Looking for a small car, is the fiat 500 that bad?

Yaris il a la possibilité de Hatch ou sedan du moins.
Fit ça semble avoir un espace cargo assez grand une fois les bancs baisser.
Sinon, Nissan Versa Note, doivent pas être très dispendieuses non plus.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

definitely avoid Fiats. i don't know how you can fuck up a car that badly; what you'll save on gas over the Mustang, you'll triple in repairs. Mazda 2s are really solid cars, otherwise Hyundai Accents are pretty reliable too.

A lot of information, fiat 500 is out then, I considered the fiesta, they are way cheaper than the Yaris or fit, of course it should be the manual, does anyone know which dealers in Laval I should avoid at any cost? Regards.

If you consider the Fiesta and want to go automatic I highly suggest you avoid the automatic transmission version mated to the 1.6. Horrible transmission that have tons of problems. You can either go for a 5 speeds manual or go with the SFE (3 cyl 1.0 Turbo). It uses a traditionnal transmission instead of the dual clutch. The Ecoboost engine is really economic and has some nerves. Way better car than the 500.

If you plan to purchase a Fiesta through a dealer you should consider a Ford dealer and don't limit your searches to Laval... PM me I do have a hatchback one.

+1 pour la Fiesta. Ma 2012 SE Manuelle vient de pogner 150k et j'ai rien réparé...juste de l'entretien. En plus la mécanique est super simple là dessus donc tu peux presque tous faire toi même.

Ma moyenne est de 7.2l/100km et je fais surtout de la ville. Les pièces sont cheap.

Et aussi...le traction control est super simple à mettre a off si tu veux t'amuser un peu l'hiver (110hp + fwd c'est pas winner mais ya moyen de s'amuser)

Lots of miss-information out there and people who may or may not actually owned one over a long term period. You should avoid a 2012-2013 models in general and keep to 2015 and newer, as they improved many many components through TSB or recalls. Most weak points are the following:

- Lower ball joints, which require you to replace control arm
- Door handles will fail, the hinge is faulty and cheap to buy on amazon for 15$, dealer will only replace the whole part
- Bump stops on pre-2015 models are noisy in cold weather
- intermediate steering shaft on pre 2014 models can be defective
- bits of trim and interior pieces can be fragile
- starter on pre 2014 models are prone to fail, part is hard to access and requires more labor than your more conventional 4cyl car
- paint is thin, make sure its well protected or rust proofed
- light bulbs burn out frequently, cheap fix
- unfortunately requires synthetic oil and premium gasoline
- contrary to popular belief, the electrics are solid, from personal experience and others I know, they seldomly throw codes, check engine lights or act up

The Turbo and Abarth models are overall more satisfying to drive and own. The problem with them is that most of these cars were bought as cheap second hand commuters and owners neglected them. You will find that theyre either extremely well cared for or pure junk when shopping on the used market. There's still some deals out there to be had.

Make sure you find a well taken care model, which shouldnt be too hard seeing many of them are still owned by older people and put money aside for suspension components if youre doing mostly city driving, the short wheelbase and crappy roads give the car a hard time.

Hope that helps!

Lots of miss-information out there and people who may or may not actually owned one over a long term period. You should avoid a 2012-2013 models in general and keep to 2015 and newer, as they improved many many components through TSB or recalls. Most weak points are the following:

- Door handles will fail, the hinge is faulty and cheap to buy on amazon for 15$, dealer will only replace the whole part
- starter on pre 2014 models are prone to fail, part is hard to access and requires more labor than your more conventional 4cyl car
- contrary to popular belief, the electrics are solid, from personal experience and others I know, they seldomly throw codes, check engine lights or act up

The Turbo and Abarth models are overall more satisfying to drive and own. The problem with them is that most of these cars were bought as cheap second hand commuters and owners neglected them. You will find that theyre either extremely well cared for or pure junk when shopping on the used market. There's still some deals out there to be had.

Make sure you find a well taken care model, which shouldnt be too hard seeing many of them are still owned by older people and put money aside for suspension components if youre doing mostly city driving, the short wheelbase and crappy roads give the car a hard time.

Hope that helps!
In short : don't get one.

Hope that helps!

Une belle liste ca lol. Apart ca rejean, ya pas de troubles!

''Je change mes ampoules une fois l'an mais spas graver, ca coute pas cher pis c est facile, en plus jaime ca me geler les mains et me couper sur le plastique a -30 l'hiver quand le headlight decide de lacher!''

Une belle liste ca lol. Apart ca rejean, ya pas de troubles!

''Je change mes ampoules une fois l'an mais spas graver, ca coute pas cher pis c est facile, en plus jaime ca me geler les mains et me couper sur le plastique a -30 l'hiver quand le headlight decide de lacher!''

lol mieux dire la veriter que dire nimporte quoi :)

That color will always remind me of the top Gear review https://youtu.be/7e7R3y-qwZ0

" IS IT GREEN? " - YES

Also, the shopping mall scene was me with @kranked following me

I said fiesta but I'd go with a fiesta only sub 4-5k$ (so no turbo fiesta), otherwise a clean Yaris is a better buy.

This one seems nice, oddly low mileage but maybe it's legit.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camio...sta-se-2011-4-pneus-dhiver-inclus/1465398430?

IMHO 2014+ is a must due to the facelift. It just looks better to me.

If you consider the Fiesta and want to go automatic I highly suggest you avoid the automatic transmission version mated to the 1.6. Horrible transmission that have tons of problems. You can either go for a 5 speeds manual or go with the SFE (3 cyl 1.0 Turbo). It uses a traditionnal transmission instead of the dual clutch. The Ecoboost engine is really economic and has some nerves. Way better car than the 500.

If you plan to purchase a Fiesta through a dealer you should consider a Ford dealer and don't limit your searches to Laval... PM me I do have a hatchback one.

La 3cyl s'est faite manuelle seulement pour la fiesta. La focus l'a eu avec la même transmission automatique que le maudit EcoSport. ( En passant,ça se vend tu ces poubelles la ?)

Le hic avec la 3cyl est que en Europe ils avaient un problème majeur avec les Hose de coolant return qui Crack et le warped head/moteur saute du au manque de coolant. En plus le modèle 3cyl a des grill Shutter actif, il y a plus de choses qui peuvent briser avec le temps. Pour un beater d'hiver c'est pas idéal mettons.

Malgré tout ça, j'ai adoré la mienne. Je l'ai acheté encore sous garantie (39mil km).

Pour l'usage de OP, le 1.6 Zetec qui date des années 90 fera la job en masse. Le moteur est fiable, je vous prendrais pas le risque de rouler un moteur rare hors garantie pour 2L de moins au 100km. Vends lui s'en une avec le Ford Racing handling pack
(https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3-FA)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

" IS IT GREEN? " - YES

Also, the shopping mall scene was me with @kranked following me

IMHO 2014+ is a must due to the facelift. It just looks better to me.

La 3cyl s'est faite manuelle seulement pour la fiesta. La focus l'a eu avec la même transmission automatique que le maudit EcoSport. ( En passant,ça se vend tu ces poubelles la ?)

Le hic avec la 3cyl est que en Europe ils avaient un problème majeur avec les Hose de coolant return qui Crack et le warped head/moteur saute du au manque de coolant. En plus le modèle 3cyl a des grill Shutter actif, il y a plus de choses qui peuvent briser avec le temps. Pour un beater d'hiver c'est pas idéal mettons.

Malgré tout ça, j'ai adoré la mienne. Je l'ai acheté encore sous garantie (39mil km).

Pour l'usage de OP, le 1.6 Zetec qui date des années 90 fera la job en masse. Le moteur est fiable, je vous prendrais pas le risque de rouler un moteur rare hors garantie pour 2L de moins au 100km. Vends lui s'en une avec le Ford Racing handling pack
(https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3-FA)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

"whats all this steam coming from my engine, better keep driving"

Back