Brutal Crash Video Shows Why Buying Counterfeit Racing Gear Online Is an Awful Idea

horrible, I posted in Mulsanne's corner on FB about the same video:

China also makes fake suits, seats, helmets etc. Best way is to buy from an official reseller or directly from the manufacturer. Honestly the replicas are so good that you wouldn't tell, copied FIA holograms and everything. I was with a team in China who got some custom race suits with sponsors logos, colours etc. made in 2 days, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make them that fast and ship them to China from Europe. You would not tell the difference except that one would be as good as wearing a pyjama in a fiery crash...

Just get the right stuff, you're better off with brand name single adjustable shocks than cheap coilovers for the same money, same thing with wheels, brake discs, brake calipers, etc.

horrible, I posted in Mulsanne's corner on FB about the same video:

China also makes fake suits, seats, helmets etc. Best way is to buy from an official reseller or directly from the manufacturer. Honestly the replicas are so good that you wouldn't tell, copied FIA holograms and everything. I was with a team in China who got some custom race suits with sponsors logos, colours etc. made in 2 days, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make them that fast and ship them to China from Europe. You would not tell the difference except that one would be as good as wearing a pyjama in a fiery crash...

Just get the right stuff, you're better off with brand name single adjustable shocks than cheap coilovers for the same money, same thing with wheels, brake discs, brake calipers, etc.

Yep even F1 teams with massive resources and money can't get stuff that fast.

Back