Votes: 31 40.3%
  • Hyundai Veloster N

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • MINI John Cooper Works

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
I was wondering, is AWD that important? How many days a year do we have snow storms that a FWD would not be able to drive in.

I was wondering, is AWD that important? How many days a year do we have snow storms that a FWD would not be able to drive in.
Je croit sa dépend des secteurs ... je trouve quand même que s’est un must le awd

Mes 6 dernières voitures étaient des tractions. Ce n'est pas un must, avec des bons pneus d'hiver c'est vraiment pas la fin du monde sauf que ça ne performer jamais comme une awd.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Mes 6 dernières voitures étaient des tractions. Ce n'est pas un must, avec des bons pneus d'hiver c'est vraiment pas la fin du monde sauf que ça ne performer jamais comme une awd.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
sa dépend ou ... viens au saguenay un hiver on va rire

Mon commute c'est 3 km sur des lignes droite, pas de ville.

Really, I was so sold on the WRX, finally i'll be able to purchase a manual AWD vehicle after so many years missing my Evo but then I realised how many faults it had, how old it is, how high the driving position is, rev hang from hell, clutch angle bad for tall people, I was so sad.

GTI seems too tamed for me

Veloster makes me smile so much, I can't see myself not buying it.

The WRX. Not as playful as the cooper or maybe the veloster, not the finish of a GTI, but instead you have fun 365 days a year and a lot of bang for the buck.

I'd go with the Veloster N for rarity but ultimately you should narrow it down to 2-3 and test drive them all. 1 of them will speak to you

How many days a year do we have snow storms that a FWD would not be able to drive in.

Aucune journée.

Un AWD c'est cool pour drifter that's it ,
haah oui aussi pour sortir keks secondes plus vite d'un banc de neige ou décoller keks secondes plus d'un coin de rue, meh .....

Un FWD qui a un bon dégagement au sol et avec de tres bon pneus d'hivers fait la job en masse,
quand t'est déja en mouvement c'est safe avec les 1000000 gugusses électronique de controle de traction et de si et sa.

Last edited:
The WRX. Not as playful as the cooper or maybe the veloster, not the finish of a GTI, but instead you have fun 365 days a year and a lot of bang for the buck.
Meh the older I get I'll gladly trade off some power for no rattles and a nicer interior. Something which the WRX doesn't have but the Mini and GTi do. It's pretty sad that WRX owners still need to shove paper in the corners of the cluster/a pillar covers/dash go solve rattles that should have been taken care of ages ago

Meh the older I get I'll gladly trade off some power for no rattles and a nicer interior. Something which the WRX doesn't have but the Mini and GTi do. It's pretty sad that WRX owners still need to shove paper in the corners of the cluster/a pillar covers/dash go solve rattles that should have been taken care of ages ago

Since forever on MR i've seen you preach the euros, which is fine, but you gotta give credit where its due. While those fwd daily do ok/well in snow (with good tires) a turbo subaru is just a freaking blast to drive in the harshest conditions. As far as the fit nd finish goes, while they are far from euro specs they are not any different than most others major popular manifacturers.

Va les essayer, tu nous en reparleras?

Gti.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I should disclose the distance to each dealership.
Subaru : 1.5 hours
Volkswagen 1.5 hours
Mini 3 hours
Hyundai 15 minutes

Last edited:
WRX....of course lol

Rev hang and all the flat spot in the rev...after awhile you live with it.
I love the low end torque
Muffler delete and you get crackle and pop, otherwise its quite.

On the highway I get:
7L @120km/h
5L @100km/h was able to almost go 800km on one tank.

Of course is not refine like an euro, its not priced like one. I took the base model at 0.5% interest
10 000km oil change interval
You could use regular octane, but I always use high octane (shells) just in case of warranty issue.

Winter is fun! I put chinese tires, so they get harder than Nokian, so I have so much fun drifting....and drifting with pedals, not e-brake and slide.
Its fun to be off the line no sweet.

I live in the suburd with twisty roads and huge hill and I do little city, so AWD is a must, I will never go back to FWD unless for economical reasons.

Since forever on MR i've seen you preach the euros, which is fine, but you gotta give credit where its due. While those fwd daily do ok/well in snow (with good tires) a turbo subaru is just a freaking blast to drive in the harshest conditions. As far as the fit nd finish goes, while they are far from euro specs they are not any different than most others major popular manifacturers.
I had an Impreza Wagon. It was the best car I've owned.. it's sorta hard to beat in snow I agree. But Ugh when I get recent Subarus in and see all the paper shoved in cracks to stop rattles it makes me wonder if Subaru actually cares because it's been the same issues foever.

A tune really helps the flat spots and rev hang but then the engine will probably explode if you don't mix your own fuel.

I had one rattle in the cluster....few little bang on top and voilà gone. But I agree, interior are not the best, but its not that bad neither.
Funny thing my 296000km SRT4 have 0 rattle and feel euro in that way lol

Le GTI risque d'avoir 90% des votes sur ce forum.

Tu risques aussi de te faire recommander un SportWagon.

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

Back