Are vinyl stripes worth it

TurboTronix

Bought some vinyl stripes from AliExpress to install on my 2015 mini cooper countryman but now I dunno if it's even worth installing. I was thinking to install it and if I didn't like it to just remove them. But now I've read it's a pita to remove. Also not sure about their longevity either, some claim 3-5 years others say they start wearing off after a few weeks. My main concern is that the paint fades around them and I'll end up having to keep them for good or repaint the whole hood in order to get it back to a uniform shade. Plus how are these stripes after our winters, or can you even use car washes in winter, what about a foam tip on a pressure washer to wash it. So many uncertainties :)

if it isnt 3M or Avery I wouldnt put it on my car. If its a no name brand who knows what the glue will do to your clearcoat when you take it off.

The seller states the brand name is Casking and the material is KK.
Not sure what this material is...
Well I wasn't able to find these decals anywhere else, AliExpress has a ton of them.

If you're worried about paint fade you can wax it or coat it with UV protectants like nano coatings and stuff. I had a Saturn with a "bra" (the 90s...) for almost a decade and it didn't fade because I wax my car every other time I wash it.

Je demande a mon fournisseur en chine du 3/8-16 ca arrive ici en M8x1.5... tu peux jamais truster des trucs fait en chine, c'est leur spécialité de te fourrer et de dire, "sorry can you accept anyway ^_^"?

Y avait des stripes sur mon GT4 à l achat. Ça faisait un an qu elles étaient là.

Je les aie chauffées au séchoir, la grise c est très bien enlevée c était du vinyle style wrap qui s étire pis la jaune c était de la calisse de marde... on dirait qu elle était sèche et cassait par petit bout.

b8f0f6ef028425a48946b1b2f16acceb.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Back