Anyone else going to the 2020 Porsche 911 unveil?

i8 I think...

Porsche London got a proper color
08e1e85b9b31b9584480bdee71d027fe.jpg

358b9062b38b8bddd5734c7cd6a4a393.jpg

^^ Looks better in blue.

I will probably be crucified for saying this however if you want to have fun driving a sports car you don't need to spend that kind of $$$. You can pick up a 2019 Ford Mustang GT for a 1/4 of the price or even the outgoing Corvette C7. Both are RWD with manual gearbox. I agree they don't have 911 status, then again you don't need a 911 to have fun.

The 2019 Ford Mustang actually looks good and the Corvette C7 still has a nice look.

Make America Great Again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

^^ Looks better in blue.

I will probably be crucified for saying this however if you want to have fun driving a sports car you don't need to spend that kind of $$$. You can pick up a 2019 Ford Mustang GT for a 1/4 of the price or even the outgoing Corvette C7. Both are RWD with manual gearbox. I agree they don't have 911 status, then again you don't need a 911 to have fun.

The 2019 Ford Mustang actually looks good and the Corvette C7 still has a nice look.

totally agree. tons of fun cars our there for reasonable amounts. That said, the new 911 is really gorgeous in person. ...but, I feel it's gotten too "Sport Grand Tourer" now. I'm sure the performance and driving feel is phenomenal. I just wonder how it stacks up in fun compared to older models.

I'm also flabbergasted at how there's still no talk of a manual. In a 911. lol so yeah, it's a full on GT.

man the food was great tho.

totally agree. tons of fun cars our there for reasonable amounts. That said, the new 911 is really gorgeous in person. ...but, I feel it's gotten too "Sport Grand Tourer" now. I'm sure the performance and driving feel is phenomenal. I just wonder how it stacks up in fun compared to older models.

I'm also flabbergasted at how there's still no talk of a manual. In a 911. lol so yeah, it's a full on GT.

man the food was great tho.

I agree, Porsche has done a fantastic job in restyling every new 911 generations with a simple yet detailed pencil stroke here and there. The only one they missed is the 996.

Have you noticed how big the 911 has gotten over the years? It really strikes you when you put it side by side with the 993 and earlier models.

I agree, Porsche has done a fantastic job in restyling every new 911 generations with a simple yet detailed pencil stroke here and there. The only one they missed is the 996.

Have you noticed how big the 911 has gotten over the years? It really strikes you when you put it side by side with the 993 and earlier models.

definitely! I remember one of my old colleagues had an older (1986?) 911. Shit that thing was small. Much smaller than any compact on the market. The roof line was incredibly low. Today's 992 looks sort of bloated. Standard wheels are 20". 20 freaking inches! It's long and wide af. Still beautiful and sleek, but definitely has gotten large with a longer wheelbase, which should help a lot with high speed handling and stability. The engine has moved further inboard to help with height distribution, it has a much larger and stronger crash structure...all these things make it a phenomenal every-day car with incredible capabilities, but it's a far-cry from the very raw, very dangerous 911 of yesterday.

...but I kinda like that sorta thing. I don't like to get comfortable on a spirited drive. lol

En même temps, tu peux faire cet exercice avec tous les modèles qui existent depuis les années 60-70. Compare une Civic originale avec une Civic aujourd'hui pour le fun.

There you go. Question becomes, if you were driving in the twisty roads of the French Riviera or Amalfi Coast, which one would you prefer? I know which one I would pick...

The one with working A/C which would be the new car.

Back