive sound system, very well put together, looks great inside and out, seats are sporty and supportive but really comfortable, and a compact with mid-size room. Steering response, feedback and turn-in is really sharp and precise. 6-speed auto trans logic is flawless and sporty, and the 2.5 motor has plenty of power. Seriously, why would anyone pay a BMW price tag anymore. More power and rear-wheel drive isn't what most are looking for in a daily.

...and he averages 5.8L/100km in mixed driving...in a naturally aspirated motor.
Because I hate to break it to you but all those cars in that class and well almost any class are all the same now.

BMW is coming out with the 2er Gran Coupe because the 3er has become too expensive and they need a CLA fighter in NA

Cest bin beau les mazda viennent toute equipés mais ca tombe en morceaux apres meme pas 10ans. Pour une compagnie qui n'a que ~2% du marché, ils arrivent a etre competitif mais cest clair qu'ils doivent faire des sacrifice qqpart.

CarPlay only arrived to BMW in the 2016.5 to 2018 model year. It was always a $300 USD option. Now it's $300 USD for 20 years or $80 USD per year.

I was reading until "compact with midsize room", you lost all your credibility

Who would've thought that customers of pricey cars and pricey phones would intersect and gladly pay for the "privilege"?

funny how $25,000 Mazdas get this absolutely free...

just another nail in the BMW coffin.

Wait....you actually think its free and its not hidden in the 25000$ ??

Lol did u prepare ur xmas list for Santa yet?

You can plug your phone and use idrive for fee, bluetooth, etc. If you want carplay you pay for the module to be added.

Cest bin beau les mazda viennent toute equipés mais ca tombe en morceaux apres meme pas 10ans. Pour une compagnie qui n'a que ~2% du marché, ils arrivent a etre competitif mais cest clair qu'ils doivent faire des sacrifice qqpart.

avec tout les char que j'ai eu, les Mazdas (oui, même les vieilles qui rouillaient de partout) étaient celles qui étaient les plus durables mécaniquement. Le body sa pourrissait vite, mais à part sa, c'était aussi fiables que les Civic. Là, le problème de rouille n'existe plus.

Wait....you actually think its free and its not hidden in the 25000$ ??

Lol did u prepare ur xmas list for Santa yet?

You can plug your phone and use idrive for fee, bluetooth, etc. If you want carplay you pay for the module to be added.

free as in no subscription. you don't have a monthly/annual fee. of course everything you get with the car is part of its price.

I was reading until "compact with midsize room", you lost all your credibility

...ok.

Lol débuzz avec tes mazda oui oui elles sont bien belles mais ca n’a rien à voir avec BMW lâche la drogue c’est pas juste une question de crest lolll...

Dans mon temps, ceux qui achetaient des BMW étaient trop pauvres pour s'acheter un vrai char premium: une Mercedes. Les gens ne devraient pas acheté BMW pour le badge, c'est une compagnie de wannabe Mercedes.

Back