25 years older evaluation problem.

Melon d'eau

I was buying a 1986 toyota supra non JDM and everything was good until the teller at the SAAQ asked for an evaluation. Is this the seller's or buyers responsibility? The car was in storage for less than 6 months and before was played and driven. I thought it was an easy peasy buy but reading online it is another roadblock that the SAAQ giving us drivers. Before the allowed importing JDM cars, then stopped. Don't we pay enough for registration? What next? Yearly inspections like Ontario :(

I was buying a 1986 toyota supra non JDM and everything was good until the teller at the SAAQ asked for an evaluation. Is this the seller's or buyers responsibility? The car was in storage for less than 6 months and before was played and driven. I thought it was an easy peasy buy but reading online it is another roadblock that the SAAQ giving us drivers. Before the allowed importing JDM cars, then stopped. Don't we pay enough for registration? What next? Yearly inspections like Ontario :(

Its the buyers responsibility and its easy to get done- drop by a garage that has a dealer # and get a quick workorder evaluation and presto- its done. bring original copy to SAAQ, not a photocopy or 2nd or 3rd copy.

I spend $20 when I am stuck, sometimes a friend does it for free.
up to $40 is normal.

Do you have a recommended garage or something? I don't know of a dealer # garage. You can PM me the information and really appreciate the help BBQMAN.

It is not like I buy over 25 year old cars everyday. Even the value on these are pretty low but we get raped. I read an older thread where some member was sent to revenue Quebec for the evaluation lol.

yeah revenu quebec tried a new way of collecting taxes for about a week and it failed miserably.
They are back to SAAQ as collectors and they need evaluations as the $1 deal was getting old.

I do buy old motorcycles fairly often so I am used to the evaluation process....

no roadblock there. just to make sure they get the tax associated with the sale.

for 25+years vehicules: you need an evaluation for the sales price so they can get the real taxes from the sale.

Any garage will do it in a couple min and for less then 50$.

That is always the buyers responsibility

I've had it done both in Quebec and Ontario, I find a small car lot or dealership and I ask them if they can give me an evaluation for the taxes at the SAAQ/MTO. I had one done just a few weeks ago in Ontario for $40. The last time I had one done in QC was at a local GM dealer and they didn't charge me anything. Ontario requires it for cars over 20 years old. Quebec is 25 years and older.

jai mon vieux outlander v6 2008 que jaimerais donné a ma blonde mais pour lisntant je le garde a mon nom pcq y vaut rien pi ca vaut pas la peine de faire inspecté ou payé des taxe.

A combien jpeux le passé ? a quelle age il demande un éval?

jai mon vieux outlander v6 2008 que jaimerais donné a ma blonde mais pour lisntant je le garde a mon nom pcq y vaut rien pi ca vaut pas la peine de faire inspecté ou payé des taxe.

Si vous etes conjoint de fait depuis keks années, j'pense que tu peux lui faire un don.
En tk sa fonctionne de mari a femme et de père a fils , sa c'est certain. On l'a fait souvent.

Check se qu'ils disent sur le site SAAQ.

Pour l'évaluation comme ça a été dit c'est lorsque le bazou a 25 ans.

C'est 10 an pour qu'un véhicule soit plus listé à la SAAQ pour la perception de la taxe, tu peux lui donner en déclarant 1$ ou un faire un don parce que vous êtes conjoints de fait vivant à la même adresse, ca revient au même. Si ca avait été un 2009 il aurait fallu lui faire un don pour pas payer de taxe. Tout ca c'est en excluant l'achat envers un commercant.

I have a 97 BMW I garaged for a year, went to activate the plate and they required an evaluation since my old plates ran out...

C'est 10 an pour qu'un véhicule soit plus listé à la SAAQ pour la perception de la taxe, tu peux lui donner en déclarant 1$ ou un faire un don parce que vous êtes conjoints de fait vivant à la même adresse, ca revient au même. Si ca avait été un 2009 il aurait fallu lui faire un don pour pas payer de taxe. Tout ca c'est en excluant l'achat envers un commercant.

*2010, not 2009.

Back