school bus driver apparently got lost

Strider

So our school bus driver says he got lost. He was supposed to drop our child off at 16:25, he showed up at 17:50. Our child was the only one left on the bus for probably over an hour. Nobody called our home, they kept telling me he was 4 minutes away for over an hour, kept lying about details of what was going on.

No apology, no explanation, nothing. We are terrified to put him back on that bus, hes only 7and has autism. He was on a special needs bus but was doing so well we put him on the regular bus to socialize him more. Now this happens.

I know were just in canada, but we cant sue for this shit? or hold someone criminally liable? At any point in time he could have called, owned up to his mistakes and we could have picked up our child. We werent outside waiting for the bus this morning, he called our house. So what the fuck happened last night? what a fucking nightmare.

Any advice on what to do? I'm waiting for a call from the transportation company and the school board today. At the very least i want to get this incompetent cocksucker fired.

Sorry for the rant, this was a terrifying ordeal. i guess im just looking to see if this kinda thing ever happened to anyone else.

It happens way, way more often than you think

A similar story happened to my kid

I went to get him at school and for some reason the school made a mistake and sent him on the bus.
When the driver got to our stop, my kid stayed on the bus because he saw we weren't there. Smart move for a 5 year old.
So he stayed there through the whole bus ride, staying on the bus for more than an hour.

When I got to school I was shocked to see the mistake they made. What if he got off the bus at our stop, which is pretty far from home?
What if he got off the bus at a different stop?
For 20 minutes, no one knew where he was: the school, the comission scolaire, the bus company
I was about to flip some motherfucking tables and get arrested for being violent in a school when they finally managed to talk to the bus driver who is too retarded to have a cellphone.

Turns out he didn't see my kid was still in the bus. So after talking to the bus company, the driver brought him back to school.
Needless to say he doesn't take the bus anymore and the school direction knows who the fuck I am

Maybe start contacting media outlets, facebook, post your story... in this day and age that is way more powerful than the police..

Criminel? Non
Civil? Faudrait démontrer qu'il y a des dommages ou un préjudice, des séquelles à long terme.

It happens way, way more often than you think

A similar story happened to my kid

I went to get him at school and for some reason the school made a mistake and sent him on the bus.
When the driver got to our stop, my kid stayed on the bus because he saw we weren't there. Smart move for a 5 year old.
So he stayed there through the whole bus ride, staying on the bus for more than an hour.

When I got to school I was shocked to see the mistake they made. What if he got off the bus at our stop, which is pretty far from home?
What if he got off the bus at a different stop?
For 20 minutes, no one knew where he was: the school, the comission scolaire, the bus company
I was about to flip some motherfucking tables and get arrested for being violent in a school when they finally managed to talk to the bus driver who is too retarded to have a cellphone.

Turns out he didn't see my kid was still in the bus. So after talking to the bus company, the driver brought him back to school.
Needless to say he doesn't take the bus anymore and the school direction knows who the fuck I am

this was 1.5 hrs we didnt know where he was or had no contact, the transport company said they couldnt reach the driver and he had a cell phone. So yeah we had to deal with the fact we thought our son was kidnapped for almost two hours. while this fucking moron drove around and around lost and instead of owning to his mistake he just kept driving around apparently trying to find our house.....

+1 it happens WAY more than you think.

Last year kindergarten the bus brought him back to the school after the run (so like 1-/h later than planned) but he never stopped at the corner! My gf was quite nervous.

Busses are really poorly managed..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

After 30 minutes of being told he’s 4 minutes away i would have called the cops.

yup, we waited way to long to be honest. thats on me.

Also had he drove him back to school that would have been fine, he was parked for half an hour waiting for another bus driver to come rescue him and show him the way. the problem is the complete lack of transparency on what was going on. I was standing at my kids bus stop from 4:10 till 5:50. he could have phoned, at any point we could have picked him up.

this was 1.5 hrs we didnt know where he was or had no contact, the transport company said they couldnt reach the driver and he had a cell phone. So yeah we had to deal with the fact we thought our son was kidnapped for almost two hours. while this fucking moron drove around and around lost and instead of owning to his mistake he just kept driving around apparently trying to find our house.....

C'est complètement absurde. Le chauffeur d'autobus qui n'appelle pas et son employeur qui est incapable de le rejoindre. J'en reviens pas, encore la je réalise que c'est fréquent. Mon beau frère, trop pauvre pour payer son cell qu'il ne fonctionne jamais. Genre j'ai plus de chance de rejoindre mon cousin à qui j'ai pas parlé depuis 20 ans que de rejoindre mon beau frère sur son cell.

On va poursuivre tout le monde, il faut que quelqu'un perdre ça job, alerté TVA Matante! INB4 PTSD...

Avec la penurie de main d'oeuvre c'est difficile de renvoyer quelqu'un - pas pour des raisons legales mais parce qu'il y a personne pour prendre sa place.

Nous on cherche un lift truck driver depuis plusieurs mois et on trouve personne de fiable malgre que le salaire et conditions de travail sont excellentes.

C'est complètement absurde. Le chauffeur d'autobus qui n'appelle pas et son employeur qui est incapable de le rejoindre. J'en reviens pas, encore la je réalise que c'est fréquent. Mon beau frère, trop pauvre pour payer son cell qu'il ne fonctionne jamais. Genre j'ai plus de chance de rejoindre mon cousin à qui j'ai pas parlé depuis 20 ans que de rejoindre mon beau frère sur son cell.

J'ai déjà eu Autobus Yves Séguin comme client. Il faut réaliser que les chauffeurs sont en moyenne juste au dessus d'un B.S. en intellect, en rang social et en salaire. C'est un workforce tellement crasse que, entre l'administration et la salle commune des chauffeurs, il y a une petite vitre sécurisée comme on avait à la banque. Qu'ils n'aient pas de cellulaire ne me surprend pas.

Remarque, j'ai vu pire: des livreurs en cube, camion, citerne de gaz Propane ... Gaz propane Rainville, un autre de mes anciens clients, les gars arrivent à peine à formuler une idée dans leur boîte crânienne mais conduisent une citerne de matières inflamables. Rainville est basé à Granby et n'a fait que renforcer / confirmer mes impression de worst city ever en termes de QI de population.

Bref, je m'écarte, mais des chauffeurs en général ca vole pas haut. Être parano je me demanderais s'il a pas fait des niaiseries avec mon kid dans l'autobus pendant 1h.

Avec la penurie de main d'oeuvre c'est difficile de renvoyer quelqu'un - pas pour des raisons legales mais parce qu'il y a personne pour prendre sa place.

Nous on cherche un lift truck driver depuis plusieurs mois et on trouve personne de fiable malgre que le salaire et conditions de travail sont excellentes.

La compagnie de mon frère chercher des électro-mécaniciens depuis des années. Tellement, qu'ils ne demandent même plus de diplôme. Ils forment les gars sur place.

Les gars rentre pas travailler, veulent pas travailler de soir ou de nuit, etc... et lâche la job après 1-2 mois.

On parle d'une job à genre $29/heure sans avoir besoin de diplôme.

Back