structural damage ?

acidburn5103

Legacy Member
20191021_115304.jpg

I was unfortunate enough to be hit by a truck, leading to a ripped up quarter panel.
The vehicle in question is a BMW 1-series. Is this considered structural damage?

Does anyone know an estimate of such a repair?

The Insurnace system here is broken. Claims add up because of stupidity, namely 800$ tow bills
I remember when I had to deal with towing companies and they'd ask my if it's an insurance case or not because theyd inflate the price. How is that even legal. Same thing with bodyshops, they'd sometimes give one estimate for insurance and one "real" one.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

My sister's E90 had a similar accident to what the OP posted 2 weeks ago. Sheetmetal was bent around the wheel so it couldn't roll.. tow from Vaudreuil to the body shop in Laval was just under 800$... Meanwhile Insurnace company calls her to say the A4 rental she has is too expensive and they won't cover it fully. She promptly told them piss off and maybe get some money back from the towing. They said it's 104$ a day, meanwhile on their own website a premium car is listed for 42.50 lol

It was the classic case of town company listening to the scanner and 5 trucks showing up. Loading up the car before even asking... Tow to the yard, emergency call, accident recovery, storage fees , another tow. I've seen and heard everything in this business but that story Ranks No.1

Meanwhile the Insurnace company busted balls for mechanical repairs. "We found the part at this scrapyard you've never heard of, LKQ is too expensive"

Then people come on MR crying over a 5000-6000$ claim thinking it's totally VGA

Back