Another TV thread - can't find the old ones

lord_galathon

My 7yr old LG (yes...) 55LM5800 3D died last night at 9:37PM, sadly it happened right in the middle of a potentially (died just as her room mate was proclaiming her love) lesbian scene between Christina Hendricks and her room mate, which sucked in many different ways as you can imagine.

It's the main board (power LED blinks twice - nothing happens to TV no image, no sound) and that's not really easy to find on an old TV - only ones I found are refurbished which really means "taken out of a working TV" with other problems (broken screen, backlight out, etc.) and they're 170US$+shipping from US. No ETA.

This is my main TV in my living room. It's not the actual "home theater" TV which is setup elsewhere with a proper viewing room (dark - basement - projector...)

I have no favourite brands but I'd like to stay away from RCA/Philips/Sharp as they have been bad to me in the past. Main use for this TV is going to be serial TV shows, some Netflix and movies, sports. Only console hooked up is a Switch which we rarely use on the TV except for multiplayer, and the nVidia Shield for streaming because my broken TV was not a smart TV - they didn't really exist in 2012. Well they were but they were rare and expensive.

I was happy with my LG (yes...) and would have another if it has the features I want:

Specs 4K/UHD with some type of "flowmotion" 120/240/480 whatever as long as I can OPTIONALLY turn on that "soap opera" effect everyone hates.

Budget < 1000$ tax included

Size MANDATORY has to be 55" for a straight swap on my wall-mount where it's located which brings me to the next feature

VESA mount is a must

OS/Smart features ANDROID TV is preferred but not necessary

Hisense 55H8809 (623$), 55Q8809 (723$) are my favourites at this time as they tick all the above with the Q model preferred because of the QLED tech which I like on Samsung - note that I've not seen any of these "live" in a showroom. I'm going to take a drive to B&M where apparently they are the only ones selling them along with Leon's. I could go to Leon's... don't really care either is fine with me but B&M gives a "free" sound bar with the TV which I can then give someone as a Christmas present.

I'd love to get the 55Q9809 (9 series) but it's just come out and is 500$ more at 1130$+tx.

No I'm not giving any of you guys my free soundbar if I get one.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Va chez walmart et achète Vizio.

ou ça https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DXRQHRJ?tag=vglnk-ca-c971-20

PS: J'ai hâte que ma 55" LCD Samsung meurt. Elle a 11 ans et elle fonctionne encore super bien sauf la maudite télécommande qui est en train de mourrir.

Elle a coûté $3000 dans le temps alors j'hésite à la crisser au chemin... :cry:

Walmart ont pas de Visio 55"

La TCL est une 4 series et non pas une 6 series qui est la version qui competitionne les HiSense 55 H/Q 8809. J'aime particulierement le QDot de la Q. C'est la favorite a date.

Android TV... Nice, but... Je ferais un compte uniquement pour la tivi et ce qui fait chier c'est que j'aurais pas accès à toutes mes bébelles qui sont dans mon google... Donc je finirais pas caster et l'utiliser comme use smart TV non-Android.

Pas vrai que j'utiliserais mon compte google Alpha pour ça.

Just because you used the word. Never mind...

Answer my Android account questioning instead... What's your strategy?

Didn't have any issues with my nVidia Shield since Android TV is treated differently from normal Android. Same account but I don't have email, FB or any social media setup on the Shield so nothing pops up ever. The only caveat is that I have to disconnect the YouTube account otherwise all my tech stuff that I follow will show up on the TV.

NOTE about the TV: Cable management has to be done on the LEFT side (facing the TV) as that's against the wall and managed already, the other side is an empty stairwell... which means the TCL 6 series which is the main competition to the HiSense Q8809 isn't good for me as it has all the connectors on the wrong side.

Va chez walmart et achète Vizio.

ou ça https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DXRQHRJ?tag=vglnk-ca-c971-20

PS: J'ai hâte que ma 55" LCD Samsung meurt. Elle a 11 ans et elle fonctionne encore super bien sauf la maudite télécommande qui est en train de mourrir.

Elle a coûté $3000 dans le temps alors j'hésite à la crisser au chemin... :cry:
Achetes une nouvelle télécommande?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

I've been ITCHING for a new TV!!! both my samsungs are working fine... even after 10+ years... I sooo want a 65+ inch 4K TV, but why the hell would I throw out a perfectly good TV...

Been looking at them like crazy, but also know I won't go for it...

I've seen great reviews for TCL's and their prices are insane, especially on amazon with free shipping.

Back