Québec va enfin étudier l'asphalte de nos voisins

lol étudier l'asphalte des etats

Y font pas dla meilleure asphalte qu'ici, c'est juste qu'on veut pas payer(plus bas soumissionnaire) pour de l'asphalte qui va durer.

"OUAN, pas mal de la belle asphatte, bon, on artourne che nous fourrer tout le monde pour se creer de la job et reparer nos Dodge Ram! "

Ma théorie c'est qu'ils font exprès de faire des routes tout croches. Comme ça ils les refont 5 ans plus tard et chargent encore plus de $$$.

Pis lâchez moi avec le climat, le gel etc... les routes ailleurs tiennent malgré des climats similaires.

Les grades d'asphaltes durables existent depuis longtemps et peuvent être commandés anytime des fournisseurs d'ici. C'est juste que l'asphalte qu'on achète est la plus cheap juste avant le "groudron coulé sur une route en roche" a.k.a macadam. De plus, on refait pas la base toute craquée pi scrap donc 2 ans après ben les craques sont revenues en surface parce que la base bouge en dessous.

Loool just another reason to waste our tax dollars on a "study" !!!

I swear....it's like retards run this province....

Ma théorie c'est qu'ils font exprès de faire des routes tout croches. Comme ça ils les refont 5 ans plus tard et chargent encore plus de $$$.

Pis lâchez moi avec le climat, le gel etc... les routes ailleurs tiennent malgré des climats similaires.

C'est même pu une théorie, c'est connu!

Aussi dans les dernières années, le réseau routier se détériore plus vite que le gouvernement ne peut l'entretenir.. tellement qu,Il font ça au ''va vite'' en grindant juste la couche superficielle pour mettre de l'asphalte neuve après! 5 ans après, ca recommence a craqué et a valonner.

Complètement hors sujet mais pendant la majorité de la vie, j’ai pensé que c’était la «*sphalte*» et non «*asphalte*». C’est mon autocorrect qui m’a tout appris il y a quelques années...

yavais pas un dude qui avait sortie un technique pour faire des routes avec de l'asphalte recycler qui durrait en criss pis ya du monde qui avait mis le feu a son setup en y disant "stai juste un avertissement" pis le gars est parti en ontario ?

yavais pas un dude qui avait sortie un technique pour faire des routes avec de l'asphalte recycler qui durrait en criss pis ya du monde qui avait mis le feu a son setup en y disant "stai juste un avertissement" pis le gars est parti en ontario ?

Y’avait pas un monsieur qui avait fait une machine de debile pour utiliser la vieille asphalte et la recycler comme base? Mais le MTQ lui a mis des bâtons dans les roues disant qu’il faut plusieurs machines et que si et que ça et finalement ça a jamais marché?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'est un exercice nécessaire pour après ça changer les règles du plus bas soumissionnaire.

Même si on le sait tous que notre asphalte/travaux routiers c'est vraiment boboche.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C'est un exercice nécessaire pour après ça changer les règles du plus bas soumissionnaire.

Même si on le sait tous que notre asphalte/travaux routiers c'est vraiment boboche.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

But as others have already pointed out, low bid, high bid or the one in the middle, it doesn't really matter if the tax payer money is going into brown envelopes instead of quality material. In addition even if they use high quality materials, if Moe, Larry and Curly are installing it, it'll fail prematurely too.

My proposed solution: Open the market to foreign bidders and workers. Quebec based firms/workers get preference but if they think they could fuck around on the bid and/or during installation, others would probably gladly swoop in and will do the best job they can to get repeat business.

But as others have already pointed out, low bid, high bid or the one in the middle, it doesn't really matter if the tax payer money is going into brown envelopes instead of quality material. In addition even if they use high quality materials, if Moe, Larry and Curly are installing it, it'll fail prematurely too.

My proposed solution: Open the market to foreign bidders and workers. Quebec based firms/workers get preference but if they think they could fuck around on the bid and/or during installation, others would probably gladly swoop in and will do the best job they can to get repeat business.

You think construction workers purposely fuck up their work?

Sure go seek exterior workers that will end up doing the exact same shit. But cost us more.

I’m working on a huge million+ dollar sub-contracted excavation contract and the retard city eng has literally asked us to cut corners and go faster so we can do more work over the remaining budget.

Myself and the operator are completely appalled by this as we hate doing shit work but we are required to by the municipality we are working for.

This includes replacing lots and lots of rainwater sewage lines.

They had planned for 40x20feet and we’re at 120x40feet of conduit. Etc. Etc.

Don’t diss the workers when most of the time they’re highly qualified but can’t do fucking good work when they’re told to do a proper something with no budget because under bid retard company and shit material because cost cutting retard company.

Gosh you hit a soft spot here

You think construction workers purposely fuck up their work?

Sure go seek exterior workers that will end up doing the exact same shit. But cost us more.

I’m working on a huge million+ dollar sub-contracted excavation contract and the retard city eng has literally asked us to cut corners and go faster so we can do more work over the remaining budget.

Myself and the operator are completely appalled by this as we hate doing shit work but we are required to by the municipality we are working for.

This includes replacing lots and lots of rainwater sewage lines.

They had planned for 40x20feet and we’re at 120x40feet of conduit. Etc. Etc.

Don’t diss the workers when most of the time they’re highly qualified but can’t do fucking good work when they’re told to do a proper something with no budget because under bid retard company and shit material because cost cutting retard company.

Gosh you hit a soft spot here

Where did I say they PURPOSELY mess it up?

I know it goes both ways, but seeing as you have what seem to be a much better handle on the day to day, how much budget is blown on worker inefficiency, that is to say man hours billed for non-progress? Also if a worker does fuck up, what repercussions do they have? Do they get there ass covered by the union and move to the next job or are they weeded out?

The point I'm trying to make is not that our guys are unqualified or incapable but as in any position where there's too big a security behind them, people get complacent. Just look at most marriages. People think they got that shit locked down, so they get a little fat, a little lazy and the quality of the relationship starts to deteriorate. You either need to be noble or have consequences and it's sure as the day is long that very few people have high principles these days.

The goal is to find that happy medium where our workers don't go home worried about losing their job to a foreign firm, but at the same time don't have the gall to stand around chatting while they watch one guy do the work.

Where did I say they PURPOSELY mess it up?

I know it goes both ways, but seeing as you have what seem to be a much better handle on the day to day, how much budget is blown on worker inefficiency, that is to say man hours billed for non-progress? Also if a worker does fuck up, what repercussions do they have? Do they get there ass covered by the union and move to the next job or are they weeded out?

The point I'm trying to make is not that our guys are unqualified or incapable but as in any position where there's too big a security behind them, people get complacent. Just look at most marriages. People think they got that shit locked down, so they get a little fat, a little lazy and the quality of the relationship starts to deteriorate. You either need to be noble or have consequences and it's sure as the day is long that very few people have high principles these days.

The goal is to find that happy medium where our workers don't go home worried about losing their job to a foreign firm, but at the same time don't have the gall to stand around chatting while they watch one guy do the work.

Unions are strong and protect shit workers. CCQ makes sure shit workers have work. Buuuuut.
People get fired for that shit. There’s little normes du travail when you work CCQ jobs. And some companies don’t give a shit about the union.

You can pretty much get fired tomorrow for no good reason.

Companies want to make money not waste money. I know an operator, got fired in his 150 hours garantie for cracking sidewalk with the mini excavator. If you know construction, this sort of stuff happens and can’t be avoided on old ass sidewalk. Still got fired because it cost money.

Worker ineffectiveness is part of having a work force that gets trained, is tired, works along the weather, broken or malfunctioning equipment, cnesst, etc.

Usually budgets account for fuck ups.

Also think for a second, you have 5 guys; 1 of which operates a machine alone. 2 of which drive trucks, 2 of which are labourers.

Sometimes the drivers are standing and waiting, sometimes the labourers are waiting, sometimes the operator is waiting.

You can’t step on peoples feet on big job sites.

If you drive around 9:30am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm people usually take their breaks at those times...

Also, we bill for «*perte de temps*» and explain why, it’s mostly when project management fucks ups or client fuck ups or subs fuck up (concrete not showing up, cnesst shutting down, material not showing up) For instance where I work we have a three day perte de temps and 100 tones of mg20 as well as 120feet 6x20ft sections of conduit because one resident of an adjacent street of the Main Street we are working on deposited a complaint about some rain water during the spring. Eng decided fuck it let’s use Main Street budget and send this one company on a change order, have to raise the road almost 3 feet. Add a downward drain on a road that goes up and down. 3 wasted days off the main project. Unrelated to the workers.

Back