Drone strike forces Saudis to cut production IN HALF - Pepper you Angus

Spaceman Spiff

https://www.wsj.com/articles/drone-strikes-spark-fires-at-saudi-oil-facilities-11568443375?mod=hp_lead_pos1

fires-rage-after-iran-backed-militants-launch-drone-strike-saudi-arabia-oil-refineries-933x445.jpg

A coordinated drone strike hit at the heart of Saudi oil production on Saturday, sparking an enormous blaze and forcing the kingdom to shut down about half of its crude output, according to people familiar with matter. Iran-alled Houthi rebels in neighboring Yemen claimed responsibility for what would be one of their largest-ever attacks inside the kingdom.
The Saudi production shutdown amounts to a loss of about five million barrels a day, the people said, roughly 5% of the world’s daily production of crude oil. The kingdom produces 9.8 million barrels a day.

5 million de barrils, c'est énorme! Pour mettre en perspective, on en produit 137000 à Montréal. Le marché va brasser!

Barrel prices went up 10% - assuming pump prices go up 10% we're looking at 1.32 for regular and probably around 1.50 for 91.

Speaking of fuel - can anyone explain to me what the market for 89 is? Who uses it? I've never seen or heard of a car "tuned" to only use 89, 91 is pretty much the norm with some more "advanced" tunes that require 93 or 94.

What's so confusing? Yesterday's tweet clearly says: "And under what terms we should proceed" while the one from 2014 says: "Or pay us an absolute fortune to protect them..."

For starters i didn't know that Mohammed bin Salman decides what to do with the U.S. military and the American foreign policy.

For starters i didn't know that Mohammed bin Salman decides what to do with the U.S. military and the American foreign policy.

Hey buddy, this is the USA we're talking about: If Moe bin Salman, Celine Dion or even former Chicago Bear William "The Refrigerator" Perry controlled that much oil and had that much money to give the US, either of them would get to decide what to do with the U.S. military and the American foreign policy.

What did you think the USA intervened in foreign countries because their flag was cute?

Back