Looking for a small car, is the fiat 500 that bad?

You have to consider total cost of ownership. Purchase price is only one part of the equation.

Cost of ownership of a manual Fiesta is damn near zero if you don't include regular maintenance (oil, brakes, tires, all of which is super cheap since everything is so damn small and simple).

And if parts ever do break they are pretty cheap to replace and you can do it yourself (no need to go to a specialized garage which will perform a satanic ritual on your VW to fix it).

OP se cherche une petite voiture pour conduire surtout en hiver.

Non - la FIAT 500 n'est pas pour toi - pour a peu pres toutes les raisons exagerees ou non qui ont sorti dans le thread de FIAT bashing

Ecoute pas Broody, c'est le disciple no 1 des Yaris au Quebec, rien contre les Yaris mais pose toi une question - et ca s'applique a toutes les voitures universellement: Veux tu vraiment etre vu embarquer et debarquer d'une Yaris quotidiennement?

Ce qui est plate c'est que les voitures ont grossi en Amerique du Nord - exemple la Civic qui ne cesse de grossir, Corolla, Sentra...

OP: You want a car that isn't expensive and that'll get you through the winter you should look at a Chevy Cruz. It's not a miniature car and it'll get you decent gas mileage while being more reliable than a hundred year old Yaris with 26 million KMs on it or any FIAT 500.

Lots of miss-information out there and people who may or may not actually owned one over a long term period. You should avoid a 2012-2013 models in general and keep to 2015 and newer, as they improved many many components through TSB or recalls. Most weak points are the following:

- Lower ball joints, which require you to replace control arm
- Door handles will fail, the hinge is faulty and cheap to buy on amazon for 15$, dealer will only replace the whole part
- Bump stops on pre-2015 models are noisy in cold weather
- intermediate steering shaft on pre 2014 models can be defective
- bits of trim and interior pieces can be fragile
- starter on pre 2014 models are prone to fail, part is hard to access and requires more labor than your more conventional 4cyl car
- paint is thin, make sure its well protected or rust proofed
- light bulbs burn out frequently, cheap fix
- unfortunately requires synthetic oil and premium gasoline
- contrary to popular belief, the electrics are solid, from personal experience and others I know, they seldomly throw codes, check engine lights or act up

The Turbo and Abarth models are overall more satisfying to drive and own. The problem with them is that most of these cars were bought as cheap second hand commuters and owners neglected them. You will find that theyre either extremely well cared for or pure junk when shopping on the used market. There's still some deals out there to be had.

Make sure you find a well taken care model, which shouldnt be too hard seeing many of them are still owned by older people and put money aside for suspension components if youre doing mostly city driving, the short wheelbase and crappy roads give the car a hard time.

Hope that helps!

FIAT 500 is always going to be an enthusiast's car here in America. Nobody buys a 500 for the economy or reliability. It's like a Mini, niche. I happen to like them but I probably wouldn't get one myself because I'm sold to AWD for winter - I'd definitely get one of the derivates from the FIAT Panda that we have, what is it 500L? Jeep Renegade?

Ya thats where I got mixed up as I read that some time ago on wiki. Anyways done derailing this thread with the stupid honda fit.

MA fiat de cryyyyyysler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZlDjt_MzCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jerj0AaRVpk

Je serais curieux d'avoir son historique de voitures celle la. Je parie un gros 1$ paypal que peu importe ce qu'elle conduit c'est entretenu comme un bac a compost de jardin avec l'huile originale de quand elle en a pris possession au dealership.

La dernière fois que j'ai regardé les Fiesta, le coffre était ridicule.

Tu baisse les sièges arrière et le fond de valise est même pas plat tout le long. T'as un gap de 6 pouces entre le fond du coffre et le dos les sièges baissés.

34-ford-fiesta_st-2018-rt-boot-seats-down.jpg

On est en 2019! Ya moyen de faire ça comme du monde pour le prix que ça se vend!

Greetings, really à Cruze? I drove one many years ago in Florida 0km during 2 weeks and was really good but I read the gearbox has a lot of problems (the automatic) , I just saw a 2013 accent GL 130.000 km 5000 CAD, how reliable is the accent?

Greetings, really à Cruze? I drove one many years ago in Florida 0km during 2 weeks and was really good but I read the gearbox has a lot of problems (the automatic) , I just saw a 2013 accent GL 130.000 km 5000 CAD, how reliable is the accent?
My gf has a 2014 cruze lt. The car has 74'000km and so far we changed a shock in the rear. Cheap to run, in your price range, make sure you get a 2014 and up as the older models have water pump issues unless they were fixed with a v2

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

La dernière fois que j'ai regardé les Fiesta, le coffre était ridicule.

Tu baisse les sièges arrière et le fond de valise est même pas plat tout le long. T'as un gap de 6 pouces entre le fond du coffre et le dos les sièges baissés.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/aut...34-ford-fiesta_st-2018-rt-boot-seats-down.jpg

On est en 2019! Ya moyen de faire ça comme du monde pour le prix que ça se vend!
La photo que tu as mis c'est la Mk8 qui est pas disponible ici. Je te l'accorde, la Mk7 et 7.5 ont le même problème. Parcontre, si tu utilises jamais le siège arrière, il y a façon de le faire plier plat.

http://imgur.com/a/SoEdG

Et puis honnêtement, que ça soit pas a plat au complet ça jamais été un problème. Ma base de lit ( double ) a quand même entré A1.
c77ae97f93a4c4047ef84e65e3e31d25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Let's get one thing straightened out about reliability: Unless you get a lemon ALL cars built within the last decade or so will be incredibly reliable by "old" standards. You'll get some slight issues due to wear and tear plus some of the fancy electronics might die on you but MECHANICALLY they are well built because humans as a species and society we've gotten real good at building internal combustion engines.

The less equipment in the car, the more reliable it will be. I drove a Suzuki Sidekick 205.000km and other than normal maintenance like brakes, belts, oil changes and tyres, I only had to change the clutch once. Of course everything on it was manual so nothing to break.

So if your Accent has manual transmission, windows and door locks you should negociate a deal and get it if that's what you like. Personally I wouldn't get an Accent simply because I've driven one in the winter a few years ago and it was abysmal but that's a problem you'll have with any small FWD car.

Last year i was looking for a cheap hatchback econobox and i found several 2013-2014 yaris with less Than 150k km between 4-5k$.

1 year after you should be able to find one if you look often. Why buying an accent for the same price? The engine and transmission might be good for à while but the suspension/direction parts wear fast. It's very far from yaris quality which is no contest the most reliable car in north america since 20 years ( echo is the same Shit anyway )

LG qui fait son fanboy habituel parce qu'il conduit une Fiat qui est en réalité une Mazda Miata. 2 voitures complètement différentes.

Last year i was looking for a cheap hatchback econobox and i found several 2013-2014 yaris with less Than 150k km between 4-5k$.

1 year after you should be able to find one if you look often. Why buying an accent for the same price? The engine and transmission might be good for à while but the suspension/direction parts wear fast. It's very far from yaris quality which is no contest the most reliable car in north america since 20 years ( echo is the same Shit anyway )

Greetings, I been looking for the last 3 weeks and the average for a Yaris 2014 is 7000 sometimes much more, the cheapest I saw I founded in a Hyundai dealer a 2014 for 5998 and 80000 Km but had 2 incidents in the carfax reports and no AC, if I go 2015 the prices sky rocket to almost 10000 CAD...

Back