• Bloc Québécois

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • PPC Bernier

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • autres:

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am very very happy with yesterday's result!!

- Grim & Bernier took a boot to the face
- Alexandre Boulerice, the NPD's rising star is still around
- The Libs are in a minority position, I love minority government.
- Quebec gonna Quebec, I’m not sure what Bloc fans think they won yesterday. The Libs will always have both the NPD and PCC to look to for votes before they pander to the Bloc.
- The debate about changing the voting count method is going to be re-opened full force now since pretty much any kind of different voting count would have helped everyone except the Libs.
- The PCC winning the popular vote count is a bit of a surprised and will be a nagging thing for the Libs for the ongoing time.

I think the NPD and Sight ran a better campaign then what the numbers show (Qc gonna Qc mostly) and the PCC got more numbers then they deserved (after all, they never even presented an actual budget if I am not mistaken).

In a nutsheel, Trudeau got the minority government he deserved.

- Quebec gonna Quebec, I’m not sure what Bloc fans think they won yesterday. The Libs will always have both the NPD and PCC to look to for votes before they pander to the Bloc.
- The debate about changing the voting count method is going to be re-opened full force now since pretty much any kind of different voting count would have helped everyone except the Libs.
- The PCC winning the popular vote count is a bit of a surprised and will be a nagging thing for the Libs for the ongoing time.

I think the NPD and Sight ran a better campaign then what the numbers show (Qc gonna Qc mostly) and the PCC got more numbers then they deserved (after all, they never even presented an actual budget if I am not mistaken).

They did present a budget if i'm not mistaken but only after the debate.

Electoral reform isn't even anywhere near on the table unless the conservatives are actually on board. If it wasn't legitimate for the libs to pass it in the last session (when it was part of the platform) without parliamentary consensus then it's even less so now that they're a minority. None of the parties even mentioned it during the campaign and they probably still wouldn't agree what form it should take and if they send it to a referendum we all know how that's going to turn out.

Electoral reform isn't even anywhere near on the table unless the conservatives are actually on board. If it wasn't legitimate for the libs to pass it in the last session (when it was part of the platform) without parliamentary consensus then it's even less so now that they're a minority. None of the parties even mentioned it during the campaign and they probably still wouldn't agree what form it should take and if they send it to a referendum we all know how that's going to turn out.

I cannot see the Conservatives not barking at that tree now. It's a broken 2015 Trudeau item. Any of the "big" opposition party can now make revisiting this a condition for their approval on a vote or whatever...maybe.

I cannot see the Conservatives not barking at that tree now. It's a broken 2015 Trudeau item. Any of the "big" opposition party can now make revisiting this a condition for their approval on a vote or whatever...maybe.

The conservative advance in the popular vote is from a high turnout and liberal defection in the prairies.

You have to keep in mind Trudeau is in the dogshit basement of public opinion and still manage to scrape by with a win. They've hit the ceiling with their current "pander to the base" strategy, changing the electoral system now would do nothing but cement their position while opening the door for a rising left with the liberal as the central governing body.

Also it's in no way in the Blocs advantage to support reform, under any other system their comeback wouldn't have been nearly as strong.

How are they gonna fix the election system with percentage / popular vote? How will it work?

It can get really complicated and there are multiple forms it can take but the most commonly referred to example is the german one. You'd essentially cast 2 votes on your ballot. The first being for your local MP and that would stay the same, the person with the most votes goes to parliament. Your 2nd vote is for a federal party.

The 2nd vote would be used to ensure more proportional representation. Typically that 2nd vote is used to select another set of MPs that are regionally bound and sent to parliament in a proportional basis.

In practice it would look like this:

You elect a local MP as you usually do and you also cast a vote for a federal party. Within the Quebec region, each party submits a ranked list of candidates to be considered for the 2nd vote. Parties divide up those regional seats based upon their % of the 2nd vote.

Let's say the Cons, Libs, NDP and Bloc all split the vote equally and get 25% of the 2nd vote and there are 12 regional MP seats. They all get 3 each, which would be the 3 first names on their list.

That's the best example of the german model I can adapt without reading up on the issue again. It makes for a more representative outcome but it has it's downsides also.

Moi j'ai voté pour Aladdin blackface, pas Trudeau. Je préfère avoir un blackface minoritaire au pouvoir que un Vanilla Trump albertain.

Si les conservateurs de l ouest sont pas content, qui fasse un référendum pour devenir indépendants avec leur " Canada ouest "

/Flamesuit on

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Albertan Vanilla Trump?

Meaning Ontarian Andrew Scheer?

Jesus... no wonder Liberals won...

Alberta still uses cheap Quebec labour. Check out how many of the tanker trailer manufacturers that sell to Alberta are located in Quebec.

Back