Princess Auto

Canadian Tire in 10 years won't even be selling tools or car stuff. Those sections shrink with time. Eventually the garage will become retail space as well

That would mean they'd stop selling tires. I could see tools and parts being shifted to their PartsSource chain which is expanding but selling tires and servicing cars, then selling financing to buy those tires and service are massive revenue generators. Even their roadside assistance program is directly connected to auto service. The franchisees would certainly revolt. Never going to happen as long as the founding family are controlling the company.

That would mean they'd stop selling tires. I could see tools and parts being shifted to their PartsSource chain which is expanding but selling tires and servicing cars, then selling financing to buy those tires and service are massive revenue generators. Even their roadside assistance program is directly connected to auto service. The franchisees would certainly revolt. Never going to happen as long as the founding family are controlling the company.
Read their financial statements. CT has been slowly buying up franchises... But yes the in house financing arm is a huge money maker but think about it logically why sell tires and car repairs that take up vital retail space when you can see flat pack furniture at higher margins. It is a genius scheme though, offer easy financing on repairs while you shop.

Same scheme as to why Home Depot etc have shrinking tool sections and DIY stuff , you see more appliances, furniture and junk....

I don't think many fully understand how big or a retailer and corporation CanadianTire is

Read their financial statements. CT has been slowly buying up franchises... But yes the in house financing arm is a huge money maker but think about it logically why sell tires and car repairs that take up vital retail space when you can see flat pack furniture at higher margins. It is a genius scheme though, offer easy financing on repairs while you shop.

Same scheme as to why Home Depot etc have shrinking tool sections and DIY stuff , you see more appliances, furniture and junk....

I don't think many fully understand how big or a retailer and corporation CanadianTire is
But isnt all the diy stuff shinking cause general ppl dont diy that much anymore?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Back