Tablet for work? iPad Pro, Samsung Tab S6

android25ua

I've been doing more and more stuff on the move recently, and I have come to a conclusion that I would really benefit from a tablet.
I do a lot of work with customers, I need to show some visuals, emails, texts, quotes, verifying invoicing, etc.
I also take notes, and make sketches when I offer products, so the pen/pencil is a must. I want to go away from paper.

I am stuck between:

Apple iPad Pro
PROS:
-vastly superior performance;
-vastly superior pencil tracking performance, feels like you're writing with a real pen;
CONS:
-pencil not included
-will probably have to use itunes because not android;
-cost, non expandable memory, 64GB wont be enough for me so I gotta go for at least 256GB and buy a pencil extra
QUESTIONABLE:
-compatibility with windows environment and existing files that I have in Office suite

Samsung Galaxy Tab s6
PROS:
-included pencil
-much cheaper out of box;
-expandable memory up to 1TB so that's not an issue;
-compatibility in the traditional android fashion, can load shit on it and off it without additional software
CONS:
-pencil performance lacks behind apple
-on paper, inferior performance of the hardware
-no high refresh screen
QUESTIONABLE:
-stability and support in the long run, android like to stop releasing OS versions for outdated devices

256GB apple, plus pencil = 1200+180
128GB samsung, = 900

Any other thoughts, help me out pls.

Les outils que tu utilises sont principalement sous Android ou iShit?

C'est la plus grosse question à répondre. Ensuite, tu regardes le hardware et le prix.

Ton téléphone c'est quoi? Si t'es déjà sur une plateforme, souvent t'es mieux aller avec la même chose.

Apple tablets/phones haven't been tied to iTunes for years, you won't be loading anything on your iPad through it. It'll all be directly from the App store or syncing documents through the cloud.

Also the newest iOS/iPadOS now supports external storage so you can plug in a USB-C memory stick, not as great SD card but better than nothing.

Microsoft surface. J'ai la 4 et ça changé ma vie au travail. C'est une vraie tablette pour le travail. Jamais eu de problème avec et je songe upgrader pour la surface 7.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been doing more and more stuff on the move recently, and I have come to a conclusion that I would really benefit from a tablet.
I do a lot of work with customers, I need to show some visuals, emails, texts, quotes, verifying invoicing, etc.
I also take notes, and make sketches when I offer products, so the pen/pencil is a must. I want to go away from paper.

I am stuck between:

Apple iPad Pro
PROS:
-vastly superior performance;
-vastly superior pencil tracking performance, feels like you're writing with a real pen;
CONS:
-pencil not included
-will probably have to use itunes because not android;
-cost, non expandable memory, 64GB wont be enough for me so I gotta go for at least 256GB and buy a pencil extra
QUESTIONABLE:
-compatibility with windows environment and existing files that I have in Office suite

Samsung Galaxy Tab s6
PROS:
-included pencil
-much cheaper out of box;
-expandable memory up to 1TB so that's not an issue;
-compatibility in the traditional android fashion, can load shit on it and off it without additional software
CONS:
-pencil performance lacks behind apple
-on paper, inferior performance of the hardware
-no high refresh screen
QUESTIONABLE:
-stability and support in the long run, android like to stop releasing OS versions for outdated devices

256GB apple, plus pencil = 1200+180
128GB samsung, = 900

Any other thoughts, help me out pls.

I got a Samsung Note 9 with the stylus and never looked back. You can annotate directly onto Powerpoint, PDF, etc. Take notes and save them to cloud. Fits in your pocket but is large enough to show. You can get Samsung Dex kit to connect it to a monitor and use it as a desktop PC replacement with a keyboard and mouse if you want.

Bonus: Can cast directly to any Samsung TV or Chromecast enabled TV, Roku TV, etc. for presentations.

Do you need the pencil ? If so i would go apple. It's way better.

I have an android tablet with a pencil from 2013 era, of course it's not as good as today but I can't take note with it, it's not precise enough. It's good to skectch something or to write 2-3 words but not a full page.

I would go to the apple store and best buy, try both and see if you're ok with the Tab.

Office 365 is on both platform so shouldn't have compatibility issue. Of course if you are using page/number or open office, you might run into compatibility issues for older files.

As for performance, if you plan on displaying 3D stuff, you might want to go with apple but the Samsung one will do the job.

Microsoft surface. Android/ipads don't support Excel and such.

aw-trump-twitter-fake-news.jpg

for the extra disk space you need, you can consider external options, they have gotten extreemly fast especially thorough usb3.1 1st and second gen, and whatever apple uses, you have simple options as a simple usb key, to an nvme with and adapter, can get around the same perf as an ssd disk....more or less

Pour le MS Surface une petite remarque qui parait pas et dont personne ne parle mais que j'ai constate first-hand avec TOUTES les MS Surface que j'ai deployé au bureau:

1) Tu peux pratiquement pas controler les mises a jour Windows 10 donc ca va arriver eventuellement que tu vas arriver a une presentation, debarrer ta MS Surface et la Windows va te montrer ces ecrans:

hi-weve-got-some-updates-for-your-pc-this-might-47118958.png

2) Les 4e gen ont un trouble assez consistant de lenteur Wi-Fi. TOUTES les 4th gen que j'ai sorti etaient hit or miss pour le Wi-Fi, soit ca marchait normalement ou c'etait tres lent - genre prendre 10 minutes a downloader Chrome sur un lien 100Meg malgre une connexion solide au Wi-Fi. Ca variait de reboot en reboot et c'est particulierement frustrant quand tu veux installer de quoi de "live" comme Office 365 par exemple - ou si tu as des fichiers infonuagiques (ouache - on peut tu juste dire cloud crisses de clows??) a telecharger

Selon MS c'est pas un probleme.

Selon les usagers technet et dans les forums online a peu pres tout le monde ont eu se probleme la et c'est du aux drivers du chipset chinois wi-fi cheapette que MS ont mis dedans.

J'ai pas eu ces problemes avec le 3rd gen mais les 3rd gen apres un firmware update ca fuckait le touchscreen qu'on etait obliges de desactiver dans le device manager et pas s'en servir sinon ca faisait partir des applis partout comme si le touchscreen avait 100 faux touch par seconde. Genre au debut on pensait y avait pogne un virus...

serieux les surfaces on en a la job, c'est correct mais c'est cher si t'a pas besoin de rouler d'application windows.

Et si tu pete l'écran, c'est 800$ pour remplacer chez un pedler, microsoft coute 1200$

Thanks guys for all replies.

My phone is an iPhone but everything I do on it is compatible with whatever, aka calendar sync, gmail, outlook, notes.
I tried surface last year and didn't like the pencil performance much. Has is changed since then?
My gut is leaning towards iPad, while my brain is leaning towards tab s6...

Thanks guys for all replies.

My phone is an iPhone but everything I do on it is compatible with whatever, aka calendar sync, gmail, outlook, notes.
I tried surface last year and didn't like the pencil performance much. Has is changed since then?
My gut is leaning towards iPad, while my brain is leaning towards tab s6...

Dude... ton handle MR est ANDROID25ua. Pas IOS25ua...

Back