Mercier Bridge

Gregster

Legacy Member
Why aren't they planning a new bridge at this point. The current structure is literally being held up with glue and popsicle sticks. There always seems to be emergency repairs on a weekly basis or some urgent work...

Why aren't they planning a new bridge at this point. The current structure is literally being held up with glue and popsicle sticks. There always seems to be emergency repairs on a weekly basis or some urgent work...
They are... around 2023 they are going to take it down to build a new one.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Why would they lol, keep patching that shit up, so someone can make money.
So the drunk metalworkers indians can get paid and work so they don't complain.

Not entirely accurate statement but close enough ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mercier Bridge Repair Starter pack
9d4c79a915e79f752fd4984940f79e97.jpg

Blame it on Native. Honestly.
There has to be some link.

There are agreements to have them work... A new bridge would not be possible with a private firm like the Champlain bridge.

Blow it out and build one outside of the reserve.

There are agreements to have them work... A new bridge would not be possible with a private firm like the Champlain bridge.

Issue with that is you need to either run the approach futher to the east and through LaSalle to link up with the 730 or dig a tunnel. Backlash would be HUGE

Issue with that is you need to either run the approach futher to the east and through LaSalle to link up with the 730 or dig a tunnel. Backlash would be HUGE
Cross the waterway before the reserve then cross the river to reach the same spot on the island.

$$$$

You forgot your sense of humor somewhere? Come on.

In all seriousness in the past the metalworkers even American ones working on high rises in NYC were often drinking to alleviate the dear of height

Just relax it's a joke.

You forgot your sense of humor somewhere? Come on.

In all seriousness in the past the metalworkers even American ones working on high rises in NYC were often drinking to alleviate the dear of height

Just relax it's a joke.

Nah man no need to be sorry.

^^ 100% approved

100% approved ^^

End of the thread !

Mohawks seems to have very little in common with the other natives, especially the ones up north. Dependency on drugs and alcohol isn't on the same level.
They are actually outsmarting the whites using their ''privileges'' and the fact that the bridge is built there certainly has an impact when contracting repairs for it.

If you don't believe they actually have privileges, just cruise down there and count the brand new escalades.

I don't know on how the reserves borders were decided, but there is more than one bridge built on a mohawk reserve... So for me it's an other case of the natives outsmarting the whites right there.

Said agreements:

''
MONTRÉAL, Aug. 1, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - The Québec Minister of Transport, François Bonnardel, the Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Solidarity, Jean Boulet, and the Minister Responsible for Indigenous Affairs, Sylvie D'Amours, confirm the commitment of the Québec Government to prioritize Mohawk workers, regardless of the contractor chosen, for the maintenance work on the provincial portion of the Honoré-Mercier bridge, as well as for its reconstruction project actually registered for planning in the 2019-2029 Québec Infrastructure Plan.

Québec is also re-confirming its recognition of Kahnawà:ke's authority, exercised by its Labor Office, to qualify Kahnawà:ke workers and contractors for these works, as stated in the Labor Agreement in force. This Agreement establishes the Kahnawà:ke Labor Regime governing construction, compensation for industrial accidents and occupational diseases, and occupational health and safety on the Territory.''

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...or-honore-mercier-bridge-works-895429668.html

Back