Mini cooper certified pre-owned extended warranty

TurboTronix

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting and if it's even necessary to pay extra for extended warranty on a 2015 mini cooper countryman s with 50k km.

So the car still has 8 months worth of its original warranty. The dealer is trying to sell me a 4 year extended warranty for 3k$. But I think it starts right from the day we pick it up hence losing the 8 months warranty that's already there. Plus from mini Cooper's website, they claim certified pre-owned come with warranty so I'm confused...

Salesman can confirm, but no reason why it shouldn't add itself to any existing warranty...

But seriously, GET IT! The 4 people I know who have had them all had never ending issues.....gearbox, ignition, driveshaft vibration (All4), electronics....

It's 4 years/mileage starting from the end of the factory warranty. I'd get it... Those 1.6 engines aren't the best around...

Is this a Mini warranty though or a 3rd party type deal? Mini warranty will pretty much cover everything.

3rd party , read exactly what they cover in the package and what the maximum payout is over the term length.

very unreliable car, even if i'd love to have a S all4
make sure you ask around about that dealer, what type of ''extended warranty '' job they do

sometimes unless the engine blows , theres no warranty
sometimes there's a fine print 50$ fee for any warranty work

So it's not 4 years. Does anyone know if I can take the extended warranty anytime during these 8 months?

Four years*
sorry i typo'd

I think it's a good value, there is a high chance youll spend around 3k in repairs in that time out of pocket. So worst case you'll pay the same money either way, and best case youll save on a big repair if it happens.

very unreliable car, even if i'd love to have a S all4
make sure you ask around about that dealer, what type of ''extended warranty '' job they do

sometimes unless the engine blows , theres no warranty
sometimes there's a fine print 50$ fee for any warranty work
Yea sometimes if the engine or gearbox blows they will only cover up to a certain dollar amount for the repair, not the entire job. Vs a factory extended warranty will cover pretty much everything under the sun without issue.

It's from mini Mont Royal on Jean Talon
Yea then I wouldn't worry too much with the Mini Protection Plan. It's basically a factory extended warranty. Those cars aren't all that bad as everyone here makes them out to be but the 3k warranty over the period will pay for itself with things. I'd try to hammer them a bit on the price of the car

Something I still find confusing. On BMW's website they state that their certified pre-owned vehicles do come with warranty....

As per BMW Certified Pre-Owned website ( https://www.bmw.ca/en/fastlane/certified_preowned.html) it states the following:

BMW Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Powertrain Limited Warranty delivers service for mechanical repairs, parts, and labour for 5 years and unlimited kilometres. The protection provides coverage for unexpected repairs during the contract term. For additional peace of mind, talk to your BMW Retailer about the optional Certified Platinum Vehicle Service Contract (VSC) for protection of most mechanical parts of your vehicle in the event of a mechanical breakdown for up to 8 years and unlimited kilometers. See above chart for more details. BMW designed and engineered your vehicle to give you the ultimate driving experience. With the Certified Pre-Owned Program, your vehicle is covered by a complimentary Powertrain Limited Warranty for 5 years and unlimited kilometers starting from the manufacturer’s original in-service date. Pay nothing on covered repairs including your vehicle’s engine, transmission, transaxle or transfer case, drive axle(s), and certain hybrid/electric components. See above chart for more details.

Back