Les exhaust qui "pop", a quel moment c'est trop ?

Sport mode on in Mid mode it doesn't pop.

I never get bored of it

Bonus BMS Intake ricer fun

Sport Ricer Dials

Sur une C43, Jaguar/Range Rover SVR ou une Abarth c’est correct et assez beau.

Sur les Lambo et les M3/M4 c’est trop, ça sonne plus vraiment “naturel”

Les Golf R ça sonne juste comme un pet, même chose pour les S3/RS3 pis les CLA45.

Le ''pet'' comme tu dit c'est le son en shiftant.. et non des crackles. Et ca une utilité:

If you’ve read our previous Tech-Talk article on types of transmissions, you’ll know that dual-clutch systems are actually derived automated manual transmissions. You’ll also have read that early examples of automated transmissions were horribly jerky to drive, particularly at full tilt – case in point the BMW M3 CSL with its SMG gearbox.

In a traditional manual transmission, when you shift gears, you lift off the throttle slightly to allow the revs to stabilise and drop slightly whilst engaging the next gear. An automated manual transmission requires the same sort of action, however since drivers don’t have to use the clutch and gear shift themselves, they often kept their right foot planted flat on the throttle – as you do in a car with an automatic transmission. This causes the revs to rise, and when the next gear engaged, there would be a massive jerking sensation as the gearbox was not in sync with the engine speed.

In order to circumvent this, Volkswagen came up with the concept of retarding ignition timing at the crucial moment of the gear change, effectively mimicking the act of lifting off the throttle. However fuelling and valve timing remain unaffected under this programming setup. This results in excess fuel being deposited into the combustion chamber, remaining un-ignited. When the next gear is engaged, ignition of the fuel is resumed via the spark plugs, and the excess fuel in the combustion chamber and exhaust manifold ignites creating that lovely “vroomph” fart/burp that we all know and love.

Cutting or retarding timing isnt anything new. Racecars have been doing that for years

SMG CSL software was actually really smooth at higher rpms and less lurchy at low rpms.So was the European software in M5/M6 with SMG. Night and day difference. Only issue is it wears the clutch out faster

Some Dual Clutch boxes are pretty horrible at low speeds as well and shifts.

Yes
6aaea5f5ffb6e0723b8a97d99b151c5d.jpg

Mines stock.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Mine too in Sport mode. I know how to make it pop/bang on request (most of the time) provided the outside temp is cool - like under 17-18°C.

Start pushing a moment before the boost and then just as the boost starts building: Shift up (manual.)

First few times it surprised me, now I enjoy it probably too much.

Note that in 1->2nd gear it won't build enough boost because you're not there long enough - this only works from 2->3rd and best from 3->4th after which you're at the speed limit so I've never tried it.

The Saab refuses to pop but it makes a low gurgle of catless joy pretty much all the time which makes up for it.

What do you call that PRR sound it makes when you upshift normally? It literally makes a raspberry sound from the exhaust. (no you trolls, not the transmission grinding lol...)

Last edited:
Mes 3 chars crakle and pop
WRX, avec les bonne technique c'est sur demande. J'ai juste un muffler delete de Magnaflow
SRT-4....c'est tellemement trop lol Ca crakle sur un esti de temps. Si tu regarde comme il faut, tu pourrais voir le turbo tourné tellement c'est vide comme exhaust lol
Boss 302, moteur forgé stock, side pipe stock, ca pop aussi sans avoir a y donné en malade

La lambo est tellement ''look a me'' que c'est agressant....moi pour aimé ça les crakle and pop....il y a une limite.

I don't understand why you didn't go for like a:
340i
330 wagon
a4 wagon
s4
something along those lines
I don't like Audi's and those other cars were way out of our price range. Not to mention not very fun to drive . It was between Mini and GTi for a new car. Sorry we aren't rich and balling like everyone here. It's easy to spend everyones money isnt it?

I don't like Audi's and those other cars were way out of our price range. Not to mention not very fun to drive . It was between Mini and GTi for a new car. Sorry we aren't rich and balling like everyone here. It's easy to spend everyones money isnt it?
I guess you wanted to go for a new car. I'd consider a CPO'd 340 or maybe a fully loaded golf R
I dunno, I just feel like a mini should have two doors and stick shift and be slammed with a straight pipe

I guess you wanted to go for a new car. I'd consider a CPO'd 340 or maybe a fully loaded golf R
I dunno, I just feel like a mini should have two doors and stick shift and be slammed with a straight pipe
Again you are completely missing the point CPO 340 was still out of budget even if I bought at 340 at auction it would still have been out of budget. We wanted new and short term of 36 months. A class was a choice but lease rates were junk.

I just find it ironic that someone who was moaning and groaning about a little accident on their 5 series is trying to give a finance lesson

I just find it ironic that someone who was moaning and groaning about a little accident on their 5 series is trying to give a finance lesson

Dam son, shots fired.
I guess if you're that easily triggered, you shouldn't be on a forum anyway. Or you're pissed off about the fact that you bought a mini and you hate people pointing it out to you lol.

For someone that's never been in an accident, I guess the questions I asked in that thread were reasonable.

edit: http://crm.bmw.ca/en-ca/PreOwned/Search/VehicleDetail/WBA8B7C52GK703527#details-top
same price as a base 4-door cooper S, and that's without searching too hard or bargaining for a deal.

Dam son, shots fired.
I guess if you're that easily triggered, you shouldn't be on a forum anyway. Or you're pissed off about the fact that you bought a mini and you hate people pointing it out to you lol.

For someone that's never been in an accident, I guess the questions I asked in that thread were reasonable.

edit: http://crm.bmw.ca/en-ca/PreOwned/Search/VehicleDetail/WBA8B7C52GK703527#details-top
same price as a base 4-door cooper S, and that's without searching too hard or bargaining for a deal.

Don't poke the bear lol

Dam son, shots fired.

Ok. Why do you care so much if you aren't driving it or paying for it? Maybe you need to look a certain part for other people

1. I think is cool when its for good reason, real reason. More fuel , less lag , lot ppower etc.
2. Hate when kidz got MHD tune on a automatic 335i F body. useless, not useful, not necessary, no purpose aka annoying.
3. I'd love to have it before its going back to ticoune class. Actually I have it, but not because of the tune '' pop setting'', because the turbo max designe PSI is 25psi, and the waste gate is all open on my tune. Tons of fuel dumped on a shift. and its pop. But on hard driving, a start WOT. never on a daily stop nor a roll. On a stock exhaust, I makes it hard to notice anyway.

4. fake pop on underpowered car, reminds me when audi get into pastel ''primer'' style color on their high end car. Since this color is uncommon because no body will want it, they made a cool trend for high end cars. annnndddd hyundai copied it...
5 . fake pop on underpowered car, reminds me when cheap ass POS ugly nissan sentra put LED strip in their head light to be like an audi.

6008878_05101_2014-nissan-sentra_005.JPG

Back