Help with windshield polishing

NisMobile

Good day, I was wondering if anyone has any tips on good products how polish very fine swirls on car glass - I have recently purchased a vehicle that had deep scratches that I was able to almost eliminate using the method below, but unfortunately left behind some very fine swirl marks from my rotary and probably not using the correct amounts (i used turtle wax brown compound and Canadian tire hand cleaner with pumice).

I have waxed the windshield and it does help but not eliminating completely - Its minimal and visible only under certain lighting and cannot be felt with fingernail, any tips are welcome before I go back and try to polish again with compound only - I have seen different kits with glass pads but its quite expensive and minimal in my case and not worth it to invest in them - not a pro but I do own makita rotary and various cutting/buffing pads.

Right, that is what I have been reading also. In your experience is that a heavy cutting product or fine polishing last pass product? I assume both since its glass and not paint, up to the user to make it right.

One mistake I made that may have contributed to the fine swirls is my prep, I did not decontaminate / clay bar, quick washed the 10yo windshield and jumped into heavy polishing.

Back