Article: I Found Two Abandoned Cars In A Forest On The Island Of Montreal. Let’s Identify Them

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
angel_woods_abandoned_car02-777x437.jpg

I Found Two Abandoned Cars In A Forest On The Island Of Montreal. Let’s Identify Them

https://www.montrealracing.com/wp/w...-lile-de-montreal-pouvez-vous-les-identifier/

This isn’t something you see every day – especially on the heavily developed island of Montreal where there is little undeveloped land.

On the Western tip of the island there is a forest called Angell Woods which has been the subject of many court fights over the last few decades. Last year the city of Montreal bought a large portion of the territory to ensure its conservation. It’s a popular area for local residents to walk their dogs and there is even a full dog park on the south side.

While walking through the forest, I came across something I didn’t expect: two abandoned cars. It was just an odd thing to see in an upscale neighborhood where there is a lot of foot traffic. The cars have been there for decades and appear to be from the 1950s. How they have managed to stay there this long is remarkable. One would think the city would have had them removed long ago but they seem to be a part of the charm of the forest.

There weren’t many markings left that could be used for identification purposes but I photographed what I could find. Let’s use our collective power to try and narrow down what these vehicles might be.

angel_woods_abandoned_car01.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car03.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car04.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car05.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car06.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car07.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car08.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car09.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car10.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car11.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car12.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car13.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car14.jpg
angel_woods_abandoned_car15.jpg

used to walk my dog there all the time a few years back when I lived in Lachine.

I remember thinking those cars must have been there before the forest grew!

S’est le premier chars de drift a paradig , sa commencer sur autoroute sa finis dans le bois , il va vous dire sa demain

Le noir le moteur est un 4 cylindre... Dans ces années la... D'apres moi c'est pas un big three, surment un produit européen

Chrysler windsor ca fait ben du sens.
Juste la trappe a gaz carré qui en fait pas....mais elle a surement été changé dans la vie du char, on semble voir la trace ronde de celle d'origine juste a côté.
6931eb388cce5e034c3c251876215016.jpg

Photo d'un 52 pour la trappe a gaz.......je sais les porte arriere du 52 fitte pas,,mais la 53 oui.

par contre l'emplacement de la porte a gaz sur la 53 serais en arriere a gauche juste au dessus du bumper :|
et la dimension de l'embleme sur la valise semble pas fitté.
Ca pourrais etre la version, dodge ou desoto du meme char par contre.

Aucun commentaire sur les autos mais Je vais la au moins 2 fois par semaine avec mon chien lol
b0beb328973d925406ad884ac39f1ec4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Back in the day scrapped cars littering the streets, woods etc was a regular site as there was a fee to scrap a car.

If I'm honest that first one's engine block looks suspiciously like a Ford inline 6. What does the tag on the oil filter port say?

Back