Thread de voyages

Check l'ai le millionaire avec son "Fuck Cuba" for handing out trinkets I'd bring.
My dad does the same shit going to Cuba.. brings 2 suitcases of stuff like work gloves, rakes etc. I laugh all the time because here you are spending 1500$ on a trip then having to bring things to hand out because the local regime is useless. Oh yes and crappy CUC pegged to USD. How about that tourist money! What a country..

It's okay though. I have a very special personal hatred for Cuba.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

My dad does the same shit going to Cuba.. brings 2 suitcases of stuff like work gloves, rakes etc. I laugh all the time because here you are spending 1500$ on a trip then having to bring things to hand out because the local regime is useless. Oh yes and crappy CUC pegged to USD. How about that tourist money! What a country..

It's okay though. I have a very special personal hatred for Cuba.

The country's regime or it's population? It's different.

I'm a bit surprised to hear you react like that. It would be typical of someone who's never traveled to understand differences and what some populations go through, but for someone well traveled like you, it's surprising.

The more I travel (25 countries and counting), the more I become sensible to a population's reality and I came to appreciate and understand the difference and I react more and more differently over the years to local culture and their needs/habits, etc, etc.

Cubans don't have it all easy, even if apparently in some resorts, they seem not to care too much, but then again, their regime makes them a bit hopeless of their future sometimes, not the individual's fault.

Grand Oasis Cancun de réservé pour février. On va la pour fêter nos 30 ans pour la plupart, fin des études, etc... Une grosse gang de saucisses vraiment primé a rendre ça épic where money is no object, The hangover style. Déjà que c'est crissement pas mon genre de voyage, j'y vais un peu de reculons et j'anticipe pas mal comment ça va virer hahaha...

I'm a bit surprised to hear you react like that. It would be typical of someone who's never traveled to understand differences and what some populations go through, but for someone well traveled like you, it's surprising.

The more I travel (25 countries and counting), the more I become sensible to a population's reality and I came to appreciate and understand the difference and I react more and more differently over the years to local culture and their needs/habits, etc, etc.

Cubans don't have it all easy, even if apparently in some resorts, they seem not to care too much, but then again, their regime makes them a bit hopeless of their future sometimes, not the individual's fault.

Obama gave them false home knowing full well that any Republican president - Trump or not - would reverse the leeway he granted them. Not that there's anything wrong with giving Cuba a bit of leeway, break the embargo. I was glad when Obama started a gradual break of the embargo. The major caveat for travelers like us is obvious: Americans there to ruin it for everyone else - like they do for pretty much everything they touch worldwide...

Cuba is generally my preferred travel location for the Caribbean for a few reasons - best beaches are in Cuba, probably the best value for money, the people... well you have to know how to take them. The food is another story but I'm not picky and I have no more small children - I could go a week on eggs, pasta and pizza...

Unlike the people that live in poverty in Haiti, DR, Jamaica, etc - the ones in Cuba have no real alternative. What plus more, they have definitely shown to be inventive and quite the entrepreneurs when required.

They have no real options other than study. But what I really appreciate about Cuba is the arts. They are probably some of the most underrated artists in the world.

About the rest of the concerns: I've been to DR twice and we've been out of toilet paper, hot water and had regular electrical blackouts which we never had in Cuba - all the while paying 50% more for the trip.

Jamaica has been great to me, every time I've been there the food was fantastic and the service excellent but in Jamaica you pay 100% more (twice as much) for your week and that doesn't include any excursions. Everything is in US$. Honestly if I had 1% money (or apparently Gregster money...) I'd go to Jamaica every year but sometimes when you just want some sunshine, heat and beach: Cuba will do just fine.

Grand Oasis Cancun de réservé pour février. On va la pour fêter nos 30 ans pour la plupart, fin des études, etc... Une grosse gang de saucisses vraiment primé a rendre ça épic where money is no object, The hangover style. Déjà que c'est crissement pas mon genre de voyage, j'y vais un peu de reculons et j'anticipe pas mal comment ça va virer hahaha...

Grand Oasis, anyways c'est pas mal juste à ça que ça sert le party sub 30. Au moins vous vous ferez pas crisser dehors pour avoir foutu le bordel.

Have fun!

Both. The people and regime. I don't have to like everyone or everything.

What questions do you have about Ireland? My wife lived there for a few years and so did a friend of mine. I've been a few times

What questions do you have about Ireland? My wife lived there for a few years and so did a friend of mine. I've been a few times

I sent you a pm yesterday or saturday and still have not recrived a response... full inbox ?

Yea I just saw it

So Dublin is divided into zones. D1-24. Odd is north of River Liffy and even is South. Your touristy areas will D1, D7 , D2,D4, D6 maybe D8 where Guiness is those will be closest to "the center of town" We usually stay around Grand Canal Dock in D4 and that's where my friend lived. Nice area

Public transit in Dublin is excellent the Luas tram goes everywhere along with DART trains. Hotels in Dublin proper aren't that cheap and there still aren't many of them. You can stay in in places like Red Cow or something its it's about 30 mins Luas ride into town. Dublin itself isn't a large city, it's very small and very walking friendly.

To do? Day trip on the DART to Howth, some great hiking trails. Basically the last stop on the train is Howth. DART departs to Howth from Connolly Station if you are staying city centre. You could do Belfast on a day trip as well departs from same station. Cobh is a bit further and a coach bus might be a better option. Much the same with Dingle, Shannon on Bus Eireann

Kilmanhiam Goal is a must IMO, it's so overlooked by usual tourists but is critical to Ireland's independence. Tour is guided and lasts about 1.5 hours. Guinness Factory is totally worth it, they expanded the sky bar. Jameson isn't a working distillery anymore. Bushmills in the north is what you want

Grafton St and Henry Street for shopping. Pubs they are all good. I suggest Cobblestones, Hairy Lemon, Kehoes, The Long Hall.. I've not been to a bad pub in Dublin well maybe Cafe En Seine... fuck that place

Food? Iskandars, Zaytoons.. any chipper style resto for curry chips! Meat wagon in Smithfield near Cobblestone.If you fancy a grocery store there are Euro Spars all over , Lots of Lidls as well.

Avoid temple bar. It's the main tourist trap. Walk through is worth it but restos etc are all over priced.

Transport from the the airport. Taxi is around 40-50€, City Bus is around 4€ or Coach bus about 12€

Oh yea if you do plan on renting a car you will need to provide written proof from you CC company that you are covered for Republic of Ireland. If not you will need to purchase full coverage or some Insurnace at the counter. Also expect to leave 2000-5000€ deposit on said car if you don't purchase full coverage. No toll roads expect for a section of the M50 in Dublin

What I would do is maybe stay outside of Dublin as I mentioned around Red Cow or Tallaght. Hotels there will have free parking and it's a good base for day trips. Then venture for a few days in Dublin or vice versa

Du pur génie!!!! Merci!!!

Sérieux, les sites de voyage, je les connais tous... Je veux savoir ce que MR connait de Casablanca qui est nice à faire en 24h.

honestly - nothing special in Casa :( , take a train to Rabat every 30min from Casa-Port ( 1hr - ticket +/- 10$ ) much more to see in 1 day.

we went in September 2019 ( Casa , Rabat , Marakesh )

few photos from Casa :

Last edited:
Je passe 5 jours entre Los Angeles et San Francisco... Ya des choses que vous conseillez? Debut mai.

Je passe 5 jours entre Los Angeles et San Francisco... Ya des choses que vous conseillez? Debut mai.

Never been to LA but in SF you can

Go to pier 39 - place to have seafood and small little things to do
check out golden gate bridge
have a tour and visit Alcatraz
take a bus to Muir Wood and take a look at some of the tallest trees in the world
take a bus to Yosemite Park and enjoy nature's wonder

bon pourquoi pas demander.

5 jours à Copenhagen et 5 jours à Stockholm cette été. Des choses à conseiller?

on a pas de voitures, donc doit être possible d'accéder avec un transport en commun et on aime découvrir des choses moins touristiques.

bon pourquoi pas demander.

5 jours à Copenhagen et 5 jours à Stockholm cette été. Des choses à conseiller?

on a pas de voitures, donc doit être possible d'accéder avec un transport en commun et on aime découvrir des choses moins touristiques.
Prepare to spend lots of monies.
Are you flying between the two? The train is over 5hrs

Back