Shootings in T.O. and no one cares.

NoTop5.0

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/seven-wounded-in-two-overnight-shootings-in-toronto

I guess people being wounded not as sensational as people dying. Maybe more gun control?

IT WAS SO SCARY': Seven wounded as bullets fly at Toronto club

Jack BolandMore from Jack Boland

Published:August 5, 2019

Updated:August 5, 2019 2:21 PM EDT

Filed Under:

Toronto SUN*News*Toronto & GTA

It was mayhem. Life or death.

An early morning shooting Monday at District 45 lounge on Keele St. at Finch Ave. W. left a man in hospital in serious condition and six others injured by gunfire.

“It was so scary. I literally got flat on the floor,” said Jessica, who was at the club with a group of girlfriends from Columbus, Ohio.

“It was like you wanna say your last words.”

The group was attending a packed event when she says a group of men burst into the club around 2 a.m. and started shooting.

A leaflet found at the scene said admittance was $25 for the event called ‘Unforgettable: The Caribana Afrobeats Party,’ running from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.

“The DJ said, ‘Security to the back, security to the back,’” said Jessica.

She and her friends said there was a volley of gunfire inside the club – and they saw a man on the floor.

“Then he (the DJ) cuts off the music. And I see people running. So we get down and security comes to the front and says, ‘Come with us.’”

As the group got up to leave the club through the front door, she said there were “gunshots again” and they hit the floor.

“I ran out, thank God I made it out safely,” said Jessica, adding a group of strangers ducking behind a car outside the front door waved her over.

The women believe there was more than one shooter due to the amount of gunfire.

One of the women said she saw a man “put his gun right back in his drawers and run out.”

Outside the club mid-morning Monday, various trails of blood cut paths in all directions throughout the parking lot.

Empty cups, broken high heels, makeup brushes and broken glasses littered the front and rear areas of the club.

The Ohio women had returned hoping to gather their abandoned purses and keys.

About two hours after the shooting, two men were shot in the Church and Adelaide Sts. area at about 4:20 a.m.

“This was another call for shots fired and when police arrived, they located a man lying on the sidewalk with serious injuries,” Toronto Police Const. Allison Douglas-Cook said.

“There was another victim located who was also taken to hospital, and at the scene there was a vehicle with bullet holes.”

There was no suspect information

Sounds like regular urban center gang violence to me?

Joe Public doesn't care.
-He's fast asleep at that time of night.
-You couldn't pay him enough to attend: "Unforgettable: The Caribana Afrobeats Party"
-No race angle to pay lip service to. Not a hate crime. Just another day in the hood.

Joe Public does shop at walmart however. Walmarts should be safe.

sounds like regular urban center gang violence to me?

Joe public doesn't care.
-he's fast asleep at that time of night.
-you couldn't pay him enough to attend: "unforgettable: The caribana afrobeats party"
-no race angle to pay lip service to. Not a hate crime. Just another day in the hood.

Joe public does shop at walmart however. Walmarts should be safe.

blm.

Si les fusillades a Toronto avait été perpétrée par un homme BLANC , radio-canada nous passerait sa en boucle jusqu'au élection fédérale a l'automne ! Justin Trudeau sortirait un projet de Loi pour restreindre l'achat d'arme a feu + de contrôle etc etc

le groupe Je me souviens polytechnique organiserais une marche ! TLEMP aurait une émission spéciale ! etc etc

Yea GTA murders went through the roof last year.. here is MTL https://montrealgazette.com/news/homicide-roundup-of-2018

Reading through the list, I wouldn't even count half of those. Sure they're murders but the "victims" weren't exactly model citizens leading lawful lives. Cases like #9 or #24 are what we need to eliminate because you'll always have drug dealers and gang members offing each other an as long as they don't harm bystanders, the more the merrier.

To OP's point, not in the least bit surprised. It's par for the course. As has been said higher up in this thread, if it was a white person shooting up the place, wall to wall coverage, black on black crime, whistling past the graveyard. We don't have news in this day and age, we have propaganda and you'll only hear about it if they want you to hear about it.

Reading through the list, I wouldn't even count half of those. Sure they're murders but the "victims" weren't exactly model citizens leading lawful lives. Cases like #9 or #24 are what we need to eliminate because you'll always have drug dealers and gang members offing each other an as long as they don't harm bystanders, the more the merrier.

C'est sûr mais ces gens-là, ils vivent dans un autre monde. Yen a des très intelligents, yen a aussi des très stupides.

Normalement, les intelligents font faire la job de bras par les nouveaux ou les stupides.

Pis là, un gars fait exploser un Jeep à côté d'un parc.

Back