Looking for a small car, is the fiat 500 that bad?

omnimae

Greetings,

I own a mustang GT, I drove the car 2 winters, but I don’t want to do it a 3rd time, i want a small car to use in winters and as a commuter, I want something super cheap on gas, I always liked the 500, but has bad rep, sometimes I wonder if the problem is really the car or the owners, many will tell me get a Yaris or a Fit, but I find them way overpriced, I would like to hear your opinions.

regards

Yes, that bad.

A manual fiesta (at is crap) might be a decent alternative to the Japanese, but even then you can find a clean Yaris for less than 5k, but it will be 10 years old yes.

It's pretty shit in base form. Not economical at all and dumb repair costs. Sport Turbo is sorta cool but I'd rather have a Fiesta SFE but wouldn't say no to sport turbo

Last edited:
I've been driving a Nissan Micra for the past week in Europe and it's pretty fun. Surprisingly roomy, manual transmission is well geared and stable even at 150 km/h.

I've been driving a Nissan Micra for the past week in Europe and it's pretty fun. Surprisingly roomy, manual transmission is well geared and stable even at 150 km/h.
Cars in Europe always get better suspension and the roads for the most parts are twisty so it's fun. You would be bitching and complaining if you had to drive that here as a daily. If not I would

Had fiat 500 for 2 weeks around the south of France, couldn’t say anything bad about it. It’s not a highway car though, it gets sketchy past 140kmh

Si seulement les piėces étaient abordables, ce serait un point positif. Mais c'est malheureusement loin d'être le cas.

Quand ma blonde a voulu avoir une 500L, je savais que c'était pas un modèle de fiabilité, mais je me disais que ça devait pas être si pire que ça. De toute façon c'est moi qui s'occupe de reparer les autos. Sacrament. Pire osti de vidange que j'ai expérimenté de ma vie. Elle brise plus souvent que ma Passat de 200000 km et 12 ans. ...et elle a à peine 90k km. Avec une valeur de revente nulle, j'avais dis à ma blonde qu'elle devait la garder 10 ans...mais c'est bien possible que je me tanne avant.

Had fiat 500 for 2 weeks around the south of France, couldn’t say anything bad about it. It’s not a highway car though, it gets sketchy past 140kmh
Je m'en allais dire la même chose. J'ai louer une 500 au Portugal et a 140 c'est vraiment le max....après c'est sketch en osti.

Bon c'est pas si tu va rouler a 140 au Québec avec ce char la...

Sinona mienne avait 5500km et avait déjà plein de Rattle

Envoyé de mon CLT-L04 en utilisant Tapatalk

Si seulement les piėces étaient abordables, ce serait un point positif. Mais c'est malheureusement loin d'être le cas.

Quand ma blonde a voulu avoir une 500L, je savais que c'était pas un modèle de fiabilité, mais je me disais que ça devait pas être si pire que ça. De toute façon c'est moi qui s'occupe de reparer les autos. Sacrament. Pire osti de vidange que j'ai expérimenté de ma vie. Elle brise plus souvent que ma Passat de 200000 km et 12 ans. ...et elle a à peine 90k km. Avec une valeur de revente nulle, j'avais dis à ma blonde qu'elle devait la garder 10 ans...mais c'est bien possible que je me tanne avant.

And there you go my friend. People call the Fit / Yaris overpriced (which is merely the case there is always deals), but they do not take 5min to think and understand how much time / money they will save in the long run with a Fit / Yaris.

And there you go my friend. People call the Fit / Yaris overpriced (which is merely the case there is always deals), but they do not take 5min to think and understand how much time / money they will save in the long run with a Fit / Yaris.

j'ai une yaris 2009 de 190000km, j'ai jamais mit une cenne en réparation. juste de l'entretien.... mais ca s'en vient tres bientot lol

j'ai une yaris 2009 de 190000km, j'ai jamais mit une cenne en réparation. juste de l'entretien.... mais ca s'en vient tres bientot lol

I know people that did 300-400k km with only brakes / tires / oil changes with mostly highway mileage on a yaris, city driving only would be different but still, little tanks.
The Fit needs a touch more love and rusts a bit more than a yaris (I do not recall seeing a badly rusted yaris, 1st gen fit is bad especially near rear, second gets better so does 3rd), but a manual fit is 100 times more fun than any yaris. Ask me how I know...

I also do 450-500km with 40$ of gas in either with mostly highway driving.

I know people that did 300-400k km with only brakes / tires / oil changes with mostly highway mileage on a yaris, city driving only would be different but still, little tanks.
The Fit needs a touch more love and rusts a bit more than a yaris (I do not recall seeing a badly rusted yaris, 1st gen fit is bad especially near rear, second gets better so does 3rd), but a manual fit is 100 times more fun than any yaris. Ask me how I know...

I also do 450-500km with 40$ of gas in either with mostly highway driving.
The Fit has a terribly short gearing, poor seats comfort and the suspension is unduly harsh. Fun around town yes, and very roomy, but overall the Yaris drives better, more relaxed yet very capable in the twisties.

The Fit has a terribly short gearing, poor seats comfort and the suspension is unduly harsh. Fun around town yes, and very roomy, but overall the Yaris drives better, more relaxed yet very capable in the twisties.

Did you steal that quote from somewhere?

Short gearing yes, thats what makes it fast. Seats are great compared to the yaris, suspension is harsh and not for little bitches like you, correct also.

Yes, that bad.

A manual fiesta (at is crap) might be a decent alternative to the Japanese, but even then you can find a clean Yaris for less than 5k, but it will be 10 years old yes.
It's pretty shit in base form. Not economical at all and dumb repair costs. Sport Turbo is sorta cool but I'd rather have a Fiesta SFE but wouldn't say no to sport turbo
He's gonna have more luck finding a base 1.6L with the 5spd.

They don't really have any problem other than the shit paint as far as I know.

He can definitely find one for 5-6k. Id go for a 2014+ SE, comes with ac, automatinc lights, Bluetooth and steering wheel controls and most importantly, heated seats since op wants a winter beater.

15inch tires are cheap as hell, my blizzaks cost me 120$/tire in 185/60/15

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
9e3896ec4b3b19b266a9ba30cf9e3f2d.jpg

Back