15% d ethanol dans 6 ans dans le gaz?

One month bump.

Makes no sense, ethanol may contain less carbon than gasoline but it also has less energy requiring more fuel to burn to travel the same distance as gas negating most of it's GHG saving. Everyone will pay more but what happens to anything around 2012 and older? I'm hung out to dry, I got 2 pre-2012's.

https://www.journaldequebec.com/201...-selon-lassociation-canadienne-des-carburants

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/11/19/teneur-en-ethanol-le-cout-de-lessence-pourrait-tripler

Will this also be for premium fuel? As far as i know most tier one gas stations still do not use ethanol in their gas, at least here in ontario. petro, shell, esso, canadian tire are ethenol free on 31 octane

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Ok wait so let me get this straight,
They wanna put more ethanol to reduce co2 emission, which make it less efficient (less range per litre), which make us spend more money on gas for same range we need, which produce back the co2 that we "saved" with ethanol, and in the end all it does is making us pay more for the gas and more taxes? And does absolutely nothing for the environment? How brilliant!

Am i getting this right or am i completely off??

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ok wait so let me get this straight,
They wanna put more ethanol to reduce co2 emission, which make it less efficient (less range per litre), which make us spend more money on gas for same range we need, which produce back the co2 that we "saved" with ethanol, and in the end all it does is making us pay more for the gas and more taxes? And does absolutely nothing for the environment? How brilliant!

Am i getting this right or am i completely off??

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

you're off, a little bit a research will make you understand, but 140 QI Grim is about to spread the truth

only way to do that is to offer both ethanol free and E15, inform people and let them choose.

...except your E15 will probably be more expensive, have less potential energy and be more corrosive to your engine. But you can't just say "hey, our little Québec wants to run on E15, so Honda make your car compatible."

Honda : How many cars do we sell there again?
Legault : 40,000 / year
Honda : ...40,000 / 5.5 million

only way to do that is to offer both ethanol free and E15, inform people and let them choose.

...except your E15 will probably be more expensive, have less potential energy and be more corrosive to your engine. But you can't just say "hey, our little Québec wants to run on E15, so Honda make your car compatible."

Honda : How many cars do we sell there again?
Legault : 40,000 / year
Honda : ...40,000 / 5.5 million
I'm betting on Industry Canada making E15 the national standard by 2025 for 87 AKi fuel.

Currently Shell, Ultramar have none in their 91. They both also supply Costco Gas. Esso and Petro Can are hit or miss

C'est sur que les chars consomme plus...

Principale caractéristique des char E85 ready? Des injecteurs 40% plus gros pour compenser la baisse d'efficacité de l'ethanol...

lol

you're off, a little bit a research will make you understand, but 140 QI Grim is about to spread the truth

Actually he is not much off.. Ethanol has less carbon than gasoline, so more environmentally friendly. But it also has less energy, so most of the GHG savings are negated cause E85 is 10-15% less efficient requiring more fuel to burn to travel the same distance as gasoline. Net benefit may still be positive but it is minuscule considering all the costs and side effects to engines and fuel systems.

Considering China is back to building coal fired power plants they don't need, 100 of them, more than the entire EU coal powered fleet simply to boost their sagging economy this environmental movement is useless. I can't get a bag at a grocery store, I have to drink through paper straws and now my gas will cost more while it slowly destroys my engine. Greta should try going to Beijing to protest.

Net benefit may still be positive but it is minuscule considering all the costs and side effects to engines and fuel systems.

Is it still positive if you consider the resources used to grow crops (fuel, fertilizer, etc...) and transformation of the product, on top of everything you mentioned?

Ethanol is a big issue with boat owners since most boats a very large tanks and they don't get used for 6mths+ a year. It will get more water and corrosion in in the fuel systems.

Back